Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the jumping around is agreed by all - is ridiculous
but I watched one of the re-runs today and just got sick of the "this could definitely be pirate silver or gold" and then its crap and then the other guy says this could be a pirates gun and its crap - they find 1800 flat buttons and say they are 1700 or older ones and go beserk of mercury dimes - they miss diagnose finds all the time - I find more rings in one year than the "Ringmaster" has probably found in his life and have way more KG coppers than "KG" does - (Ive found over 40 and know there are guys that find that in a year) and there are plenty of guys way better than me out there - these guys dont deserve a show - there are many on the TNET that do
No one seems to understand that the show is popular because they make NORMAL finds and are normal guys, not professionals...most people can relate to that and wouldn't be as interested in watching you pull out more rings on one show than the average guy finds in a lifetime...I think three seasons and possibly a fourth shows that they do deserve a show...they are obviously doing something right...there aren't many shows that people say they hate and cant stand, yet they continue to watch...I love the show...I detect with friends and we joke and have a blast...I wouldn't tell someone how they should act when they detect and I don't think they should tell me...do whats right for you.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one seems to understand that the show is popular because they make NORMAL finds...most detectorist can relate to that and wouldn't be as interested in watching you pull out more rings on one show than the average guy finds in a lifetime...I think three seasons and possibly a fourth shows that they do deserve a show...they are obviously doing something right...there aren't many shows that people say they hate and cant stand, yet they continue to watch...I love the show.

I agree. I do like the fact that they tell about the history of the place and seem less tied into how rich they are going to get. I enjoy the show, just wished it didn't go by so quickly.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get far more enjoyment out of the post on T Net. Maybe it's just me!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that the show is too short. I also agree that everyone acts differently when they come across a great find and they are allowed to act how they want to, after all, it is America. If I ever found something really great I may let out a yell. I never miss a show as it gets me fired up to get out there. What cracks me up is the folks who say that they hate the show can tell you everything about each episode! Keep the shows coming!!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that the show is too short. I also agree that everyone acts differently when they come across a great find and they are allowed to act how they want to, after all, it is America. If I ever found something really great I may let out a yell. I never miss a show as it gets me fired up to get out there. What cracks me up is the folks who say that they hate the show can tell you everything about each episode! Keep the shows coming!!

So you used to pack the parachutes that I jumped with, lol?

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know one of the Diggers personally and they are great guys. They do lot for our small community and work in the school system talking to the young kids about metal detecting. These guys gave up good paying jobs to do something they loved as a hobby and try to making a living getting paid for it. The only problem I would even remotely have with the Diggers is I'm sure they have detected my and their home town to death. Detecting here locally is tough with not much left but clad. I would love to be able to make a living detecting and if it meant acting up for the sake of the show even I could act up some. Once and awhile they even plant their tokens around the area for us local metal detectors to find seeing as they have pretty much got all the old stuff. They have been metal detecting a long time here before doing the Digger show.

Last edited:

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know one of the Diggers personally and they are great guys. They do lot for our small community and work in the school system talking to the young kids about metal detecting. These guys gave up good paying jobs to do something they loved as a hobby and try to making a living getting paid for it. The only problem I would even remotely have with the Diggers is I'm sure they have detected my and their home town to death. Detecting here locally is tough with not much left but clad. I would love to be able to make a living detecting and if it meant acting up for the sake of the show even I could act up some. Once and awhile they even plant their tokens around the area for us local metal detectors to find seeing as they have pretty much got all the old stuff. They have been metal detecting a long time here before doing the Digger show.

It's good to hear something positive. I don't for one bit think the show puts a negative image into a non detectors mind. I think that's something just a detector could come up with. What's the difference of a football player celebrating a touchdown with a crazy dance? It does not give football players a bad name.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to hear something positive. I don't for one bit think the show puts a negative image into a non detectors mind. I think that's something just a detector could come up with. What's the difference of a football player celebrating a touchdown with a crazy dance? It does not give football players a bad name.

I already think football Players are (I won't use the word here), and they do have a bad name in my Mind. I think oj was a football player, wasn't he ? Sandusky was involved
with football players :(

But the rest of your post I agree with

Last edited:

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already think football Players are (I won't use the word here), and they do have a bad name in my Mind.

But the rest of your post I agree with

Well yeah, there are numerous other things that give them bad names. Bad example I guess.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you used to pack the parachutes that I jumped with, lol?

Holy Smoke! Actually I was a Rigger on a C-130 flight crew and one of my jobs was to pack chutes! I must have done a good job as you are still with us!
Rich

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I heard some background chatter that said they got 2K per show, I can't say it's true or false. But it's kind of like bad karaoke I kind of get embarrassed just listing to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread