BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of our neighbors buried about 15k in a mason jar in her yard. 10 or 15 yrs later, she dug it up, only to find the bills ruined, because the metal lid rotted out.
Needless to say, she was devastated.
Anyway, good luck. I agree, dig, dig, dig.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How well did you sleep �� last night?
I'm sure your dreams were of buried loot �� on your OWN property!
Tell the wife to chill and you love her.
Tear that turf up!
Ya never know...
Peace ✌

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you find all the money they buried in your yard, you can hire somebody to fix it. Good luck on the dig.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is a good time for a gta 2500.anyone in that area with one?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of our neighbors buried about 15k in a mason jar in her yard. 10 or 15 yrs later, she dug it up, only to find the bills ruined, because the metal lid rotted out.
Needless to say, she was devastated.
Anyway, good luck. I agree, dig, dig, dig.

The new way is a piece of PVC pipe, two end caps, and the cement, it'll be there for the Grandchildren.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where was it in Eastern Orygun did you say the old house was?? I'm all ears!!???
As a kid in a small town in Eastern Oregon I, like a squirrel, used to bury my pop bottle, tooth fairy and other money in our yard so my siblings wouldn't get it. And I promptly forgot where I buried it. Our house is long gone and the yard is an unused pasture for various animals. I'm sure those tiny piles of pennies, nickels and dimes are still buried somewhere in that half acre.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The old Stone Wall would be a Good place to start. Just from the looks of the area I would be digging, I some history there and you said there was also an old house that was tore down now. Oh ya, Dig, Dig, Dig.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you need one bigger then this one take a look at my avatar :) It is the bucket from the Big Muskie in Southern Ohio. That is my son in the
picture and he is 6' 3". One scoop and you are done.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a shovel and a lantern we'll wait till he's asleep

It's not him we probably need to "worry" about..... It's Miss otrkid70!!!!!!! See ya at 2:30 am. Just bring shovel and small light and a gag for me if we find something good.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That machine wouldn't even fit in my yard lol. If you watched the video you see the stone retaining wall in this area i'm thinking maybe there was a shed? There is soo many targets in that area. There is also tons of surface items. This may be a good spot to start. I'm still waiting for the rainy weather to break.

I'd just be curious to dig everything on my own property, buried treasure or not. It's a history of where you live. One of my favorite finds was found just recently at my mom's farm. An 1835 large cent. Certainly not a rare coin and it isn't worth a lot and it isn't in great shape, but the thought of someone dropping that cent in that spot 180 years ago? A spot that I grew up playing on? Well, it blows my mind to think about. It's a considerably different feeling than finding something in a park or on the beach.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig! What about doing the privy probe trick to locate/size larger targets?

HH & GL

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
To be honest, I don't see a lot in the video concerning your' yard to really worry about! There are a lot of bare spots and old bricks in the lower yard that could use some work and I don't see anything in the upper yard grass-wise or much other to worry about since it appears to be the lot for the chickens. Besides, if you dig up the upper yard, the chickens are going to love you for providing them with a lot of protein from the worms you will likely dig up as well. Also, what's up with what appears to be a concrete pad on the back of the house with what appears to be rusted steel plates covering the center sections? I say, dig it all up, fill it back in when done and seed everything with new grass. You can then decide whether to put some bricks back for walkways or not.

Frank

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The upper yard is no problem at all and yes the chickens would love it. The bottom section is going to be a pain in the ass tearing out the bricks and moving everything. I am going to dig it all though. Why not right?

Dig it and sift it all. No telling what you'll find, and mix the sifted soil with compost and reapply to the lawn. Instant awesomeness!

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't Dig! Leave it all as is. Give me your address and I will buy your place and take it all for myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread