Anyone seen this yet? California cant be too far behind....

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have got to be kidding, how flipping stupid can the government get...well apparently pretty single digit IQ stupid with this law. Its a person's right to sell something if they want to and nobody has credit card machines at a garage sale. Freaking dumocrats

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the voters "actually" vote for that law or are we just being told they did, wouldn't be the first time.
They would love to have us all using plastic for every purchase, they would automatically get their cut in taxes and the banks get their cut in fees.

I was shocked last year when the bank I've been with for a very long time that knows me by my first name ask for ID when I made a $1000. cash deposit for our business, said it was a new Federal law.

They tried to pass a law here that any cash deposited by businesses that had traces of drugs on it would be confiscated at the bank. They backed off on that insanity in a hurry.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "underground" economy is as big or bigger than the regular economy. That is what the government is after....tax money on unreported commerce. Cash sales are impossible to track. Garage sale, private sales and bartering are the main ones they are after!!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, the tax is probably what they are after, if they want to stop thieves, they should quit arresting them over and over, and just hang them.

first offense 5 years. 2nd offense, chop off 1 hand, third offense, hang 'em on the square. Watch the crime rate plummet!

Why do we put up with criminals??

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Garrett Pro, Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was speechless when I read this pile of pull tab dung..................Who the nail do these people think they are?--Get the foil out of my business big brother....

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I skimmed the article but missed the part about removing "legal tender for all debts public and private" from the currency. Are you sure this article isn't from a couple weeks back, around the first of the month? Good luck enforcing this law or having it hold up in court.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
READ THE BILL!

They are going after thieves that sell stolen goods to second hand shops. You are only required to get the personal information of an individual if YOU ARE A SECOND HAND DEALER AND YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM THAT INDIVIDUAL!

Goodwills are exempt because they don't buy their merchandise! iT IS DONATED.
Shoppers at Goodwill can still pay with cash.

PAWN SHOPS ARE EXEMPT BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE TO DO THAT!

IF YOU SELL AT A YARD SALE, YOU CAN STILL ACCEPT CASH!

You people are suckers for CLICK BAIT!

Mike

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
This law is going to butt heads with the Fed because printed on our money is "This Note is Legal Tender For All Debts Public and Private."
Underline ALL. A State can't just supersede that.

I know there a lot of people in law enforcement that would like to not have to deal with money because of no paper trail.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several posts deleted, please confine political comments to the politics forum...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This law is going to butt heads with the Fed because printed on our money is "This Note is Legal Tender For All Debts Public and Private."

I know there a lot of people in law enforcement that would like to not have to deal with money because of no paper trail.

hvacker,

So I guess you aren't reading the posts? Read my post JUST before yours.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I got reeled in on this one :dontknow:

HAHAHA Don't feel bad TC. You and about 100 million other people.

Mike

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
We'll have to wait and see,we all know the double speak of the criminals ,I mean the politicians.:laughing9:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Your wrong about that.... or maybe a "State" can't but a business can!! I know of at least one business I went to pay my bill and they would NOT except cash. Only checks, money orders, credit or debit cards excepted... NO CASH ACCEPTED. I raised such hell on the spot they took the cash but said last time doing so..... after they took the cash I cancelled there services on the spot. The note may say "This Note is Legal Tender For All Debts Public and Private" but that doesn't mean someone has to accept it.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, the tax is probably what they are after, if they want to stop thieves, they should quit arresting them over and over, and just hang them.

first offense 5 years. 2nd offense, chop off 1 hand, third offense, hang 'em on the square. Watch the crime rate plummet!

Why do we put up with criminals??

Right on.... I've always thought armed robbers are smarter then murderers. Start hanging all armed robbers instantly and armed robbery will go down quickly.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was speechless when I read this pile of pull tab dung..................Who the nail do these people think they are?--Get the foil out of my business big brother....

I think you've coined a new set of detecting-related cuss-words! Right on, brother! Foiling awesome! :thumbsup:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My comments to the topic of this thread go like this:

Why is there so much emphasis on making things "easier for law enforcement" and not easier for the people who pay taxes that support law enforcement?

Am I to assume that Craigslist will no longer be legal in this state? What about the traditional income from classified ads that newspapers have enjoyed for over a hundred years? If I heard about this from word-of-mouth, I'd claim bull. Sounds like its unconstitutional to me. No more flea markets? Sounds like thousands of people will be pretty irritated to me.

"...the U.S. Justice Department ordered bank employees to snitch to the cops on customers who withdrew $5,000 or more."

This has just got to be bull-puckey. I'd like to see them try that up here. I just withdrew $7000 from my account last week to buy another tractor. No one said anything to me, they just forked it over... in hondos. You can't tell me that doling out $5k of cash into the account-owner's hand isn't something done at banks on a daily basis. Its their BUSINESS to do so.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread