POSSABLE CACHE!!! I Found a 75 Year Old Unopened Box Underneath a Childs Bedframe!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I'm sure Charlie meant try it .... This meaning that what the nails are pounded into might itself shift out from an engineered slot. Sorry Charlie if I'm wrong.

I never thought about that that would absolutely be a perfect design so if that is the design it would work perfectly

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A cotton ball attached to the end of a stick; soak it with gorilla glue and touch it to the box for about 30 seconds.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A cotton ball attached to the end of a stick; soak it with gorilla glue and touch it to the box for about 30 seconds.

1st opinion... gorilla glue SUCKS. It's made to be applied and then clamped... it's NOT super glue. No disrespect mrwilburino meant at all.

2nd opinion... Don't put glue on an object that may be of value later.... just guessing though...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never thought about that that would absolutely be a perfect design so if that is the design it would work perfectly

If Charlie is right.... IF!!!!!! It might be hard to do after all these years. And look for a "loose" fitting nail(s) to remove meant to keep it in place also (maybe some other item also). There were some really smart folks LONG before us!!!

Signed... an idiot in Tennessee.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very patient....That's a good thing! I've gotten into trouble my whole life for just ripping things apart!:laughing7: I never learned and still do it all the time! I would have the top ripped off by now.

A shop vac and a little smaller pipe attached or taped sealed to the hose would work. It would take some playing around but it will lift it out of there if you can get on it right. For the smaller stuff put a thin sock over the end. It will keep it from being sucked up the hose. Or clean the shop vac out ahead of time and suck it all up the hose and dig it out of the shop vac later. I didn't read the whole thread, maybe someone has already mentioned this.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A shop vac and a little smaller pipe attached or taped sealed to the hose would work. It would take some playing around but it will lift it out of there if you can get on it right. For the smaller stuff put a thin sock over the end. It will keep it from being sucked up the hose.

Like a piece of nylon stocking duck taped around hose. (I'm fresh out... sorry). Used the last of mine holding catfish bait on a treble hook (works great).

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Guys I have just heard from the family here is how it is gonna go down if I can get it to any of the 3 holes they will drill and expand the hole to make my arm able to reach it so I can grab it so basically if I can move the box 3 ft and get it to a hole the hardest part will be takin care of AND I CAN KEEP ALL OF THE TREASURE!!! I did not even have to ask they are the best family u could ever have!!
Signed Jolteon future holder ofhis 2nd cache

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome family...now go and get your booty and don't keep it a secret from your tnet friends:thumbsup:

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
That is one awesome family...now go and get your booty and don't keep it a secret from your tnet friends:thumbsup:

No if it's nothing or a priceless coin I'll tell u guys going out Saturday I'll tell u Saturday night and the video will be ready for Sunday

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
My life long dream and my final wish on my deathbed is to find a possible cache. LMFAO

I think that is one on everyone's to do list lol but I was very very fortunate to find a cache at age 10 3 years ago now I have another opportunity so I am very excited and its still the same property lol

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck jolteon! I hope you hit paydirt! :coins::gold-bracelet::3barsgold:

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Could we maybe just see a PICTURE of what it is once you get it out ? Watching 6 minutes of you trying to pick up a pen with a grabber tool made my eyes bleed.... No offense.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Could we maybe just see a PICTURE of what it is once you get it out ? Watching 6 minutes of you trying to pick up a pen with a grabber tool made my eyes bleed.... No offense.

Wow I take offense wow I'll give a pic ok I just thought a video would be a tiny bit more exciting ok but I will have pictures ok now u have always made me feel like my videos are garbage and a waste of time ok but maybe just maybe treasure hunting is more fun with VIDEOS and PICTURES ok but wow haven't spoke to u in a few months and it's great to know u miss me lol but seriously a nice find or good luck for tomorrow would have been nice ok goodbye nh bandit signed me

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget to at least try moving the top if a hidden slot is present hiding itself... Brad

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Don't forget to at least try moving the top if a hidden slot is present hiding itself... Brad
Yeah I'll defiantly look at that I mean I only pulled up lol so yeah I'll look into it tommarow

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I was 13 years old. That's when I got the treasure bug and even the most mundane things I dug was something special to me. Be prepared Jolteon, it is a lifelong addiction with many good surprises and just as many disappointments. Keep the attitude of Mel Fisher "Today's the day" and you will succeed one cache at a time....vn

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it was mostly used as a kids room I would venture to say a collection of things that they would have thought valuable. What suspense!
Maybe not.It is possible a kid could have took a box of jewelry or a small coin collection from there parents room and hid it.i know this because I was a brat:laughing7:I hope there is something nice in that box Jolteon.Just be careful you don't fish out a Gremlin

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread