Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! They can't find any other Harrison Ford types to drop into bat filled caves, erupting volcanos, shark infested waters, etc.? :dontknow:

Wonder if the digger guys ever hit a wasps nest or a pit of vipers while they were unearthing treasure? I'd watch then. :laughing7:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More time digging, less time doing stunts, would be a plus ! Show some more trash digging shots might be informative as well.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they could have an instructional spot at the beginning of every show, showing everyone the correct way to dig and replace a plug, ask permission to detect private property, pin pointing, proper trash removal, proper relic and coin cleaning, etc.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe they could have an instructional spot at the beginning of every show, showing everyone the correct way to dig and replace a plug, ask permission to detect private property, pin pointing, proper trash removal, proper relic and coin cleaning, etc.

Thats a damn fine idea, Beepie! :thumbsup:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the best idea I've heard yet!!:thumbsup: My boss prolly wouldn't let me watch it...:sad10:
Heres another banger of an idea: Replace the clowns on the show with The Baywatch type ladies in identical attire. Ratings = Through THE ROOOF.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I watched it for a few minutes this afternoon. Same tired old stupid words.. same dancing around like they just got bit by a poison spider when one of them finds a common date indian head cent. Yawn...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it for a few minutes this afternoon. Same tired old stupid words.. same dancing around like they just got bit by a poison spider when one of them finds a common date indian head cent. Yawn...

I did had to laugh at the Potential Value they put on a Dug 30's Wheat Cent ($25.00) LOL
only if it comes out the ground already encapsulated & graded as MS-63 of course :laughing7:

that was a season 1 episode though.
I do believe they get better each season.

I haven seen them dig any rotted tooth past containers valued at $25.00 lately :tongue3:

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will both complain, and watch. Thanks for letting me know it is back on.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only saw part of 2 episodes and it was after I started detecting. They did seem to over celebrate the harmonica reed recovery.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my opinion....
I have watched a few episodes of Diggers and for the most part enjoy the coins and relics they pull out of the ground. It's the jumping around, yelling and stupid language that annoy me along with all the speculation of who the artifacts actually belonged to being presented as fact.
If I jumped around and yelled every time I found a wheat penny or mercury dime like they do I am sure I'd end up in a mental health facility before long.
I think they only do that to eat up time on the show and not have to feature all the other common junk that is dug. If you watch how KG and Ringy act on some of Garrett's you tube videos, they are calm and normal. That tells me it's probably either all an act to attract viewers or maybe Garrett just does not put up with idiotic behavior.
I will probably continue to watch Diggers once in a while but doubt I could ever take either of these guys very seriously as "ambassadors" to our hobby. :tongue3:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I admit it, I got tired of learning a new CAD system and actually watched it for a while. The the custom language and excess action upon finding something I would put in the trash pouch is still there. There is also the assumption that items are tied to particular people with very small basis. They might have been good treasure hunters when they started out, but they have turned into actors that could rival the 3 stooges now. Hay, just my opinion as I see it. Frankn 002.JPG

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Diggers are like chiggers once they get on you it takes time to get them off, cant watch this show act like pre k children doing back flips summer saltzs and running around like someone put bengay on there ?? This guy here should have his own show Beau Omminette . Real mans detecting show,vanzutphen

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been practicing screaming "wheatie" ! as I do a backflip into a dumpster when I find a wheat penny...

I have perfected my dive and roll into sand castles that kids are making when I find a vintage pull tab... screaming VIN PULL !!!

Personally I would like to see them do a "rockstar" move... and bash their detector on the ground... like a guitar :P

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread