SO !!! Is it warm enough where you live to get out yet ? Has your spring "sprung" ?

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally in the 50's and raining like mad. Snow is gone in the lowlands. Still snow on the mountans above about 2000 feet. Flooding a big concern now. Getting really itchy! Pittsburgh PA area.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ARRC; How are you ?? Not yet but it is starting to warm up now. Temps keep going up and down from the teens in the mornings to 35F - 40F in the afternoon. we can actually see the ground now in spots. It has been one BRUTAL Winter here in Boston. Another month. Then by May we will be able to go detecting again. The ground is like cement. Even the beaches are undigable. You can't even get on the beaches in many areas. They are still buried in MOUNDS of snow. Crazy. Anyways, take care. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's warm enough here in N.C. for the snakes! They are starting to come out now, so hunting the woods will soon come to an end for me this season. It's 65 deg. right now with rain

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a couple feet of snow here, 20-25 degrees at nite and 30-40 degree daytime highs---big worry in this area is ice jams on the rivers that create flooding--ready to start diggin soon--i hope---hh

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80 tomorrow in eastern Colorado....my wife, kids and I will definitely be out.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was up in the mid 40's for a couple of days now closer to the freezing point again. Still 1-2ft of snow so it's a ways off yet before one digs around here.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 60 here and the ground is diggable at least a few inches down. This is a rarity here in Minnesota in March. Some years it doesn't happen until late April, and in 2013, it was the 2nd week in May before we saw bare ground. It doesn't necessarily mean winter is over, we can get fierce snowstorms in March or April, but I am trying to squeeze in every minute of hunting I can get before it happens.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have not seen snow for two weeks here in Nebraska and 4 days in the 70's thawed the ground out completely/

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Glad to hear the beginning of a season is in sight for some of you

Here on Atlantic Canada we still have many feet of snow and ice with daily freezing temps persisting.....oh did I mention the two feet of snow forecasted for tonight !

It will be a while yet (sigh)

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear the beginning of a season is in sight for some of you

Here on Atlantic Canada we still have many feet of snow and ice with daily freezing temps persisting.....oh did I mention the two feet of snow forecasted for tonight !

It will be a while yet (sigh)
Hey, no blackflies!:leprechaun-hat:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER forgot to mention the several ton icebergs beached on the shorelines...ya still a little to frozen to dig here yet, but we can dream!

I'm having a hard time with the fact that it's warmer in Colorado than here!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Was out yesterday detecting at my local trashy park, Ground mostly wet, some parts still under some snow. Should be all gone by today from the constant rain. I used my new Eclipse 4-6 coil on DFX. Found 17 - quarters, 10 - dimes , 22 - pennies and 3 wheat cents. ($5.50) Very impressed with the coil for finding coins in the midst of trash.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in south eastern Orygun, we have been having an unusually warm dry winter. Usually we have lots of snow and very cold temperatures. I was born and raised here and this is the warmest Jan., Feb. and Mar. I have ever experienced. Another severe drought coming this summer!!

As far as metal detecting, my pardner and me have been going out once a week for the last month and a half....I didn't want to say because of the bad azz winter some of you folks have been getting.

Cheer up, spring is right around the corner!!8-)

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be global warming as this is the warmest March we have had here in Montana. Been +50 +55 for almost a week and with very little snow in the valley the frost is coming out down to 6 inches in places. This is going to be a dry summer this year which means forest fires all summer.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO spring here...
Went from 50's 60's... to 80's... mid to high 80's...
I mean it goes from winter to summer here most years... no nice spring month(s).
Gonna be a REAL hot summer again... and a crazy weather year...
I have noticed... when our spring (or the lack of)... is like this... we get more and stronger storms.
I am sure many of you would "trade up" just to be outta the snow after your winter storms.

I was sweating all day yesterday and AC took 2 hours to cool down house to comfortable level and did not stop running...
This was after "opening house up" for that "spring weather" here... heh.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our snow and ice are gone. Temps have been in the 50's and even a couple of 60 days. the ground was still frozen up to about a week ago. Still below freezing at night, I guess. But, good to go for the last few days. So nice to be out again!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here where I live near Sacramento, Ca, it has been warm and dry, in the 70's the last few weeks and I think it was supposed to hit 80 degrees yesterday, way too to early for summer to start but it sure seems like it is here, my grandson wanted to go swimming yesterday!

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,,,
FINALLY the snow is gone and the ground is softening up a bit.
Took the Fisher out for a try and got a few tones,,, tried to dig,,, STILL FROZEN SOLID.

Another week will definitely improve that issue.

Hit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread