pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well most know that Minelab's service is not the best around..

Well I'll just say that I sent in the CTX with a couple of problems back in 3 week of Feb., bought the machine 6/12 they had it for 4 days shipped out again and totally no charge to me, can't beat that for service. To top it off always kept me informed until it was sitting in my postal station, did regular emails telling me what was up. So unless I just hit on be nice to a Canuck Day I'd say that the service is pretty darn top notch.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You mean to tell me my CTX 3030 is the cheap detuned version! :laughing7:

No, mine was dead, missing a segment from the screen. I'll see the report when we pick it up, maybe they have thrown the 7000 guts into the machine for the extra digging workout!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see how someone used to coinshooting in parks and schoolyards might think that kind of money is astronomical, but people hunting for gold understand that success in nugget hunting doesn't come cheap. The hardest part of nugget hunting is putting your coil over a nugget, but if that nugget is too deep or to small to be recognized by your machine then being on the right spot doesn't make a difference. Minelab just keeps pushing the detecting technology envelope. If the people that make their living hunting gold thought that Minelab was crazy with their pricing, then they would have NEVER sold a Pulse Induction Machine. Fact is that cutting edge ain't cheap, but if it works, there is a market for it.

Mike

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I looked they were like 5-6 thousand. Anyway with all these new laws. Who needs one? Can't metal detect in mass. Ha Ha With these new laws. Sound like minelb is getting the upper hand and raising prices sky hi b-4 they lose the public. That Can't be right. If it is. It better fly me to all the hot spots. I love minelab and have tried whites,fisher and a could others. Minelab hikes the price on every new big detector that they say has new stuff on it. I never noticed the difference myself. Most of these newer extras aren't worth the extra money. Most all Minelab detectors are built very well,I must say and are deep. The came up with their first machine that handled black sand static when the gp3500 and gp 4000 came out. That was worth the extra money. No black sand static and they were quite . I've had the sd2200,gp 3500 gp4000 and gp 4500. Each one they ravied about how much better the newer one was. But the only one I thought was worth raising the price on was when they handled the black sand. Each one of these detectors above would dig a hair pin at Three FEET deep at the ocean beach. And they say dig everthing!!! Better hope it's a good target. How deep do you want to dig? If any deeper than that. Then they must own a back hoe and can afford the big money detector. Ha Ha and talk about small objects. Real sensitive!! Thats my two cents.

chuckciao

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2010
I purchased a CTX 3030 when it first came out and have been very satisfied with its performance, but i have lost respect for Minelab as a company because the CTX was touted as a fully upgradable detector, but after three years on the market, only two upgrades were introduced, and these came out almost immediately after its introduction, nothing since, in spite of the cries of thousands of upgrade recommendations from their loyal customers.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you live in the woods and visit your home. Ha Ha I'm trying to be more like you. Enjoy everything the outdoors has to offer and come home to pay the bills. The gp 4500 will dig very small objects like a hair pin thats 3 ft deep. Thats alot of digging. Minelab makes a nice detector. Heavy duty parts and deep. But all these add on's. You did it or you don't dig it. And for that money. They need to do something with weight. I'm sure glade my deus is super light, wireless,compact and deep. Great for land use. The salt beaches are a different story. Each big money machine, Minelab adds $500 plus. For what? The only add on that i thought was worth it was the black sand feature on the Gp4500. The gp 3500 was nosie in black sand and the gp 4500 fixed that problem. Owned sd2200 up to gp 4500. No stadic in black sand. I'm getting to old to be carrying and balancing a heavy detector,never mine digging deep holes and long walks thru brush. I want to enjoy everything else around me also. Thanks for your service. Missed draft but inlisted.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked at a air veiw of the area yet? I use my air veiw page every day b4 I hunt. You never know. The trail could have side areas or started out in one direction and moved. Who knows. Good luck. Wish I had a big area where no one would bother me. Just enjoy life.

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Minetrash come with a reach around !! That is just to Fkin HIGH !!!

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an Electronics Tech with lots of experience repairing metal detectors and I am not impressed with Mine Trash products they are overrated !!!! And overpriced !!!

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A price of $12k isn't very high for a professional tool. I have more than ten metal detectors at work that we use to look for unexploded ordnance (UXO), landmines, and improvised explosive devices (IED) that start at $30k and go up rapidly in price from there. All of these metal detectors are then connected to an RTK GPS that starts at $45k and can go up to $100k to provide real-time sub centimeter accuracy. Most of these system generate real time maps of the data on the screen and the more expensive ones can perform real time detection and discrimination of the target. The goal of professional instruments is to detect all targets in the ground, then to allow discrimination so that we only dig the targets that are important. The biggest advance in the last 15 years is full tensor instruments. This means that there are three orthogonal transmit coils to illuminate the target in all possible orientations and then arrays of three component receiver coils to measure the response of each Tx pulse in all possible orientations. With these systems it has need demonstrated to detect and discriminate 100% of the targets in the ground to a depth of 2m at several sites.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPZ 7000 detector is designed for use in the gold fields, those that buy it have the money to do so and will do so to reach deeper in the ground to get nuggets out of reach of other detectors that have passed over them already....They will get their money back out of the detector

Price is $9999.00 not $12,500 too

Last edited:

pzpins300

Jul 29, 2008
$12,000 are you kidding, I thought my White was expensive at $680.00 this one should come with an ounce of gold and someone to swing it for you.

pzpins300

Jul 29, 2008
For that kind of work, its understandable, but then the government pays $4,000.00 for a hammer. When your keeping our troops safe, you can't put a price on equipment. With that said, for recreational use, $12,000 is way to much. My detector goes 250 feet underwater, is great for finding good if not great stuff. If you can afford that kind of thing, God Bless you for being successful in life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions