Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like the acid test, requires some destruction.

I ordered a Silver Slide pushing a month ago from Malaysia as recommended by Marcha45 and haven't received it yet - though it says it's already been delivered:

Gold Silver Fastest Test Tool The Slide | eBay

Marcha45 also recommended the Precious Metal Verifier - though it's very expensive = over $800...

Sigma Metalytics - Home

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for replying and I apologize for being insulting about it (because I really dont mean to be), but that Silver Slide looks kind of lame to me. How does it test gold? I watched the video. It does not even tell you the purity of your gold like the others. Everything sliding down that thing all looked the same to me so its probably not the right tester for me.

Right now the one that looks good to me is the AuRacle AGT-1. $199. I can even get an app to do it on my iPhone. I'll probably hold off until I actually FIND some gold. Still waiting for that, lol.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I hadn't heard of the AuRacle AGT-1

I can't attest to the competency of the Silver Slide = since I have not received it, and may never receive it. If and when I do I'll certainly test it out and post here if I can find the thread again "someday". Tracking says it was delivered, to Roanoke, Va. I don't live there! I'm about an hour and a half from Roanoke. Maybe they can test it in the hood there.....

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an RS Mizer Electronic Gold Tester. RS Mizer makes a few models. Mine tests up to 18k. Non-destructive too.
It was tricked only once in my 4yrs if using it, due to a heavy gold plate on item tested.
I refuse to use scratch stones on jewelry due to permanent damage.
If I remember correctly, it was around $120.
Good luck
Peace

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an RS Mizer Electronic Gold Tester. RS Mizer makes a few models. Mine tests up to 18k. Non-destructive too.
It was tricked only once in my 4yrs if using it, due to a heavy gold plate on item tested.
I refuse to use scratch stones on jewelry due to permanent damage.
If I remember correctly, it was around $120.
Good luck
Peace

I am with Cincinnati - the Mizar is easy to use and extremely accurate.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I see the RS Mizer 18 K tester on ebay for about $88.00 and the RS Mizer 24 K tester for $149.00….. There is also good videos on you tube on how to use the tester..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread