Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even If it was $5 I'd be Ill.

Still hope it's a mistake.
Davers

Don't get me wrong that's a lot to me just to be missing. I hope I get my money back or the coil

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He shipped it usps. Yeah that picture is what worries me that they are the same and the after payment not one email reply back he has until Friday it it's not here then I reopen the unauthorized charge on PayPal

yes USPS Shipped Saturday it may arrive tomorrow friday at the latest
if your mail service is as screwed up as Mine.

& he won't get a Tracking Number if he didn't purchase it Saturday.

if it were to get lost after so many days USPS puts out a tracer,
which is just a card saying look around for a package shaped like -----
addressed to -----.

but without insurance:dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to wait until Friday and I will let everyone know if it's here or not. I just would like to know why he used a eBay listing picture and he said it was his own. Thanks for being on my side and not saying why did you trust this guy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most members are honest

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking through his latest posts and I found a number I will try txt him now

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should handle this as a Buyer Complaint through Paypal. It isn't an unauthorized charge. Under Buyer Complaint in the Resolution Center, there are steps to take for "items not delivered". In the future, if you decide to buy something from an individual over the internet, be sure and agree "in writing/email" on shipping dates, payment process and anything else before you process a payment. You paid for it on the 15th, and he says he shipped it on the 23rd - eight days after your payment. If he sent it first class mail, it should be there by Friday.

The good thing you did is not sending the payment as a "gift option". You would have no recourse.

Good luck!

Wayne

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kentucky...
They're always from Kentucky...:tongue3:

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should handle this as a Buyer Complaint through Paypal. It isn't an unauthorized charge. Under Buyer Complaint in the Resolution Center, there are steps to take for "items not delivered". In the future, if you decide to buy something from an individual over the internet, be sure and agree "in writing/email" on shipping dates, payment process and anything else before you process a payment. You paid for it on the 15th, and he says he shipped it on the 23rd - eight days after your payment. If he sent it first class mail, it should be there by Friday.

The good thing you did is not sending the payment as a "gift option". You would have no recourse.

Good luck!

Wayne

Thanks Wayne for clearing that up. But since I opened a unauthorized charge how do I open a buyer compliant if I already opened a unauthorized charge should I call them and tell them the situation

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went and looked at your Paypal photo, you actually paid him on the 22nd, not the 15th. Give it a little more time and hopefully it will arrive. If not, then go through the resolution center on PayPal and file as item not delivered.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd just wait until Friday at this point. Then cancel the complaint if the item is received.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wait begin then until Friday

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you just paid him on the 22 and this is only the 27th I think you are getting your self all worked up over nothing… I bought things that have taken 14 or 15 days and some times longer to get to me..

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you just paid him on the 22 and this is only the 27th I think you are getting your self all worked up over nothing… I bought things that have taken 14 or 15 days and some times longer to get to me..

I might be but why would he end contact as soon as he got the payment and never email me back at all and use a eBay photo instead of his own

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened up a unauthorized charge how do I change it to item not received dispute

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be but why would he end contact as soon as he got the payment and never email me back at all and use a eBay photo instead of his own
On Ebay it list the quantity as 2...I thought maybe he hade multiple coils to sell, some on Ebay and some other places but they are 127 on Ebay and you only paid 75. The Ebay seller is in Missouri and the guy you bought from was named KentuckyDigging...I would be worried too.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Did you notice that his E Mail name is not the same as the name that got the payment on your notice?
Frank...- five star.png

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP,

Here is a link on PayPal's site that will help you understand how they handle fraud:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/topic/?topicID=FRAUD&parentID=PROBLEMS&m=BT

It looks like they are having a technical issue right now as it does not load the answer I clicked. However, here is a link to give them a call

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone

They will be able to help you resolve the issue and hopefully advise you to the best course of action. I'd make sure you have all of the facts before calling so that you don't have to estimate or guess. Since you did not gift it, I would imagine that you'll be covered by some type of protection. Only PayPal really knows. Give them a call and let us know how it turns out.

It's worth noting that I back up what some others have said... sometimes online transactions get delayed. People's lives and responsibilities get the best of them sometimes. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions