Where is the closest place to use a highbanker around Sacramento?

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding? Pick a stream. Any stream. As long as the eco-nazis leave you alone. Be sure to check that you aren't on anyones claim. I was once for a whole summer, but they didn't care. They knew I wasn't going to get much with my hand sluice. The real gold was 17 feet down on the bedrock. Talking to them one day, they said that they took 17 ounces out of one pocket once. This was on the north fork of the American, just up from the bridge at the bottom of Mosquito Ridge Road. Since that man found that 5 lb. nugget in Butte county you might want to wander up that way.
I forgot where to find this info, but the" government" required all gold from the California gold rush to be sold to them. And they kept records of how much came out of which area/county. Where gold has been found before, it will be found there again.

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in the same boat as you AA

Heavy Pans!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better check with fish and game about using a high banker on public land because generally speaking a high banker uses a motorized source for moving your water.Goodluck!

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am worried about the envirocommies ticketing me. Not having much luck with the GPAA claims lately, but am itchin to try my first highbanker.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA Claims have gold, just been dredged: over, and over...and dredged once more "just in case"

HB - Indeed

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a helicopter service that would take you into some of the remote areas. One man that did this for two months came out with $30,000 in gold. This was back when gold was a few hundred an ounce. I have seen remote areas that would be hard for a helicopter to get in due to the steep and narrow canyons they were in. You would have to spend several days hiking into these areas. I spotted them from the road, about one to two thousand feet down a vertical mountain side. Happy Hunting!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"one or two thousand feet", with a highbanker+pump...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions