Buried Money in my back yard.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never have any peace with yourself until you dig! :icon_scratch:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am afraid I would be getting some practice at filling in larger holes and making them look good, Dig, Dig, Dig.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no way I'd do that to my yard that being said dig dig dig

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bring in the backhoe lol

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You needed to re-seed anyway...........

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My fingers are crossed for you. Wish you the best of luck. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL when the rain slows down i'll get some pictures of my yard so you can see what it looks like. It will be one hell of a task to Completely dig everything and you'll see why when you i post the pictures.

Nobody cares if it looks like the Rose Garden...... Dig the LARGE deep targets first and get it over with. Best of luck.

If it makes ya feel better go ahead and post 20 pics of the yard.... We're all still gonna say DIG!!!!! :occasion14: Don't MAKE some of us come to Mass. :tongue3:

brogansown

May 11, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500 and Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
As a kid in a small town in Eastern Oregon I, like a squirrel, used to bury my pop bottle, tooth fairy and other money in our yard so my siblings wouldn't get it. And I promptly forgot where I buried it. Our house is long gone and the yard is an unused pasture for various animals. I'm sure those tiny piles of pennies, nickels and dimes are still buried somewhere in that half acre.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody cares if it looks like the Rose Garden...... Dig the LARGE deep targets first and get it over with. Best of luck.

If it makes ya feel better go ahead and post 20 pics of the yard.... We're all still gonna say DIG!!!!! :occasion14: Don't MAKE some of us come to Mass. :tongue3:

Hahahaha!!!! x2

In the amount of time it took you to relay this experience with us I would have already had a few of those targets dug up. Dig now, explain later. DIG! DIG!! DIG!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honey the top six inches of soil just needs to go !! :laughing7: :laughing7: Then detect !

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've got a shovel and a lantern we'll wait till he's asleep

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So do i do a full scale hunt and dig every damn thing or leave my yard intact? I'm not sure i believe the "Story" and i'm hesitant to start tearing up my yard because the targets are deep and plentiful.

Here's what I got for you:

What are you doing posting here? Get your butt out there and start digging! You're a landscaper! Hey guess what:

GRASS GROWS BACK

:laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Your a landscaper so you know how to dig ... And then put your yard back to like it was ...

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless that person knows you hunt treasure and is pranking you, that is a random to story to come up with on the spot. DIG!

Where in Mass? I have an AT PRO, a shovel, a car, a lantern, a poncho, plenty of PTO hours and am a workhorse that will only ask 15 percent!

Of course I'm only kidding, but I've only found a matchbox car from the 70s in my yard so I'm daydreaming right now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pessimist - Previous owner is jealous of the beautiful gardens you have bestowed upon the residence and she's just screwing with you.

Optimist - Get a shovel and start digging.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you narrow down the area? Do you know if maybe it made it into the local paper back in the day? Talk to the old timers see if her story checks out.
Know of anybody with one of the imagining detectors, you could get an idea of the size, shape, and depth of what's under there.

You can tell the wife you discovered moles have invaded your yard and your need to remove them. Or your going to plant trees and changed your mind, what ever works.

It's your own little treasure adventure!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
BOOM BABY

I know a guy we can call in if you don't want to dig it.

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.16.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.17.02 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread