E-Trac Resale Value

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is not mint, got a couple of scuffs on the face (digger divits). Works like new, also have 6x8 coil with lower shaft and a 10x15 coil. approx. $400 for both coils and one extra shaft new. Do you think 1000/1100 is reasonable for the whole package?

I think I paid $68 for the extra lower shaft. And I picked up an X-5 off eBay for $150. I got a very good deal on the E-Trac, around $1200 new at the time, where retail I think was $1500.

I love the machine, the accuracy, depth, and intelligence. I could have continued using my 30 year old Fisher 1260X, great dependable and durable machine. But, I wanted that "intelligence" swinging in front of me.

But then for over a year the CTX was haunting me, just kept calling to me, so one popped up with a great deal from a Tnet user, and I bought it. So, now I have the CTX, E-Trac, and my trusty 1260X. Can't use but one at a time.

So, would I sell the E-Trac, shaft & coils? Absolutely NOT for $1100. Actually wouldn't sell it at a total refund of my expenses.

The CTX is the 10th detector I've owned, I just need to use it more instead of the E-Trac.

I guess my meandering post here means that selling price of an E-Trac = proof is in the pudding. List higher than what you'll actually take and work from there. It all depends on just how seriously a potential buyer might want the detector...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what I paid for my ctx and Etrac and what I sold them for. Both with 2 years warranty remaining. You can find all kinds of examples of various prices and people over valuing a 3-4 year old machine without any warranty left. Just saying if a person is looking to buy Etrac don't pay $900 for one without any warranty or your cutting yourself short. I sold the ctx, all 3 coils, extra lower rod, extra coil wear kit, pro-swing and carry case for $1700. Could I have haggled around and pieced it out to get more, probably so, but not worth the hassle sometimes.

Fletch, at $1550 new if it doesn't break down in 3 years you could have saved yourself $650 by buying a good used one, that is some serious money saved.....

If it breaks down you have the $650 you saved buying it to cover the repairs.

I have bought the following used, no warranty and saved well over $4000 buying used. My total repair costs for all of them is about $600, had to replace oscillator on one excal, fix a coil I broke dropping it on concrete and repair one broken wire in a headphone....

I have saved over $3500 after deducting the repair bills........

Bought Used

Minelabs
3 Excals (sold the one I paid $800 for when I found one at $475, Still own 2)

Sov GT (Waterproofed - sold)
Safari ( sold to fund my ETrac)
Etrac (Still own)

Whites XLPro (sold)
Whites Classic ID (sold)

Tesoro Conquistador. (sold)
Troy X2 (sold)

Fisher 1235 (Still own)

I just bought a used Tesoro Sand Shark with 8" coil and the 18" clean sweep coil but haven't taken possession yet.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. That logic makes perfect sense!! I think $1100 is absolutely fair with 3 coils and 2 lower shafts, the machine is in "used" condition but works just as it did first out of the box! My name and reputation is at stake here (if I sell) and I would never lie or try to take advantage of someone. My Mom and Dad didn't raise me that way!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. That logic makes perfect sense!! I think $1100 is absolutely fair with 3 coils and 2 lower shafts, the machine is in "used" condition but works just as it did first out of the box! My name and reputation is at stake here (if I sell) and I would never lie or try to take advantage of someone. My Mom and Dad didn't raise me that way!
Just so you know, if you sell it here your required to be a charter member.

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you know, if you sell it here your required to be a charter member.

I did not know that. What are the parameters to be a "Charter" member? Obviously other than the Moderators, I thought your status incremented per, time (seniority) as a member and # of posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread