What detector is the absolute best and accurate coinshooter!!!!!

Youngladd

Dec 26, 2006
Fox Lake Illinois
Detector(s) used
BH 3300, BH Challenger
I am saving up for my next detector, I research old sites and strictly coinshoot, I dont like diggin up garbage, so I normally try to profile my target as a coin size object that is non ferrous before digging and I use other techniques. What i am looking for is the best detector for the job and i will learn and/or program the detector to maximize my coin finds.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there is such an animal. What I like to use and am proficient with you might find hard to use or a waste of time. There are people out there that still have the clock on the VCR blinking. People have their preferences and what works great in one area of the country, sucks in another.

OP
OP
Youngladd

Youngladd

Dec 26, 2006
Fox Lake Illinois
Detector(s) used
BH 3300, BH Challenger
Sandman said:
I don't think there is such an animal. What I like to use and am proficient with you might find hard to use or a waste of time. There are people out there that still have the clock on the VCR blinking. People have their preferences and what works great in one area of the country, sucks in another.

I live in the midwest and I coinshoot and I can adapt(set the clock on the VCR too!) based on that are all machines equal? or should I just pick one based on cost?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
"Yes" means everyone who replies will tell you theirs is the best... because no matter what your using or like it is prolly as good as it needs to be.

Here is a pile of reviews as well... http://metaldetectorreviews.net/

BHs routinelly have great depth and accuracy... suprisingly so, do you feel like your missing out on coins or something?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I can give you advice based on my past experiences with the DFX, Explorer II, Quattro, Coinstrike and Classic III SL.

Of the above mentioned you will dig less trash while getting maximum depth with the Explorer II.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youngladd, with the quality of the machines being made today, it doesn`t boil down to the machine it is the user behind the machine decyphering what the machine is telling them. I have seen people using ancient machines clean out areas that others though were empty basically because those people knew exactly what there machine was saying to them. Get the machine you can afford and learn it inside out front to back and everywhere inbetween and you will come out ahead of the game. Then later if you need a better machine upgrade. Knowledge is what finds coins and items buried in the ground, not the latest gizmo or detector. Just like in everything else quality cost more money most of the machines in the thousand $$ range will help you the most in finding buried items, BUT only after you have the knowledge to know what it is saying to you.

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sandman said:

You still use a VCR? ;D

OP
OP
Youngladd

Youngladd

Dec 26, 2006
Fox Lake Illinois
Detector(s) used
BH 3300, BH Challenger
I undrstand what you are saying but Please put all your assumptions aside. let me worry about my skill knowlege and technique. Regardless of what anybody says I am convinced that my $100 BH is not the machine that I would like to become proficient at. I can become proficient at any machine i put my hands on. If I am going to marry my machine I want the best i can get and I WILL become proficient with that machine. Some of you have bought thousand dollar machines all machines are not equal. I need a good coinshooter with lots of bells and whistles. Your thoughts

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youngladd said:
I undrstand what you are saying but Please put all your assumptions aside. let me worry about my skill knowlege and technique. Regardless of what anybody says I am convinced that my $100 BH is not the machine that I would like to become proficient at. I can become proficient at any machine i put my hands on. If I am going to marry my machine I want the best i can get and I WILL become proficient with that machine. Some of you have bought thousand dollar machines all machines are not equal. I need a good coinshooter with lots of bells and whistles. Your thoughts

Well since you put it that way go buy u a minelab SE.....................

I would offer more assistance but sorry i don`t like your attitude.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want the most detector for the money, I suggest the DFX or Explorer SE. I lean toward the SE because of the DD coil and little extra depth I believe it has on the DFX. Plus I have had good luck with it an playing with all the features. The object is to have fun detecting. Using a smaller coil will allow you to cherry pick between the junk.

An yes I still have a VCR, and 8 track too.

HH,
Sandman

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youngladd said:
I am saving up for my next detector, I research old sites and strictly coinshoot, I dont like diggin up garbage, so I normally try to profile my target as a coin size object that is non ferrous before digging and I use other techniques. What i am looking for is the best detector for the job and i will learn and/or program the detector to maximize my coin finds.

Finding and hunting old sites for coins is my favorite thing to do. Depending on the site and how much time I have to spend, I may dig it all or just go for the signals that may be higher conductive coins. Iron is our enemy at older sites so a good fast machine is what I look for. I have used Minelabs multi-freq and Fisher CZ's in the past but do not care for the slow sweep they require. I much prefer the newer faster motion machines like the Fisher Coinstrike and ID Edge. The Minelab Advantage is also a favorite for plucking coins out of iron. What I really want to check out in the near future is the new Fisher F-75. All the reports so far are very positive on its ability to find stuff in iron... Sounds like my dream machine.

Tom

OP
OP
Youngladd

Youngladd

Dec 26, 2006
Fox Lake Illinois
Detector(s) used
BH 3300, BH Challenger
TheSleeper said:
Youngladd said:

Well since you put it that way go buy u a minelab SE.....................

I would offer more assistance but sorry i don`t like your attitude.

OH cmon now lets keep it friendly, I am just trying to get the info, didnt mean to offend ya. If you dont want to help thats OK no problem. I am still entertained by your posts

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I like the EX 2 and have 2 of them but I guess the SE is a bit better. I use a DFX and CZ7a pro for backups or when the situation calls for me to use them. Excals for the water. But, as people have said ,you have to LEARN your machine to get the most out of it-hours & hours & hours...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread