Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
actually when there is no one around to hear except my wife, I will say "ring" to her and when she looks up excitedly towards me I calmly add "pull" to which she says something like "JERK!" but, it is with contained excitement when we share a real find. we do feed off each other's excitement, especially her but we don't like crowds checking out our every move. having said all of that, I can kinda see after digging a couple hundred pull tabs, can slaw, erasers etc for some people to get a little excited about actually finding something good

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually when there is no one around to hear except my wife, I will say "ring" to her and when she looks up excitedly towards me I calmly add "pull" to which she says something like "JERK!" but, it is with contained excitement when we share a real find. we do feed off each other's excitement, especially her but we don't like crowds checking out our every move. having said all of that, I can kinda see after digging a couple hundred pull tabs, can slaw, erasers etc for some people to get a little excited about actually finding something good

Ahhh you just made me remember...
I do say words out loud when I find certain things...
LIKE PULLTABS !... and bottlecaps...
BUT...
I do not start saying words...
Till after about the 15th + pulltab...
I start saying words out loud...
they sound something like this...
%$^$ ...
And I choose a different word like...
##%@...
OR
*&(%^ ...
and each word is a different "nickname" for each find. :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I must say they have some serious access to interesting places.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say they have some serious access to interesting places.

The downside they have an Archie there
And 9 out of 10 hunts they give up the best finds.

looks good on TV but not in my own beliefs

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show, I think it is funny, I would hunt with those two guys anytime (minus the camera's).as for the places they hunt I would bet the producers pay a grip of money to get access to those places. Good for them!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The downside they have an Archie there
And 9 out of 10 hunts they give up the best finds.

looks good on TV but not in my own beliefs

Of course they give up the finds. They are being allowed to hunt places NONE of us would ever be allowed on. they get to hunt because they are part of a TV show and because they donate everything to the owners of the places they hunt.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not watch there show now for over 2 years and if they never put another show on that would suit me just fine ..

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they not trying to attract us...too few of us.they have been exactly like that when they were just youtube dudes(anaconda treasure)they were hawking their own videos trying to make a living at detecting....they,unlike me,have actually pulled it off.My hat is duly tipped to those guys whether I enjoy the antics or not.And they were garrett boys from day one...long before some producer approached them

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do like those guys
the running and jumping is overdone, but I do like how they now say don't dig without permission and tell that they don't get to keep the finds.
heck I would give the finds up to dig certain areas

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I yell on occasion.
But not anything like they do.
I'll give a quick Sharp Loud "Hey !" or use the friends first name instead of Hey
If I am close enough to get their attention.
Otherwise I'll Wait or Walk over to them,
if it is too good to wait :laughing7:

Yes after 50 years detecting, I still get excited at times :thumbsup:

now now Jeff, you know the only time you yell nowadays is when you have a successful ummm movement..

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked most of the shows for the locations, but like everyone else, their response to finds is embarrassing. I can take the bad with the good though. Bottom line is that they both seem to be just like the rest of us as far as the love of the hobby. They just got lucky and got sponsored by National Geographic TV. Like all reality TV, if it were just the story line it would be very boring and would not draw a repeat audience. They have to have some gimmick to keep people watching. Most reality shows have faked drama, this one just has over the top exuberance.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I were on it people would watch to try to catch the subtle humor

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had heard they were cancelled - also heard there may be a few new shows coming out - a friend of mine is filming this week for one - whether it will be picked up - that s another story

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the jumping around is agreed by all - is ridiculous
but I watched one of the re-runs today and just got sick of the "this could definitely be pirate silver or gold" and then its crap and then the other guy says this could be a pirates gun and its crap - they find 1800 flat buttons and say they are 1700 or older ones and go beserk of mercury dimes - they miss diagnose finds all the time - I find more rings in one year than the "Ringmaster" has probably found in his life and have way more KG coppers than "KG" does - (Ive found over 40 and know there are guys that find that in a year) and there are plenty of guys way better than me out there - these guys dont deserve a show - there are many on the TNET that do

I liked most of the shows for the locations, but like everyone else, their response to finds is embarrassing. I can take the bad with the good though. Bottom line is that they both seem to be just like the rest of us as far as the love of the hobby. They just got lucky and got sponsored by National Geographic TV. Like all reality TV, if it were just the story line it would be very boring and would not draw a repeat audience. They have to have some gimmick to keep people watching. Most reality shows have faked drama, this one just has over the top exuberance.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they should do a new show...
Naked and not afraid metal detecting.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aarc,
I posted this couple months ago on same subject...maybe add your twist to it..
I'm over the shows as they exist...I'm waiting for the perfect detecting show..something like this;

"1)the bathing suit beauty waves the start flag and they are off!!!!25 detectorists on quads 20 miles from hunt zone.
2)3 hits from the hidden paintball snipers and your out
3)at the hunt site you may have to defend your ground...mma style..tap out and your gone
4)zinclon=2 shots of sponsers whiskey...can slaw=1 shot...served by scantily clad babes.
5)after the two hour hunt survivors must race back to start point..this time in class 8 super trucks
6)at the"finds"party and competition the ultimate winner gets to go on a hunt anywhere,worldwide of choice.But must first get a tatoo live on camera and cant whine.

now this one I would watch"

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Survivor MDrs...
They are dropped off on an island with nothing besides metal detectors...
Prior to drop off all items for "surviving" IE: Knives, Fish hooks, fishing poles, etc., Are hidden throughout island.

Must find to survive... barter between "tribes" etc.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Some time ago, I emailed the "diggers" and asked for an autograph photo for my young daughter. They not only signed many things, but sent a personal message (class act) to my daughter about her cannon ball find. To my daughter this was important, since she also hunts with daddy using an ACE 250. I do enjoy seeing their interesting finds.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread