spooks

Capefearsman

Mar 5, 2007
Cape Fear, NC
Detector(s) used
XLT,Double Eagle
txkickergirl said:
I think we all run across those spots...but it ain't the dead spooks that worry me. Its the ones still alive. Always take precautions and hunt with a buddy, there are a lot of wackos out there.
Be Safe

This is good advice, if you MD alone in the woods it's a good idea to have a cell phone with you just in case, unless your in an area that has no coverage. If you have a medical emergency and need help at least you call for help .

Elmer Thudd

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2007
Greensburg, IN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II
Madmardigan said:
I'd like to believe but don't and won't until I see one for myself...

interesting theory on ghosts... Most are seen when people are remodeling old homes. As it is, the rust that forms on the nails over time is very similar to any tape or recording material. When people start pulling nails or moving rusty things around they are simply "replaying" what was recorded in ages past.

Hello Mr. M.-- Couldn't help but agree with you, to the extent that I once had not been
party to a supernatural event. In my case, I was 12 years old, the phone rang one evening, and instantly I knew (not thought, not afraid that, but knew) someone had died. It was my grandma, as a freak result of a minor fender bender.

That was only the first incidence, and I'm not "gifted" -- or, whatever-- as Ivan is, but through my life I've had to come to terms with the fact that not everyone-- maybe the majority-- will not "believe until I see it happen".

And that's fine. Maybe that's the way it should be. I know I didn't really admit it to myself until we were in a B.S. session in the barracks in Vietnam.

Maybe it would help to think of your body as a machine-- a very remarkable one-- in which you live, for now. That would make the real you, what-- a soul? A spirit? No less real, for all that... just perhaps able to become disembodied...

And having said that, there are places I WILL NOT go alone, or after dark.

Have a good one...

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Who's going to tell the next story?
I'll get more wood for the fire. Someone get the marshmellows.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
your turn bluezman--you must tell "the story" you know the one where.....the oxides stuff is a fact thats how tape recorders record stuff and rust is a form of oxide ---find out for yourself, the SETI program was a HUGE govt project --- look it up---the other stuff while I can not "prove" to others that it is true and thus wisely I will not wear myself down to a nub in an attempt trying to--- since I need no ones approval to have my personel beliefs--- I only know them from my first hand "life" experiances.--- others can accept what I say or not thats their right,I only pass on what has happened to me in the past in a attempt to let others who have had "odd" things happen that they are not alone and that there are things that man as of yet doesn't understand but are quite in fact real----- I just know what I know and hold to it.--yes I have often "found" objects often rather rapidly while metal detecting or even while deer hunting in the woods after having a feeling or "hunch" over come me and have felt strongly & oddly drawn to certain places and things and even people at times --- who knows the why & how it happened and what caused it? not me thats for sure--now thrown another log on the fire and tell your " story". Ivan

deeotto

Mar 1, 2007
Ghost or spirits are kind of like treasure. You can't see it but you know there is something out there.

We sure as h*ll don't have this whole life and death thing figured out yet. If there are spirits out there and they need me to discover where they buried there cash, I will willingly talk to any of them.

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Since, I don't believe...I'll just convey the classic tale of "Bloody Mary":

She lived deep in the forest in a tiny cottage and sold herbal remedies for a living. Folks living in the town nearby called her Bloody Mary, and said she was a witch. None dared cross the old crone for fear that their cows would go dry, their food-stores rot away before winter, their children take sick of fever, or any number of terrible things that an angry witch could do to her neighbors.

Then the little girls in the village began to disappear, one by one. No one could find out where they had gone. Grief-stricken families searched the woods, the local buildings, and all the houses and barns, but there was no sign of the missing girls. A few brave souls even went to Bloody Mary's home in the woods to see if the witch had taken the girls, but she denied any knowledge of the disappearances. Still, it was noted that her haggard appearance had changed. She looked younger, more attractive. The neighbors were suspicious, but they could find no proof that the witch had taken their young ones.

Then came the night when the daughter of the miller rose from her bed and walked outside, following an enchanted sound no one else could hear. The miller's wife had a toothache and was sitting up in the kitchen treating the tooth with an herbal remedy when her daughter left the house. She screamed for her husband and followed the girl out of the door. The miller came running in his nightshirt. Together, they tried to restrain the girl, but she kept breaking away from them and heading out of town.

The desperate cries of the miller and his wife woke the neighbors. They came to assist the frantic couple. Suddenly, a sharp-eyed farmer gave a shout and pointed towards a strange light at the edge of the woods. A few townsmen followed him out into the field and saw Bloody Mary standing beside a large oak tree, holding a wand that was pointed towards the miller's house. She was glowing with an unearthly light as she set her evil spell upon the miller's daughter.

The townsmen grabbed their guns and their pitchforks and ran toward the witch. When she heard the commotion, Bloody Mary broke off her spell and fled back into the woods. The far-sighted farmer had loaded his gun with silver bullets in case the witch ever came after his daughter. Now he took aim and shot at her. The bullet hit Bloody Mary in the hip and she fell to the ground. The angry townsmen leapt upon her and carried her back into the field, where they built a huge bonfire and burned her at the stake.

As she burned, Bloody Mary screamed a curse at the villagers. If anyone mentioned her name aloud before a mirror, she would send her spirit to revenge herself upon them for her terrible death. When she was dead, the villagers went to the house in the wood and found the unmarked graves of the little girls the evil witch had murdered. She had used their blood to make her young again.

From that day to this, anyone foolish enough to chant Bloody Mary's name three times before a darkened mirror will summon the vengeful spirit of the witch. It is said that she will tear their bodies to pieces and rip their souls from their mutilated bodies. The souls of these unfortunate ones will burn in torment as Bloody Mary once was burned, and they will be trapped forever in the mirror.

Now who's got those marshmellows?

LOL "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody.....................Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
If you don't believe in the supernatural...then it can't hurt you. That's what I believe. Even Voodoo and JU JU can't harm you if you don't believe it has the power to do so.

I don't believe in the supernatural, so it can't harm me, therefore I am not afraid of it.
I think halloween is cool though (I like pumkin pie with whipped cream) and the stories are fun to listen to.
Bluezman

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
hope the bartender can hear you when you order a drink in a dimly lit bar that has lots of those bar mirrors in it---bar tender says "what do you want" --- you say " bloody mary"
( he yells can't hear you speak up you musics kinda loud) -- so you shout 3 times loudly "bloody mary,bloody mary, bloody mar..." opps---to bad for you--beause after 3 "bloody marys" even the worlds uglist hag will look young and sexy -why there called bloody marys----Ivan

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Ok, you Ghost Whisperers are freakin' me out.

You're right Jeff. It's not ghosts........it's BIGFOOT !!!!!

Is the plural for Bigfoot, Bigfeet ? Or Bigfoots's's's's's'?

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. Treasure hunted today (nothing to speak of).

Ima Swinger

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
anyone who says they don't believe in ghosts, has never seen me bare chested and wearing speedos after a long cold winter. Funny thing is I get the same reaction ghosts would get if you ran face to face into one. ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
My Grandma June was about 14 when her family moved to a very large farmhouse near Elkhart Indiana. They had a family of 11 kids and the house provided them the room they needed. My g-grandfather considered it fortunate that they were able to rent this place cheap. He worked on the road and would only come home about every 6 weeks. Once he had the family settled he was off.G-Grandma put began to make the place a home and her and the kids put in a large garden and fixed up the old barn for cows and chickens.
All of the children slept upstairs ,except the baby who stayed with Ggrandma and Ggrandfather in the downstairs parlor. It had a large fireplace as well as one in the kitchen and dining room.
One night when it was a little cool,grandma made a fire in the parlor,put the baby in the crib and went to bed. In the middle of the night ,she heard rocking noises and sat up in bed. Sitting in the rocker in front of the fireplace was a woman holding a baby in her arms. At first Ggrandma thought that the baby had awaken and one of the older girls had gotten up and was rocking it. GGrandma got out of bed and started to walk toward the rocker. Instantly the lady and baby faded away. GGrandma quickly looked in the crib and there was her own little girl sleeping soundly. She snatched the baby up and ran upstairs to her oldest sons room. David was 17 and he came downstairs and searched the house but found nothing.
GGrandma then had my Grandma June come down to the parlor to sleep with her. Several times over the next few weeks they both would see the lady in the chair rocking the baby.
When Ggrandfather returned, they told him what they had seen. He thought they were making it up, but that same night he saw the same thing. Determined to get to the bottom of it, he took Ggrandmother into town and they asked the local store owner what he knew of their farm. The store owner told them that several years earlier a young couple had lived there when the husband had been killed in an accident .The young mother grieved deeply only to have her own little baby die of influenza a few weeks later. The mother had rocked her baby night after night and when the neighbors came to check on her they found her in the rocking chair rocking her dead baby. She had lost her mind and was sent to the State Hospital only to die with in the year. Several families had moved into the farm but moved out in a hurry.
GGrandma and Grandfather decided that they could live with the rocking ghost and lived there another two years before buying a farm in Michigan. My Grandma June took us to see the farm when I was about 16 but the house had burned down.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
Well I have a couple for you both true. First time i spent the night at a girlfriends place, I woke up in the middle of the night and had a smoke, just relaxing then my hair started to stand on end and felt that I was being watched then it just stopped after a couple of minutes, and felt comfortable after that, one thing though the batheroom window would be found open all the time and it was a bugger to close, this was in the winter in a nasty cold snap.
This one is kind of long and I will not go in to all the details, I had to work out of town removing asbestos, did the job, and my bosses sister took care of business in this area, she lined up another job, we didn't take enough money for the motel for the extra nights. She invited us to stay at here place. we ate supper, then I was taking a shower and the hair on my neck started to stand, I could feel the eyes staring at me. I peeked over the curtain a couple of times, nothing there, well one of the guys grandfather had a heart attack and this lady's mother came to bring him back. she says the house feels better, I thought the place was a little run down and it was fixed up a bit. then the mother says the first time she was there she could not go into the house and turned ill. Well my buddy and the mother leave, the lady then says the house was haunted when she moved in. she had a priest come and bless the house, that didn't work, then had the Indians come and do there thing and it stopped. Now I'm thinking this family is a little nuts, my boss her sister and the mother, i know one time they were talking about reincarnation. Well the lady says nothing about the happenings. we hit the hay, two of us sleeping on the living room floor, another staying in her kids room. i woke up a couple times with some really nasty nightmares, then slept pretty good for a couple hours. then I was woken by a bright light shinning in my eyes. i looked, nothing was there, just the fireplace, rolled over to look down the hall, nothing going on, no movement, rolled on to my back, started to relax, all of the sudden my face and neck started to tingle, the intensity increased and I was being choked, i couldn't say anything my head was pinned to the pillow, then i swung my arm hitting the other guy, he started to stir and the choking stopped. try-ed telling him what happened, he wasn't having any of it and went back to sleep. this was in the late fall on the shore of Lake Superior, quite chilly with the wind ripping out of the north. I thought about sitting in the company van till everyone got up, but the heater hardly worked. i turned on all the lights and waited, she got up and i told her ,your house is not clear of spirits, she says why do you say that[ like she didn't believe me] told her what happened and her eyes got reeeaal big. she said the tingling thing and something sexual happened to her, she didn't elaborate, then she says at times there was a whitish mist. This was enough for me, I'm out of here, not spending a nother night in this place, if i have to hitch hike the 2.5 hours to get home or not, i said he was pissed off. well we did the job and one of the guys and i went back home, the guy on the floor next to me stayed a nother night, they went down to the bar and started asking questions on the house, found out it was built is the 70's, the guy that build it, was at the bar got hammered went home parked in the garage passed out,left the car running, killed him his wife and daughter. when my buddy told me this, i had tears rolling down my cheeks with a shiver running up my spine. she finally moved out a month later when her kids started to wake up screaming, molested! ages 3 and 5. this town is called Silver City and was populated with the Indians before it became a town around the 1850's. Before this i had an open mind but could not call myself a believer, my grandma had died twice before the final time, and knew who people were and what they were doing while she was being resuscitated. which had been my food for thought.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
like I have said most ghost are like most people---nice ,freindly and not harmful even if they do tend to "scare" or "creep you out" a bit----mostly because you don't understand what "they" are and most folks greatly fear death ---its rather scary for them to too see ghost (fear of the unknown & death ---together!!!) most are for the most part harmless---however there are some bad tempered spirits (grouchy folks)---that don't want folks in their house!!! and there practical joker types (pranksters) that move things and then there the evil souls--those that hurt,or assult and torment people or cause them to be ill---these often were wicked people in life and have stayed that way in death--murders,rapists,ect or just plain old demonic spirits of the worst sort.---some are rather sad lonely souls that interact like a person----orther are just a "time warp" they do the samething over and over---battlefield ghosts are often like that---they fight the battle over and over.----the "rocking chair" ghost was comferted in lfe by rocking her child in death she seek the same "comfort" ---often there are sad or tragic stories of this type--where ghost are involed ---for some reason strong feels often seem to be linked to ghost. note when photos of a healthy live human body are made its electrical feild (or aura) that it puts out is stable and even, when a body part is like a arm or leg is badly hurt it often loses it aura around that part, anger caused large flairs in it and putting two people in a close area that do not like each other cause their auras to "fade" back from the other--- and putting two people who love each otherin a close area will cause the aura to flow towards the one another . yes some people really are "attracted" to each other and some are "replused" by others. ever get "bad "vibes" hummm....Ivan

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so busy talking to myself the spooks can't get a word in edge wise! M ::) nty

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
go ahead speak up and add your thoughts on the subject to the board I'm not stopping you,matter of fact I would like to see what you think (on the subject of ghost that is) its one of my favorite topics ---- ;D its your turn. so go ahead :D never mind me while I can and do tend to ramble on at times , its just my nature---if my thoughts on the matter bore you too much >:( ---then just use the "button" and you that way don't have to read them: works everytime :P ---Ivan

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Here is another: :o :o :o
When my Grandma June married, they moved into a tiny house that had been empty for years across the field from My Grandfathers parents. The field had been covered with huge oak trees ,but grandpa and his brothers had spent the summer clearing them out to make way for more planting and a clear view of the house.The family owned huge vegetable fields and would sell to Green Giant and also raised Grapes for Welches. During the day the fields surrounding the farms were filled with workers. My Grandma June would walk over to the Great Grandparents farm to help cook dinner for the family and field hands.
One day my dad who was about 6 months old had been sleeping, and Grandma June decided to just leave him sleep while she went to help with the dinner. Her and my Ggrandmother were peeling potatoes on the front porch when they looked across the field to Grandmas house. A woman was carrying a baby toward the old dry stone well and when she got to the well ,she dropped the baby into it. Both grandmas started screaming and running toward the house. This commotion brought the field workers running as well as the grandpas. Grandma June was screaming hysterically and grandpa was running for a rope to get down into the well. Just then all the commotion woke up my dad who was still sleeping inside and he starting crying. Grandma ran in the house and scooped him up. They had all thought the mysterious woman had dropped my dad into the well.
Afterward one of the neighbors told my grandparents that before my great grandparents had moved there that a lady had killed her baby by dropping it into the well.

The well was filled in that same fall ,but my grandparents were from hardy stock and they lived there for few more years until their house was built.. The property is still owned by my great Uncle who has now teased every kid if they dont behave "they are going in the well".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread