MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm,

Well I think I am sold on the MXT the dealer tells me it has less programmability but better newer technology. The newer technology makes it a better detector i guess is what he was saying. Has anyone first hand found silver coins with the MXT?

XLT has lots of programing and is still a good detector as I said the newer technology Makes the MXT seem better. Between the two sounds like the MXT is a more plug and play machine but has all the advantages and technology as the XLT but a little less personal touch ability. I would like everyones opinions on this please...

Keep @ it and HH!!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Do you do alot of relic hunting??? If not you should go with the M6, pretty much the same as the MXT, with no relic mode, and has tone ID also.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i just replied to your other thread on this, but i will add that if it were my choice, i would go for the XLT. but i am comfortable with a lot of the technical mumbo jumbo that throws a lot of other guys off. if you are the kind of guy that hates programming your VCR and has trouble hooking up your cable TV, get the MXT. ;) you cant go wrong with either really.

jeffinflint

Feb 10, 2007
Something I have noticed about metal detecting, and I have known quite a few people in the hobby.
When many first get into the hobby, they frequently buy a cheap detector, then they are hooked. Let’s face it, it is a wonderful hobby, and it’s cheaper and more relaxing than golf. After they are hooked on the bobby, they frequently jump right up to the top-of-the-line detectors, such as the DFX or Explorer, that is if they have the means to do so. Some jump right in the hobby with the DFX or Explorer or other high-end detector, if they have the means. Then, after a few summers and collecting mountains of clad, they frequently decide that the goal is jewelry. This requires lower discrimination and digging lots of trash. However, a nice ring, or other piece of jewelry, can be worth more than a mountain of clads. When coin hunting, many will find silver rings, but small gold is different animal. That’s where the higher frequency MXT shines, it’s hot on small gold. That is probably why so many in the hobby that have been doing it a long time use an MXT. The MXT with the 6X10 DD Whites coil is the Rolls Royce of Metal Detecting. However, if you mainly coins (clads and some silver), go with the XLT, it’s a coin killer.

Good Luck, Jeff in Flint, MI.

smudger

Apr 9, 2007
uk
Detector(s) used
dfx.10x6dd coil
The xlt as found me lots of silver coins( here in ireland ).The only problem is, you're stuck with a small choice of coils.The mxt as a big following too and people swear its the better machine when using either the 10x06 dd or the 14x8 dd coils.Which ever you get you'll be happy.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh... This is getting a much better response than my other post thank you all so much. Seems more and more likely I will go with the MXT. I don't mind upgrades cause my friends and family can use the previous models as I use my newer one. I am one of those people that will end up with Five (5) different detectors. I am sure in the next 3 years I will get an Explore or something, LOL.

Well thanks again all,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• digdeep.jpg
    digdeep.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 121
  • digdeep.jpg
    digdeep.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 120

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread