Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, the hunting season is about over, especially for me. I am getting too old to enjoy freezing my butt off and climbing trees with it raining or freezing cold. I did put some meat into our freezer as well as several others who aren't able to hunt any more so it was worth it. was also able to help several people who had lost things, one man hunted me up to see if I could find a carburetor jet that he had lost while working on his four wheeler. the man and his family were up from Texas and needed to be heading back as quickly as possible, it took about thirty minutes to find it, would have been faster but for the sheer amount of trash in the spot. He was ecstatic and wanted to know what he owed me and I just smiled and told him a handshake with a smile and we parted ways. Some day I hope to up grade to a XP Deus but that will be way down the road, so in the mean time I added a wireless headset to my detector and am now free of those cables. After a lot of research as well as a reality check on finances, I settled on the Rapoo headset (non bluetooth) and invested in the adapters needed to use it. one adapter from garrett to be able to plug in a 1/4 inch plug and then another for that plug to be able to plug in the tiny transmitter. haven't had time to put it thru the paces yet but have managed a few clad and other odd things like keys etc while using the all metal mode with the iron audio on and iron disc at 25. I plan to commit myself to this setting for a while although I may alter the disc slightly. I still have a few obligations for the next week or so but the nicer days are really calling me or should I say the dirt is. The sad thing is that what I had to spend on two teeth this year would have more than easily paid for the XP but such is life. I am excited about the freedom from the cables as well as the lighter headsets, I know that these won't compete with better higher quality headsets but it is a start. I had read about complaints with lag time with the bluetooth setups so we shall see. so happy hunting my friends and Merry Christmas... remember the reason for the season, our forefathers did.

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter, Nice readin' your post. You sound like a humble man with his priorities in order, characteristics to be emulated. I'm interested to hear how your wireless works out for ya. I'll keep a look out for your posts or feel free to pm me.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
once I figured out how to turn everything on, it works great, it is so light and now I see less sweaty ears and the problems there of. I just got thru strolling thru the iron patch to hear the iron and it did just fine. found some quick surface find trash and it was loud and clear... and no cables! OH YEAH!

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm with Ya on the sweaty ears. I like behind the head earbuds and cheap ones work fine for me but I have to connect them with a connector to an extension cord to a 1/4" jack. All of this sometimes gets in the way and isn't durable from the wear and tear. Earbuds with a longer cord or coiled cord and 1/4" jack would be great if I could find it. Radio Shack had a set of wireless behind the head earbuds when I first started using them a couple of years ago. I think they had 1 pair left and I should have gotten them. They were on sale because they were discontinued. I've hunted with guys that have Gray Gost and other high end headphones and high end detectors ( E-Tracs) . At times I've out hunted them and always do at least as good with my T2 and $5.00 earbuds

What Rapoo headset model are you using? What did they run you? Did you just take a chance and buy them or did you have some insight on what you were getting?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry to just now be answering you, busy day. the amount was about $34 thru amazon, it was the Rapoo H3070. in my research, I had found a couple of people using them on their detectors and all seemed to be happy with them. it was a matter of being fed up with the cables and the day that I ordered them was right after getting tangled up with my Lesch digger about three times in thirty minutes. I was on the side of a ridge and was trying not to get into some water. the last time sealed the deal and I was inside ordering them. takes about two hours to charge the headset and transmitter at the same time with one cable to various charging sites (i used my laptop). you get 5 to 6 hours per charge. at this point, they work very adequately for me. the only problem was figuring out how to actually turn the headset on.. it has a switch that goes left and right but to actually turn on and off you simple press inward. the setting up of the transmitter to the detector was super easy and in seconds. the headsets weigh nothing and I for one am very content with them. I hope that this helps you. they had cheaper models and as an older individual, I am ignorant of the differences. bottom line... they work and I am happy. Jerry

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if they work for you and your happy well that's all that matters. My friends just kinda looked at me like I lost my mind when I started using cheap earbuds. My Tesoro Sand Shark has built in headphones and I hate wearing them. I just like earbuds and liter wireless headphones may work well also. I appreciate you taking the time and giving me some insight . $34.00 doesn't sound too bad. I plan to look into them a little more and may make a purchase after the holidays.

I did have one other question and that is does anything cause interference? You may not know that at this time and may not know until you run into situations that cause it. I do hunt sometimes where Naval Fighter Jets fly pretty low and make it hard to hear and cause some interference with my machine. This may be a problem. I don't know much about how the frequencies work and wonder about Cell Towers, truckers with CB radios, other detectors nearby and power lines. I'd be interested to hear from you on any issues you encounter in the future.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and family and friends to share it with.
Barry

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no idea about any interference yet, I live a couple hundred yards from a busy highway and haven't hunted up real close with them while the 18 wheelers run by. but for the cost, I am wireless and cable free. someday I may invest in better quality but for the moment life is good. I am a blessed man indeed, rich with very good friends and family. Merry Christmas all

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello dirtlooter,

I admirer your positive outlook on life. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread