SO !!! Is it warm enough where you live to get out yet ? Has your spring "sprung" ?

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Well,,,
FINALLY the snow is gone and the ground is softening up a bit.
Took the Fisher out for a try and got a few tones,,, tried to dig,,, STILL FROZEN SOLID.

Another week will definitely improve that issue.

Hit
Its pretty much the same here. Im just a hop, skip, and a jump from you. Lake Raystown. I thought I would hunt today even with temps in the high 30's. But the 45 mph gusts are changing my mind.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell no! 28 and still a bunch of snow. Maybe 2 weeks. I'm trying to be optimistic

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a list of new sites I've researched this winter that would last me years. Had to prioritize them. Starting with 1614 working my way up. Where the hells my Mass silver anyway? I intend to find out my friends

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL... hey Ahab...
I still haven't forgot about ya for "northport". :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good buddy. I'll be on standby lol

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp... just got back from my first "dip"... not to "rub it in".

Salt felt good... twas chilly for me... but I am a wuss when it comes to cold...
First day I have had shirt off... and first day in water... when I came out I had to stand in sun... or would have been real cold... The sun felt good.
Gonna be a hot summer ... get ready for that now... make sure whilest you have this last bit of "idle" tim to do your spring stuff now...
so as to not "cut in" to your time later.

BTW... Was not on boat today... just went down to swing the ole X2 and catch some rays at one of my fav "watering holes"...
I found foil... and a dime...and half a pill tab.
I have cleaned that spot
heh
anyway... I took the shirt off and looked at my girl and said... "how about a quick swim" ?
I swam... she went up to almost butt...
she would not go anymore... heh

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell no! 28 and still a bunch of snow. Maybe 2 weeks. I'm trying to be optimistic

Don't you just love New England??? 31 here with 1.5 feet on the ground and it is snowing at this second.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you just love New England??? 31 here with 1.5 feet on the ground and it is snowing at this second.

I love New England when sinking my dirty paws into some colonial dirt pulling out incredible items that haven't seen th light of day for 250+ years. I hate NE when I'm freezing my ass off and the ground is frozen. It won't be long my friend.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I love New England when sinking my dirty paws into some colonial dirt pulling out incredible items that haven't seen th light of day for 250+ years. I hate NE when I'm freezing my ass off and the ground is frozen. It won't be long my friend.

AMEN!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just checked my journal and my last hunt was Jan 3. It feels like I haven't hunted for 6 months. Can't believe its only been 2 1/2. Those 17th century treasures are getting pushed up by the frost as we speak. It's going to be a fun year. I have a good feeling

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's been unbearable hear in SoCal. In the 80's and low 90's at the Beaches. FINALLY, some crowds at the beach.
It has been a long winter (but warm). The beaches have been desolate.:laughing7:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER forgot to mention the several ton icebergs beached on the shorelines...ya still a little to frozen to dig here yet, but we can dream!

I'm having a hard time with the fact that it's warmer in Colorado than here!
or Nebraska

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked my journal and my last hunt was Jan 3. It feels like I haven't hunted for 6 months. Can't believe its only been 2 1/2. Those 17th century treasures are getting pushed up by the frost as we speak. It's going to be a fun year. I have a good feeling
. Last time I went out was jan 9th. You're right, that seems a lot longer than that. I have about 1-2 feet left in spots so I'm shooting for the first week of April ⁉️

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
91 degrees at this minute in South Central Nebraska! normal is upper 40's lower 50's.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
91 degrees at this minute in South Central Nebraska! normal is upper 40's lower 50's.

Sheesh Papa... you went from "too cold to dig" to "too hot to dig"....

Almost same thing here...

What happened to "perfect digging weather" ? heh

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to the past 5 winters, this one was not bad.
Each detecting outing, ground was easily penetrated with a Lesche. Although once, the top 2" was tuff (-14).
Today is 73! Yup 73.
Winter is in my rearview...
Good luck to all this year.
Peace ✌

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd like a few days of that! I bet the snow would disappear real quick

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with TommyB! It's been 85-90 degrees in here in SoCal but dropped some today. Wow! We've had 2 days of winter here! We really need some rain!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring officially begins in 2 days I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread