🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've got to be kidding

I saw this for sale on Ebay.

moCC4WtvEABSTX0MAXToJzg.jpg $_57.JPG

The guy is selling these for $675. I looks like a modified Star trek phaser toy with a telescoping antenna glued on. Calls it a long range metal locator.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deadly- ask him can he stick it up his arse!

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoever is stupid enough to buy one will probably do it for them.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. The lightning bolt logo proves it's authenticity. I'll take one for $6.75! ;)
Peace

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good ole american ingenuity

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, maybe chinese ingenuity and gullible americans. Wonder if it would help find the LDM? Maybe not, but I bet you could find a couple of pennies in a parking lot...

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you can get a new one if you want. Seems to be a model 20, price is $695 new........not much of a discount.

***electroscopes***

Last edited:

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude you guys don't have Electroscopes yet!? Missing out!

(Lol)

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I cannot remember the dealer online that advertises these but I ran across it once. If I can find it I will post but I have seen this before other than E-Bay. $675 is insane and I cannot remember how much they were at the dealer.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a you tube video of a guy using one. Looks like an electronic divining rod. LOL
Didn't watch the whole video, but wonder how many times he says "and everything" through it. LOL

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You guys are ALL wrong. Haven't you seen the pictures of persons posed next to the jars of coins they found ? Pictures don't lie afterall. They wouldn't be allowed to advertise it in reputable magazines, if it weren't true. All you do is wave it at enough likely looking ruins, then pull out your detector to "pinpoint", and I bet you find metal ! Maybe even a goodie!

And as for the scientific truth of the innard components, well: they have a battery, wires, various resistors and capacitors, dials, etc... Therefore it must have electronic/scientific basis. The fact that YOU don't understand it, doesn't make it any less so. And if you attempt to dis-prove it as scientifically impossible, well they've got that covered too: It's merely "un-discovered science". Afterall: people used to think heavier-than-air flight was impossible. Or that the earth was flat, etc..... Same thing here: just un-discovered science.

So please recant of your kill-joy negative attitudes. Give it a try. Because you don't know UNLESS you try. You're not qualified to offer a criticism, unless you've personally tried it . And if you don't find a goodie the first day or first week, it still doesn't mean the contraptions don't work. It merely means you didn't try it long enough. And that you need "more practice". If it doesn't find a goodie in the first month, well durned those sun spots anyhow. Keep trying. If after a year it still don't work, well .... then you don't have the "gift". At NO point is it EVER that the machine simply doesn't work. It's all user errors, environmental factors, need-of-more-practice, etc.....

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well he sell's different brand's of detectors , And he is in business to sell and make a living , They are made as metal detectors and sold as metal detectors .. Some will swear by them , some will make fun of them , and some will hate them , Kellyco sells that type of locator also …That brand i don't know … So that is why some dealers sell them .. To bring in more cash .. Selling detector's is not the big money maker …. I think most small dealers have to have another income to make it …And he can not be that bad of a dealer on ebay he has over a 1600 feed back's and not one bad feed back..

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Well he sell's different brand's of detectors ....… And he can not be that bad of a dealer on ebay he has over a 1600 feed back's and not one bad feed back..

Correct. What more proof can anyone ask for? Therefore those gizmos work! Now all you nay-sayers: recant of your negative comments ! :laughing7:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No independent test has ever proven LRLs work.

ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator

What gets me is all the poor souls that spend their hard earned money on one, don't find a thing, and are too embarrassed to admit it.

Many SWEAR they work.:tongue3:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct. What more proof can anyone ask for? Therefore those gizmos work! Now all you nay-sayers: recant of your negative comments ! :laughing7:
You can make fun if you want but i would not buy one … But i would buy from him on ebay the reason his feed back….Well at least some of you get your kicks by putting other things down ..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No independent test has ever proven LRLs work....

If, by that, you mean "scientific test" (ie.: table-testing, double-blind studies, studies of their interior components, etc...), then the answer is simple: It's because it's in a class of "un-discovered science". Besides, if by "tests" you mean "results", then you're wrong: Because even by your own admission, many DO swear that they work. And on what basis? RESULTS (they found stuff). Therefore, by any way you look at it, your statement isn't correct :)

.... the poor souls that spend their hard earned money on one, don't find a thing.....

What?? And you think that's some sort of proof that they don't work ?? ON THE CONTRARY ! It simply means those persons didn't practice enough. If they practice for a week, well ... then they must need 2 weeks. If they've practiced for 2 weeks, well .... then they must need a year. If they've practiced a year, well .... then give it 2 years. And so forth into infinity. Heck, some md'rs have found gold and silver coins right? But the beginner picks up a detector, heads out his first day or week, and FAILS to find a gold or silver coin. That doesn't prove that detectors "don't work", does it ? Therefore why the double standards for LRL's ?

Tsk tsk, now repent of your Kill-joy post. Otherwise it's as Keppy says: "Some people just enjoy putting other things down ".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread