Indian tally

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
This morning I gave my daughter's teacher an 1887 Indian head penny because she has shown quite an interest in the things I find and has gotten me some places to search. After receiving the penny, the teacher asked where I had found it, and I wasn't sure. This prompted me to review my logbook tonight and I was amazed to discover that I have found 75 Indians in less than three years. This has helped to really fill two collections for my kids, and includes an 1868, 69, 71 and 73. As for the 1887, it came from one of four places, but I can't say for sure which. Of the 75, only one has a date that I just can't read.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That's a good IH count. I'm no where near that number. It wasn't until I started concentrating more on older homes and sites that my IH count started to go up.

If you are a collector - IH's have increased very steadily in value and I believe will be a coin that will continue to be in demand in the future.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Dang dude.

You found the whole tribe.

Don't keep them near Sacajoya.

BURT

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mirage, from what I've been reading, you'll catch up! Wildrider, I do try to keep my Indians away from the aforementioned squaw; they are, after all, more valuable than she is! Should I segregate the Buffalo nickels as well?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread