The $12,500 Metal Detector

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Well heck el padron, give us an unboxing video and a test report. It may be very well worth it.

I'm anxious to hear your report.

l[/QUOTE

Im pretty careful about what I buy, and I'm still not satisfied.
One thing is certain. The vast majority of posters will continue to chime in to try and justify the cheap under built overpriced garbage that they have spent thousands of dollars on.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Well heck el padron, give us an unboxing video and a test report. It may be very well worth it.

I'm anxious to hear your report.

l[/QUOTE

Im pretty careful about what I buy, and I'm still not satisfied.
One thing is certain. The vast majority of posters will continue to chime in to try and justify the cheap under built overpriced garbage that they have spent thousands of dollars on.

LOL, Hence the $12,500 price tag, on the above-mentioned CTX 3030 with the switched out coil and "advanced" electronics. (incidentally, does anyone actually know what the differences is)
Essentially there may not be any except for the $10,000 mark up.

They figured they priced the first ones too low, and according to opinions expressed on sites such as this one, they did.

Edit: They have been following my closed threads closely, and finally have fabricated a collapsible stock. They have decided to only charge $10,000 for it.... LOL

Last edited:

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, the proof is in the finds. Lets see what these things can find. I now have found 2 Massachusetts silver pence coins and now over 70 pieces of Spanish colonial silvers, hundreds and hundreds of colonial coppers and thousands of buttons all found with metal detectors costing as little as 6% of that remarkable, eye popping, retail price. But no gold save a few rings. lol

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the proof is in the finds. Lets see what these things can find. I now have found 2 Massachusetts silver pence coins and now over 70 pieces of Spanish colonial silvers, hundreds and hundreds of colonial coppers and thousands of buttons all found with metal detectors costing as little as 6% of that remarkable, eye popping, retail price. But no gold save a few rings. lol

Here we go... So if they spent an additional $15 modifying the old model does the additional marginal utility, (if there is any at all, it would be very difficult to prove) justify the $12,500 price tag?

Has anybody done a Chinese knockoff versus a mine lab CTX comparison yet?,
I have heard interesting things

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Here we go... So if they spent an additional $15 modifying the old model does the additional marginal utility, (if there is any at all, it would be very difficult to prove) justify the $12,500 price tag?

You know that would be good to see..

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I dont know. I cant justify $3000 for a detector let alone $12,500. lol

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dilithium Crystal power source, krypton infused power coil seach mode, lightning flashing thunder crashing dynamite machine. Nope.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have a problem dealing with it at all because I'll never buy one.
luvsdux

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it needs a generator to charge it's own batteries ttoo.

If I won the lottery (or was wicked loaded) I would quit my job and still detect every day. HOWEVER, I would have a butler following me around serving me drinks with umbrellas.

naa French Maid :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand a place in the niche detector market for high priced equipment, and can respect it, but it is not for me. I drive an old rusted Ford PU, and do my THing with what most consider electronic junk, just not into the high prices or advanced tech. Starting to love my old resurrected BFO more every time I use it. Cheers!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand a place in the niche detector market for high priced equipment, and can respect it, but it is not for me. I drive an old rusted Ford PU, and do my THing with what most consider electronic junk, just not into the high prices or advanced tech. Starting to love my old resurrected BFO more every time I use it. Cheers!!

good point.
maybe they made them for sales to reality show producers and boom babies who
can dig a hole everywhere and find treasure :laughing7:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one enjoy knowing it's there if I choose to purchase it. I can appreciate Minelab releasing all these new detectors and technology. I finally got fed up with Whites and their "soon to be released" machines. Can you justify the price? Don't know as I can't afford one and will not own one in the near future. I do know however that if you check Ebay you will find dozens of GPX detectors for sale, in hopes of taking some of the sting off the purchase price of the GPZ. From what I understand it's totally new technology no one has seen before. We will see.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dilithium Crystal power source, krypton infused power coil seach mode, lightning flashing thunder crashing dynamite machine. Nope.
Sounds like the USS Enterprise....beam me up Scotty.:laughing7:

Attachments

• imagesZ4RZQWDW.jpg
    imagesZ4RZQWDW.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 318

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The $12,500 price is the US government's price, the regular price is $2,500.

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not familiar with its press clippings but I can see a niche' in the rental market if it is that superior.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions