Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven 't been brave enough to watch yet...kinda like taking castor oil....voluntarily, and telling yourself, you like it. :tongue3:

If someone yells one of the diggers rally cries at me when I'm detecting, I really don't think I could stop myself from throwing my digger at them, and that would be a bad thing.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh! I feel like I'm missing something. I've never seen the show.

I tend not to show any emotion when I dig; good or bad finds. Don't want to attract attention. But I guess if I had a camera crew following me it would be a give-away, anyhow.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh! I feel like I'm missing something. I've never seen the show.

I tend not to show any emotion when I dig; good or bad finds. Don't want to attract attention. But I guess if I had a camera crew following me it would be a give-away, anyhow.

Charlie, I've only managed 15 min. Viewing of the show, all I could take. If someone is standing next to me acting like that while I'm detecting.....I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I don't think you'd want it on camera!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
from Whites statement in there forum from a while back .. could be they do not make some of the find's with garrett detectors .. And the statement makes me want to use Whites GO Whites.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. DSCN0756.JPG ...Click on photo to enlarge

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What!!!!! I missed a new Diggers episode?????
Oh, wait a minute! I've seen one episode so I guess
I've seen it all already!
This year I'm gonna perfect that flying leap on a boulder
or bush! I just hope my back can take all that jumping around!
Damn!! Real metal detecting is hard work!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah! There's nothing like a good complaining and b*tching thread! :hello2:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
an alternative view

I've said it before that those guys are EXACTLY the same as they were on their anaconda treasure vids well before the show.They are showmen who detect.They are capable detectorists who have found a way to make a living doing what they love.I applaud them.I dont think there is a moron in the world dumb enough to think they represent anyone but themselves.They do no harm to the hobby.

Ask yourself this...would you prefer that two completely respectable,normal low to middle income guys show the world that everyone can make a ton of money,maybe quit their job,and have the time of their lives doing it?You would have more detectorists than you have ever imagined causing emergency city council meetings to enact anti detecting laws.

It is simply entertainment..no more no less and at least not,"boom baby"moron who actually DID damage to the hobby,especially amoung potential private owner permissions.Diggers guys have prolly HELPED in that reguard.Who wouldnt want to have them entertain you while you sit in a beach chair,pound coronas and laugh.PLUS they give their stuff away.

I say...take a chill pill,pound a few of your favorite beverages,get over what machines the choose(yes choose...always were garrett guys)to swing and enjoy a good chuckle.The lingo cracks me up.colone in the poc...cant make that up.You are in no way being represented by them in any way and their antics ensure that to be true.

Its not"how can you watch?"its more like"why the heck not?"I didnt think foster brooks or dean martin were always drunk.I never considered magnum p.i.to represent private investigators and I sure as heck feel no threat from a couple guys who have figured out how to do what nearly everyone of us hasnt.Make a fine living from a hobby we truly love.

all good gang...:happy1:...:occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show because of the history...
And I like anything metal detection related...
and it sure beats the obnoxious guy BOOM sheeeesh...

I just poke fun of the "over the top" child like responses to finds...
I like it when they calm down a bit and discuss the find...
IT IS a decent show... just feel like beings I am a detectorist of many years...
And I have never met another detectorist that acts that way...
I strikes me as odd and a little too damn much.

Detectoring has always been a "retirees" sport...
Relaxing... "mellow"...
Not aggressive and obnoxious.

With that said...
I will again say... It IS a good show...
Toning it down a bit on the hype over a find might earn some credible "notes" from the Archies and such as well...
No one really takes anyone who acts like that seriously...
And IF it were my property...
And I allowed someone to detect on it...
and I looked out my window and saw them running around yelling and jumping ... tumbling and swinging from things...

I would think one word...
Lawsuit.

PS > If they found something really over the top or incredible to the point of life or history changing...
THEN I could see the antics and celebratory "run" etc.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely refuse to jump around and chatter and yell like I just stepped on high voltage when I'm detecting. On the other hand, if someone came up to me and said, "Hey, I'll pay you pretty well to do just that on camera every month/week..." well, "Give me those high conductivity boots!" :laughing7: (I think Naked Detecting might be in my future.)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's just for a lead in to the Commercials.
to make sure you tune back in to see what got them so
excited.

and even when they come back & you get the Let down,
that they didn't really dig the find of the Century, & they at least give you a bone.
You decide to watch till the Next commercial. But then they go nuts again, so ya have to watch
to see if this was the one :laughing7:

sort of like when you get that sweet distant solid high Tone in your headphones.
Is it the Bust Half you always wanted ? The 1916 -D dime you never expected ?
or another piece of aluminum lawn mower shrapnel you been digging all day :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excited.

that they didn't really dig the find of the Century, & they at least give you a bone.
You decide to watch till the Next commercial. But then they go nuts again, so ya have to watch

sort of like when you get that sweet distant solid high Tone in your headphones.
or another piece of aluminum lawn mower shrapnel you been digging all day :laughing7:

You know Jeff, you point out something that's become a typical platform these days, the moment of unexplained hype right before the commercial. It's becoming so commonplace it's actually becoming a turnoff, literally. And the best (worst) ones are when the show comes back on and replays that same excitement again, sometimes even with play-by-play commentary. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excited.

Ok Jeff! How long you been watching me dig can slaw! The HIGH. Before the low!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody better be there to watch their backs! Lord knows it's not me! All I have is. Detector and digging tools! .....maybe attitude!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The camera crew Probably hires snipers for security :tongue3:

Or maybe the reason those two goofs are jumping around is every time they find something the snipers get to shoot at them and sound it edited out

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rather dig a hole than watch anything on the tv, oh ya got rid of that one last year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread