Garrett CSI 250 CRIME SCENE DETECTOR

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw this ad for a Garrett CSI 250 crime scene detector and thought to myself "a Chinese knock off" but it is a real Garrett as far as I can tell. It appears to be a ACE 250 with a modified screen. The ad states that it can even tell you the caliber of the shell casing in the ground !!

Garrett CSI 250 Crime Scene Investigation Metal Detector | Shop | Features | Reviews | MetalDetector.com

Cost is higher than the Ace 250...might buy one to hang on the wall and advertise my assistance to law enforcement in the state. LOL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw this ad for a Garrett CSI 250 crime scene detector and thought to myself "a Chinese knock off" but it is a real Garrett as far as I can tell. It appears to be a ACE 250 with a modified screen. The ad states that it can even tell you the caliber of the shell casing in the ground !!

Garrett CSI 250 Crime Scene Investigation Metal Detector | Shop | Features | Reviews | MetalDetector.com

Cost is higher than the Ace 250...might buy one to hang on the wall and advertise my assistance to law enforcement in the state. LOL
…You are in the dark or really new to detecting… Garretts web site has all those listed ..he has the …HOBBY DIVISION…SECURITY DIVISION THAT is were you will find the detector you are talking about ..and the ..COUNTERMINE/ERW DIVISION…www.garrettmetaldetectors.com

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats crazy, is Ive actually seen them being used on the News when they were looking for bullet shells. Im sure they are donated around the different DFW Police Dept's, since Garrett is located here

And the price isnt that far off, My ACE was 212, but didnt come with a fancy carrying case

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats crazy, is Ive actually seen them being used on the News when they were looking for bullet shells. Im sure they are donated around the different DFW Police Dept's, since Garrett is located here

And the price isnt that far off, My ACE was 212, but didnt come with a fancy carrying case
Yes i see them on the news up here in Ohio when they show the police using the security 250 looking for what ever they look for..

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has an additional "doughnut shop nearby" icon that the standard 250 lacks.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATPro has this version as well. The AT model not only shows what type of shell casing, but with a slight upgrade, will actually show "perps" address. ;)
Peace

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we still have keystone cops in our area, so that technology isnt avail to them, lol

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
…You are in the dark or really new to detecting… Garretts web site has all those listed ..he has the …HOBBY DIVISION…SECURITY DIVISION THAT is were you will find the detector you are talking about ..and the ..COUNTERMINE/ERW DIVISION…www.garrettmetaldetectors.com

#1. I do not visit garrett's site.
#2. if I did why would I look in security section since I have nothing to do with security fields.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#2. if I did why would I look in security section since I have nothing to do with security fields.
You never look at anything outside your "field"?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Then that is why you thought that the Garrett security 250 was a knock off… You do not keep your self informed on what is going on in the detecting field..

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then that is why you thought that the Garrett security 250 was a knock off… You do not keep your self informed on what is going on in the detecting field..

Sorry I have a life outside of detecting and do not have the time to check out 100+ detecting sites. I also have several other hobbies that take a lot of my free time.

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,
Don't be so thin skinned we all take hits here now and then.. It keep's the blood flowing..

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be so thin skinned we all take hits here now and then.. It keep's the blood flowing..

And we keep coming back for more lol

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is amazing to me is how in the last two years the Archeology community has embraced the use of metal detectors. It makes sense that law enforcement would use them on crime scenes. Garrett is smart to cater their products. I think my mentors started with the old mine sweeper metal detectors.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one is trying to scare "newbies", I don't think keppy was trying to be rude, just saying that it is found on Garrett's website and you must be new to detecting ....

No one needs to take any "hits".....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

You just have to roll with the punches here. Frank five star.png
111-2 700.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i see that you are still here posting i did not want to chase any one away …. So hang around like the rest of us and every now and then we all here learn some thing new …. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread