Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much of a market for corroded zincolns right now, maybe in a thousand years, if they survive!
I haven't sold any coins yet.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesnnnn.jpg ...You are joking, correct.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you could say I sell back my clad when I get enough put together. Coinstar charges *maybe more now* 10 percent. The rest hold more value to me in the memories of the recovery :) I admit in the event I find something of exceptional value I might be inclined to sell it. Scrap jewelry gets sold however.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you could say I sell back my clad when I get enough put together. Coinstar charges *maybe more now* 10 percent. The rest hold more value to me in the memories of the recovery :) I admit in the event I find something of exceptional value I might be inclined to sell it. Scrap jewelry gets sold however.

if you take your coinstar dollars in the form of a gift card, they don't charge anything. You can get Home Depot, Amazon, I tunes and Sears cards,plus a bunch of others, through the machine.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, does anyone on here try to sell their coins? If yes, what kind of profit/a have you made?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

If you are metal detecting to try to make money you are in the wrong hobby. It's about relaxing, it's about the thrill of the hunt, it's about uncovering lost history.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not dissagreeing with Jason,I love this hobby.I'm as addicted as anyone for sure.But heck yes I sell my stuff,including coins.The last couple years it really helped me out of a couple tough spots in the dead of winter when my work was slow.For me its part of the hobby,I keep what I want and sell the rest.I even cleaned and restored a large cent(ruining its value)because I would never sell it.The story behind its discovery etc.Its a keeper.Btw I finally found a 1908s indian...decent condition...any offers?

Sold over 3k in the last couple years...will surely sell more..will keep a ton of stuff too...all good
cheers

Last edited:

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was into coin roll hunting a few yrs ago,did well enough to buy an excal,wetsuit,gloves n boots and a scoop.............traded it in when silver was at 47 and i only dealt with 1/2 dollars

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was into coin roll hunting a few yrs ago,did well enough to buy an excal,wetsuit,gloves n boots and a scoop.............traded it in when silver was at 47 and i only dealt with 1/2 dollars

nicely done bomber!!If I want to invest in new equipment my wife is all for it.I have made a good deal of profit at this hobby.She is on the brink of having paid for her equip.now.I just got her a dd coil for her f2 paid for in clad finds.
cheers

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never need to use my own budget for batteries as I find enough clad to cover that and then some. I have sold some sliver and gold jewelry, but would never give a newbie the idea that they could make a lot of money with finds unless they were very lucky compared to the average hunter.
luvsdux

OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Sweet! I've told my wife it will pay for itself but you know women....anyways what is coin roll hunting?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yo bill
yer right,I dont wish to imply that anyone should quit their day job for detecting.However,being self employed and having a slow season I prolly spend alot more hour swingin a coil that most.Lucky for me I'm also in a touristy town in the mountains...skiers and sledders in winter...all the rest in summer.Mining,ranching and lumber history too.
Not many hobbies offer the chance to show a bit of profit and this is one of them.
dig for the love of the hobby and the rest just may come...it has for us.
cheers

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin roll hunting is going to a bank and ordering a box of half dollars(500 a box) or whatever u want Go thru the boxes looking for silver Return the clad to the bank or banks My first box had 24 1964s in it and 20 proofs Thought it was the easiest thing in the world Was doing 5-6 boxes per week Then hit 27 boxes in a row of skunks Stopped after that

OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Nice! That would make me stop too haha

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
i have been doing this for over 40 years ..And i have sold every thing i have found that has value coins & jewelry…… All the scrap metal was sold to the junk yard.. The things that did not sell for they had no value to me went to places like goodwill… How much have i made over the years … That is only for me to know ….. How much has a person made why a lot ask that i do not know ….. Read my signature below...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Let me put it this way. I bought the best equipment that was available 13+ years ago. It is still great equipment, It has paid for itself many times over, in fact a one day ruby gold ring 700.jpg hunt has paid for all the equipment.
Now talking about cache hunting, I can only say, I am way ahead of the game. Frank...

OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Very nice frank, vey encouraging!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Very nice frank, vey encouraging!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet[/ QUOTE]

Here's the trick! Looking where the high priced items have been lost, or in cache hunting, placed.
I search some yards here where the rich have stayed in the past summers to escape the city heat. Some of the yards are over 200 years old, and never been searched. I am sure there are areas like this within 30 miles of all big cities.
Cache hunting is different. You have to develop a sense as to whether the tale has the right logic and if the facts fit and are valid. Hay, it's worth it for the fun and if you play the game right, there are big rewards. Frank...
coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg coins_0003 T 5 peso_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Beautiful! Who is your photographer??

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have been doing photography since the 50's. Those were taken with an old Canon D10 that has only 6MP but the sensor and processor are top quality. I processed them in Photoshop Elements and dummed them down to 700 pictals to speed loading on the net. Frank...
A1-   BARBARA'S HOUSE.jpg
Here's one that gets me in the yards. I think it arouses the greed factor. I jest show what I found in a neighbors yard. It is 8"X10".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions