South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about you...

I hate it getting dark so early!!
I barely get out of bed in time to make it to work, no time for detecting in the morning.
When I get off, DARK!
Hard to go day after day wanting to detect(badly), but have to wait for my days off.
I have pretty good hours, but I don't get to see much sunshine... or should I say daylight.
Rain or shine, I'm outside... just hard(and unsafe) to detect in the dark!
SIGH!!!! :BangHead:
So many places I could be right now...
but getting ready for work!

WHAT A BUMMER!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here in Oregon... It is a bummer... I used to be able to be out detecting by 5 am and now it is 7:15 am before I can see the ground :( Also have to dodge the pouring rain.
Still cant complain to much here, I feel for everyone that lives in heavy snow areas and can only detect so many months per year :(
Starting last Friday, I took of from work until 1-5-2015, so I am going to get some detecting time in :)
Good luck in Texas...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on the bright side, today is the Winter Solstice. After today, the days will start getting longer....albeit slowly.

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i call it vampire syndrome. i wake up and go to work when it's dark. i usually work indoors and dont see the sun much, if at all. come home when it's dark already. might as well sleep in a coffin lol. at least the days get longer by about a minute a day from here on.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On top of that it has been over two weeks with overcast and no sunshine. Gloom, gloom.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya I'm just happy the ground here isn't frozen yet!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You have to look on the bright side. We just had the longest nite of the year. The days, ever so slowly, will grow longer. Frank five star.png
DEATH VALLEY SUNSET 04.jpg The death of the day at Death Valley.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Winter sucks!

During the summer I will hunt 2-3 afternoons a week until dark. So I can get home from work around 5 and get a good 4+ hours in. Not to mention waking up early on weekend for another few hours each morning.

Winter is a good time to catch up on house projects and other hobbies. I try to keep occupied to distract me from the cold weather and lack of sunlight.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, been rough down here too..

b82f1cccfd71bbad6027644fce466988.jpg

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:
OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter sucks!

During the summer I will hunt 2-3 afternoons a week until dark. So I can get home from work around 5 and get a good 4+ hours in. Not to mention waking up early on weekend for another few hours each morning.

Winter is a good time to catch up on house projects and other hobbies. I try to keep occupied to distract me from the cold weather and lack of sunlight.

Yep!! I do all the hard physical labor(and totally non fun jobs) during the winter so I won't sweat to death, AND be useful... AND have less to do in summer when I can be out at the lake 'n stuff!! :laughing7:

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just need a plan.Might not be choice location but find a place well suited for low light hunting.Open farm fields on full moons are doable.Fields beside highways that have multiple billboards that are well lit are nice.Areas near truck stops are well lit and normally have at least small fields.Always be looking getting permissions.If you look you will see theres lots of places to hunt in dark.If your good at getting permissions you can almost always have a place to hunt reguardless of lighting or weather conditions.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's over a year old! but yah, i wish i lived in florida. all i got is crappy NJ. brrrrrrr
Same effect, it was mid 70s today, tomorrow forcast is mid 80s, it cools off for Christmas Eve/Day (mid 60s/high 40s) then back to mid 70s low 60s...

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate it getting dark so early!!
I barely get out of bed in time to make it to work, no time for detecting in the morning.
When I get off, DARK!
Hard to go day after day wanting to detect(badly), but have to wait for my days off.
I have pretty good hours, but I don't get to see much sunshine... or should I say daylight.
Rain or shine, I'm outside... just hard(and unsafe) to detect in the dark!
SIGH!!!! :BangHead:
So many places I could be right now...
but getting ready for work!

WHAT A BUMMER!

I'm gonna catch heck, but find a sugar daddy and quit your job. Then you can detect all day...

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just need a plan.Might not be choice location but find a place well suited for low light hunting.Open farm fields on full moons are doable.Fields beside highways that have multiple billboards that are well lit are nice.Areas near truck stops are well lit and normally have at least small fields.Always be looking getting permissions.If you look you will see theres lots of places to hunt in dark.If your good at getting permissions you can almost always have a place to hunt reguardless of lighting or weather conditions.

Yeah, I'm figuring out certain places. There is a school very close where the lights are bright, and will be no problem to do. Other places are coming to mind, as I do have a nice head lamp, but after a while it squeezes all my brains out.
Plus all the critters come out at night. I live within some serious woods. I have to pay attention to that and can't enjoy as much during the day.
Huge porcupines(size of small bears) and crap load of skunks...among other things...:laughing7:

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna catch heck, but find a sugar daddy and quit your job. Then you can detect all day...

OH NO!!
HA! I don't like to have to depend on anyone for anything...
Am happily single and plan to stay that way!!
I'll just make do and still be happy!! LOL :cat:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Msbeepbeep,

Now we have no light and the ground is frozen.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions