HAS ANYONE ORDERED FROM KELLYCO ????

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yes, Kellyco is superb! Never had a problem, multiple orders, great service and warranty. 'Course others may think differently, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :) -Noodle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
they are a reputable dealer. i have ordered a lot of stuff and usually everything went well. i did have a problem once and it wasnt handled very well. i think they lack the personal attention you would get from a smaller dealer, but thier prices are good and they are reliable.

D

dons

I have purchased from Kellyco and had a fantastic experience and sent them several emails about the shipping and each one was answered quickly and professionally. I ended up getting my MD right when it was supposed to be there but I was supposed to get one of the new dollar coins and didn't get it. I sent off an email and got a response withing 24 hours and the coin was in the mail the next day.

I would highly recommend them

G

ghosthunter

Ordered from KELLYCO on a Friday, had my new detector on Tuesday.. Great service...Good Hunting ghosthunter..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never ordered from them, I live in Orlando and my business with them is all walk in. Never had a problem, and they have always been helpful. I have read of others having a problem, but then every sotre does at some time or other. If ther was a small dealer in Orlando, I would deal with them, but since there is not I go to Kellyco.

My next detector will most likely be from TonynConn....He has made me a very fair offer on my Beach Hunter ID. I am shipping it off to whites this week for a complete check out.

G

garbage digger

You won't have any issues with them. I have heard nothing but excellent feedback.

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered two detectors in the last month from them. No problems except one of the freebie finders logs was missing. I needed info concerning the seriel number from them and mentioned it and it was mailed the next day.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I admit I have bought from Kellyco...and outside of a weird CS response on a short-shipment, it went fine. BTW, Kellyco is also known as Aardvark metal Detectors, who sells on Ebay. When I tried to find out WHY they used a second name, I got even weirder responses.
Also there has been quite a bit of negative feelings towards Kellyco because of their sales of expensive, junk "long distance directional detectors" and dowsing stuff (but that's a whole nuther ball of wax)

I have since discovered a GREAT source of metal detecting equipment at GREAT prices with one of the friendliest guys you will ever meet, Brian Pennington. The shop's called Southern Treasures...and small businesses like his ARE treasures. I suggest you give them a look before buying!

http://www.southern-treasures.com/

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I got my DFX from Kellyco, but here is what you need to know...... First of all don't assume the price they give you is the best! I found better prices from other internet dealers! Then when I called them back and told them I did not want any of their free breakable crap they beat the price and knocked another $20 off the price! It worked out fine, but funny they advertise eagle headphones for a $100, other junk at outragous prices but then more or less admitted they were just worth $20 all together! ??? Well my advice is shop around, I did get a great price but did my homework first!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
I ordered my DFX from Kellyco about 2 1/2 years ago.

The price was great and they kicked in a alot of freebies..

The order process:

When I called to order it, I felt like I was dealing with a "Used Car Salesman".."Your gonna need to buy a coil cover".. "Don't you want to protect your investment?" .. "The pinpointer needs a battery I'll just add that to your
order" and my favorite.."The free digging kit needs a belt what size do you want me to add to your order"

Shipping:

I needed to know when my DFX was going to arrive at my house. So someone could be there to sign for it.
I had 2 packages stolen from my doorstep in the past. Kellyco said they would send me a tracking number as soon as it shipped and I could also view it on there webpage. 4 days after my order I E-mailed them for a shipping status. ..No reply..on the 6th day my DFX was sitting on my doorstep. And on the 7th day they E-mailed me with a Tracking number. Just a little late!

The Order:

Very well packaged.. Everything came in 1 box and each item was put into a plastic bag for protection, And lots of packing peanuts! I was missing the free Automax pinpointer... I called them again to report the missing item..
And they shipped it to me 2 day express..

Free Items :

IMHO

The free digging kit, To me was pretty cheap. I have never used it. The 7 inch coin probe with a wooden handle was already bent a little and I don't think it would last. The Rambo hunting knife with a bright orange plastic handle would spin on the handle, Not to mention it's size would call attention from the local crime prevention officers!
The Gator digging tool is pretty cool. I still use it alot and it great for digging. The Sheath it all came with is very large, I little overkill in size.

Automax Pinpointer: I still use it after 2 1/2 years, Although it has been modded to reduce the size of it and it is still way to big for my taste. And I replaced the battery connector with a higher quality one. I'm waiting for the day I wear it out. That would justify a Vibra-Probe..

Free Headphones : Eagle?? Although I still use them today, They often lose sound out of the leftside and the plastic cord does not hold upto colder weather and freezes hard. The Pleather ear muffs are too thin and start to hurt my ears after about 2 hours. I lost all volume control out of the rightside.

I know Kellyco dosen't control the quality of the freebie's, But you would think they could offer better quality items, Even with the great price they offered on the DFX, They could raise the price and offer better quality Items..

I often visit there webpage and browse around, I still find it hard that they rate there branded Items over the rest
Good, Better and Best. The automax pinpointer works and is decend. But they say it better then Whites bullseye and vibra probe. I find that hard to swallow. But that's my opinion..

I would order from them again as long as I could get the item somewhere else and order it without calling a sales person. I think there shipping cost is pretty steep and many other places online are half the cost to ship.

I sent them an E-mail lastyear about the 12" EXcelerator coil. for the DFX, I asked about the price and told them I had ordered my DFX from them and If I could get the special pricing. They said no problem. As long as you ordered the detector from them, They will honor special pricing as if you just bought the detector.

All in all I have mixed feelings about Kellyco..

Upon a recommendation from Dan, I called Southren Treasures and talked to Brian.
I called about KillerB's Headphones and a Vibra-Probe.. He offered the best price and a great shipping cost..
I'm planning to order the probe... headphones and a book for $200 shipped!

ZoSo71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread