spooks

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
here one a navy inspector told me, he was in the coast guard a short time, some where in the Carolinas, He and a friend moved off base into a old house, probally early 1800's they lived there for a couple months, they found a large portrait of a stern looking old man in the attic, they thought it was cool, part of the history of this house, the painting would not fit through the attic entrance, so they cut open the access and hung it i the livingroom. That night he was awaken to his bed shaking violently, not knowing what was going, on looked around, when a deep voice said "get out of my house". he be lined it out of there and never went back, had his buddy move his stuff out.

The Standard

Nov 9, 2005
White Plains New York
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Elmer Thudd said:
Hello Mr. M.-- Couldn't help but agree with you, to the extent that I once had not been
party to a supernatural event. In my case, I was 12 years old, the phone rang one evening, and instantly I knew (not thought, not afraid that, but knew) someone had died. It was my grandma, as a freak result of a minor fender bender.

eerily similar to what happened to me. was watching TV when I was about 16, the phone is ringing and I instantly new it was very bad news (didn't actually know someone had died) my mother answered it, and it turns out my grandmother had died of a heart attack. happened again a couple of years later, same idea phone is ringing i think to myself, this is really bad news, and a close family friend had died. spooky stuff.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Hey Ivan, I'm just goofin' around with ya. Actually I record Ghost Whisperer every week. And I often wonder about ghosts myself.
I lived in a wood framed home on blocks as a kid, and we heard foot steps at night in our kitchen. This only happened a few time that I can remember. But I can remember those few times as if it were yesterday. Scared the crap out of me.
I guess if they are real, I just don't want to know about it. :o
I put them in the same category with bigfoot.....no one knows if they are real, but they are kind of fun to think about.

Ima
HH

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The dreaded "Heebie Jeebies". I've had two notable events.

I was out bowhunting and got a very early start. I still-hunt (walk slowly on the ground as opposed to blinds or tree stands) and I like to be in place and in the woods well before first light. One morning I just had a odd feeling. The "hairs on the neck & gooseflesh", etc. I was eyeballing carefully and, about 20 feet in front of me and maybe 8 ft off the ground, this fierce pair of evil, yellow eyes glaring at me. I about soiled myself.

Big 'ol horned owl, probably pissed that I messed up his day's breakfast. He stayed around another half hour . . . and by then I was breathing about normal again.

Second was when I was snorkeling in Cayuga Lake. Maybe 30 miles long, 600 ft deep and more in spots. History there goes back to F&I War & long prior. We had anchored and swum to shore, and decided to spend the night. I wanted to make sure the anchor was set, and being already wet, figured I'd dive down and check it. 25 feet, which is as deep as I would normally snorkel but not abnormal. I took a lungful and surface dived, and as I got to where I could see the anchor well the light dropped suddenly and I got the worse case of "dreads" I can ever remember.

Looking back it's possible I passed through a thermocline and the temperature and zooplankton was actually colder, denser and allowing less light, but it sure didn't seem explainable at the time. We ended up moving the boat. Later, relating the story, I was told that a passenger steamer had a boiler explosion and fire and sunk near that spot with loss of life before the turn of the last century. I'm skeptical, but that day I wasn't.

Depending on your religious beliefs it is explainable in that we are genetically predispositioned to be able to subconsciously register a set of staring eyes as a danger signal and react strongly to it. The ones who freaked and got back up in the trees first were the gene pool of future generations. I believe we "feel" as set of eyes on us from visual clues just outsice of conscious observation. Them portrats with the eyes that follow you, for instance. We're hard wired to be bothered by that. I know from bowhunting that you never stare at a deer. Even in full camo they'll see/sense your stare and get antsy.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
"locking down' on or "staring" at a deer can freak them out --- deer are very touchy to say the least & can seem to pick up being "locked onto" by a preditor--- any long time hunter know about it-- don't fixate on the deer---the how and why of it ---who knows? but its so. I hunt quite a bit myself. Ivan

OP
OP
tenbears

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm getting scared,i wouln't be able to sleep tonight!

Attachments

• scared.gif
    scared.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,041

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some Spooks today while searching an old house.

Negative appears to be 3 Generations of Girls.

Attachments

• neg.jpg
    neg.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,019
OP
OP
tenbears

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff i see four theres another face top left :o :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D Here ya Go.
Image from Corner

Attachments

• neg.jpg
    neg.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 961
OP
OP
tenbears

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats cool i think i see two now,yup there side by side. :o Maybe your the one that wouln't be sleepin tonight! ;D

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
I don't see a face top corner, but I do see something standing behind each lady! Look at the picture and you well see a black spot. Thos are the eyes. The only thing I did was inverted the image to bring them out more. You can also see the shape of the head.

Spooky? You tell me.

Tim

Attachments

• spook2.jpg
    spook2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 984

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
By the way, if you were thinking those are shadows of the people standing taking the picture.... Please explain the eyes :o

Tim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to Enhance the Middle one But, Couldn't

Attachments

• indexpoi.jpg
    indexpoi.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 944

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
jeff were did you find the photo at? if you don't mind me asking? because the left most gal looks just like my step mother. Might be some kin of hers. Ivan

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
jeff were did you find the photo at? if you do mind me asking? because the left most gal looks dead on to my step mother. Might be some kin of hers. Ivan

Was found at an old House I was searching today.

The house dates to 1800, So it's had alot of families in it
over the years.

This is what it looked like in "95
It's an Empty Shell now. No windows or Doors.

it's a Very small Town called "Cherry Valley"
In Schuylkill County

Attachments

• JX007013.jpg
    JX007013.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 979

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
I have been hunting around this old farm that is now open to the public as a huge park with trails. Today, I kept getting that feeling that someone was walking up on me as I was MDing near the old family cemetery but I guess it was just the wind.

The first time I ever went out there was in the fall. I was on my knees digging a target near the cemetery when I got that feeling. I lifted my head and turned to the right and got blindsided by a black lab who pinned me down and started licking me. Scared the $hit out of me but it was funny as hell. A lot of people bring their dogs onto this large property to let them run. I had headphones on and never heard it coming but I sure felt it! I don't use headphones when I hunt alone anymore.

I hunted an abandoned farmhouse on Saturday and kept getting that feeling over and over again. I think I am going to start hunting with a partner. Anyone from the central VA area want to go digging?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions