Need to Detect my rear end off

bspkayaker

Feb 7, 2015
Conway SC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont want to sound negative, but I was just diagnosed with MS and not sure how I will feel in the future, so I must get in as much detecting as I can. Hopefully this wont affect me too much and will be able to detect for years to come, we'll see.

Just remember to always cherish your time out there as you never know. Life really has a way at times to remind you to appreciate the times you should.

God bless all

- Brian

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those are wise words. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Try to stay optimistic, some MS patients can have years of remission.of course I am sure your doctors have told you more than I know about it.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a tough road ahead. Try to find activities that match you're symptoms and progression. A skilled physical therapists with ms experience will be able to suggest activities that match the stage you're at. Good luck, stay positive, and def stay active. Mike

Big-o

Greenie
Aug 17, 2013
Adirondaks NY and Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too have a degenerative disease which I have been dealing with for better than 20 years. Listen, learn as much as you can concerning this disease however stay positive. Use the info to plan ahead as you say here about detecting but apply the same to everything. DO NOT take the crap the Dr's say about you have this much time or that! Convince yourself that you will push through this and it won't slow you down and it won't! 95% of the issue comes from your head, I hav been doing things that I shouldn't for the longest time. You can get past this, I have! Good luck, Keep your faith strong!

OP
OP
bspkayaker

bspkayaker

Feb 7, 2015
Conway SC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the replies and motivational words. Believe me there is no way I will allow something like this to stop what I love to do most. I have two daughters going to college and I will make sure I am a part of it with them. I metal detect and an avid kayaker and just plain love the outdoors. Even if I ended up in a wheel chair someday I will find some way to still detect. I am just at that initial phase of acceptance and just need to completely get my head fully around it.

- Brian

DJS3

Mar 3, 2015
Fairview Heights, IL, USA, North America, Western
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Both just ordered).
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about you recent diagnosis.
Besides staying as active and healthy as you can,
you must remember to stay positive and don't
take any bad news as being written in stone. It
never hurts to get second opinions and different
options for treatments. Keep you chin up and get
out there hunting!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I know, in the long run, you'll be OK with the positive mental attitude you have. Keep daily walks! The walking has helped me with my arthritis!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread