BEACH HUNTING HELP

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, Garrett 2500, Garrett Pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK.....TRIED BEACH HUNTING.....WHAT A DISASTER..I had many good signals and could not get one retrieval, the water and sand filled the scoop area back up so fast could not get anything up.............what am I doing wrong?...........I know I had some jewelry had great strong hits and got permission to hunt on a private beach, never been hunted before......this is truly frustrating....any ideas someone please?/??

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What machine were you using?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes practice to retrieve targets in the water. I recommend practicing on the sand in a volleyball court or dry beach first. Pinpointing in the water can be tricky. I usually pinpoint my target, place my foot behind the coil, then put the scoop in front of my foot. Be careful of the angle of the scoop or you might be ahead of the target. Once I fill the scoop, I move it sideways and rescan the hole. If the target is still in the hole, I dump and rescoop.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
1-locate target.
2-insert tip of scoop at least 6" before target area.
3-push scoop in at app. 45 degree angle untill you have reached the dept capacity of the scoop then push it forward untill it is full.
4- raise scoop opened end up and shake the hell out of it untill jest the target remains.
Mission accomplished!

PS: use a good long handled scoop. Here is my 13+ year old target magnet. Frank...- five star.png
Tool scoop-700.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread