T-Shirts...

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
I am going to print up some t-shirts and offer them for sale on this site. I was hoping some of you guys could help me design them. If someone submits a design and i use it you will get 4 free shirts......My idea is something like this...

on front in small lettering " Relic Recovery Team"
On the back maybe a photo of a MD and the same....let me know what you guys think.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That sounds cool! I am a graphic designer and could figure something out like that. Want to make them look official like State Parks Dept. or more fun and Club Like? I think it sounds fun and I will get started and send/or post a sample.
:P

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I think you should design your shirts to cover ALL the types of detecting and not limit it to relice or underwater etc... It would help you sales bottom line.

Something generic like ' Underground Recovery Team' or ' Lost Treasure Recoveries' .

Just my two cents.

HH

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Leave the word "treasure" out of it, or any wording that suggests "riches". Public perception is important here.

Keep it professional looking and sounding. Use words like...artifact, research, historical, recovery, etc.

How about "Artifact Research and Historical Recovery Unit" LOL!!! Just kidding! Couldn't help that one!

Wow! Now that I look at it and say it, it doesn't sound so bad.

A lighthearted approach is good to, just as long as you stay away from those key words, treasure & riches.

Good luck!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
I think you should design your shirts to cover ALL the types of detecting and not limit it to relice or underwater etc... It would help you sales bottom line.

Something generic like ' Underground Recovery Team' or ' Lost Treasure Recoveries' .

Just my two cents.

HH

I agree.

The word Treasure (at least around here) would
cause intrest & Conversations, which could
turn into leads.

I know if you get near the Oceans, or National parks, it can have
a negative effect though.

I'm always trying to find shirts that Advertise
I treasure "Hunt". for when I go Grocery Shopping, Restaurants, Etc.

& maybe Relic or Artifact Recovery for in the Field.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
MEinWV said:
Leave the word "treasure" out of it, or any wording that suggests "riches". Public perception is important here.

Keep it professional looking and sounding. Use words like...artifact, research, historical, recovery, etc.

How about "Artifact Research and Historical Recovery Unit" LOL!!! Just kidding! Couldn't help that one!

Wow! Now that I look at it and say it, it doesn't sound so bad.

A lighthearted approach is good to, just as long as you stay away from those key words, treasure & riches.

Good luck!

I agree 100% I used to have a shirt that said....Professional Treasure Hunters Historical Society....but people would think of treasure...That is why i was thinking relic recovery.....Or button recovery or something like that.

I guess the main question is if i make these how many people would buy them...

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Of course it can say anything in any color on any color with any relic... Or anything else...

WHY WILL PIC NOT POST!

Attachments

• rrt1.jpg
    rrt1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 751
T

TreasureTales

Hmmm, how about something like: Relic Recovery Team - Reclaiming History One Piece At a Time. Then just change the wording slightly to cover different aspects of treasure hunting. For example: Coin Recovery Team - Reclaiming Coins One Cent At a Time. Bottle Recovery Team - Recycling Glass One Bottle At a Time.

I do think keeping the word "treasure" out of the text would be a better way to go. Don't need to draw undue attention when out in the field trying to find loot. People don't always like the idea that strangers might be finding treasure (most folks think of treasure as heaps of gold and silver coins, with a few rubies and emeralds thrown in for color) in their neck of the woods.

Can't wait to see the shirts when you get them made. Good luck.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How did you post that pic? I have never had a problem until today... Here is a close up.
I like that "Uncovering history one piece at a time..."

Attachments

• Shirt2.jpg
    Shirt2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 730
OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
TreasureTales said:
Hmmm, how about something like: Relic Recovery Team - Reclaiming History One Piece At a Time. Then just change the wording slightly to cover different aspects of treasure hunting. For example: Coin Recovery Team - Reclaiming Coins One Cent At a Time. Bottle Recovery Team - Recycling Glass One Bottle At a Time.

I do think keeping the word "treasure" out of the text would be a better way to go. Don't need to draw undue attention when out in the field trying to find loot. People don't always like the idea that strangers might be finding treasure (most folks think of treasure as heaps of gold and silver coins, with a few rubies and emeralds thrown in for color) in their neck of the woods.

You guys have some great ideas....I really like that "Relic Recovery Team - Reclaiming History One Piece At a Time" I am going to use it. I will have these shirts made by the weeks end and i will keep watching for some more ideas.

Thanks guys!!!

K

Kentucky Kache

Do I detect a hint of political correctness here? If we're after "treasure", why can't we say so. I understand that it might cost us a place to hunt every now and then, but if we have to walk the political correctness line, which we all say we hate, is it really worth it? I know it's not that big a deal, just a T shirt, but I'm a treasure hunter and proud of it. :)

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I like the suggestions. Just not sure about the reasons.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
jbot said:
Do I detect a hint of political correctness here? If we're after "treasure", why can't we say so. I understand that it might cost us a place to hunt every now and then, but if we have to walk the political correctness line, which we all say we hate, is it really worth it? I know it's not that big a deal, just a T shirt, but I'm a treasure hunter and proud of it. :)

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I like the suggestions. Just not sure about the reasons.

Yah. I think they should also change the name of this site to Western & Eastern Relic Recovery. I know it has been W&E Treasure for a long time, but change is good.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
SWR said:
Hey...I just want a shirt that says Metal Detecting (cause that's what I am doing) so that when I turn my back on the 15 kids shouting "Hey Mister, what are you doing" they won't be so upset ;)

er...unless they can't read :(

Like John Belushi's shirt in Animal House, Just said "College".

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
How about submissions for a "Top Ten List" of why I MD. Could have logo on front and list on the back. I think this group could come up with a pretty good list. Like "Reason #6 - I like hand disinterring crap from lawns and parks." Or "Reason #7 - I like beep, beep, beep better than the music they play these days."

Could be a lot of fun.

Daryl

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
I can also do T-shirts for your companies if you want to purchase a few dozen....I own a screen printing company. Let me know!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outraged said:
TreasureTales said:

You guys have some great ideas....I really like that "Relic Recovery Team - Reclaiming History One Piece At a Time" I am going to use it. I will have these shirts made by the weeks end and i will keep watching for some more ideas.

Thanks guys!!!

The "Relic Recovery Team" idea is fantastic. I love it.
I just have one other request. Can you PLEASE print them on 100% cotton t-shirts? Those 50/50 jobs make you sweat too much. ;D Looking forward to seeing them.
Thanks,
MM

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
ModernMiner said:
outraged said:
TreasureTales said:

Thanks guys!!!

The "Relic Recovery Team" idea is fantastic. I love it.
I just have one other request. Can you PLEASE print them on 100% cotton t-shirts? Those 50/50 jobs make you sweat too much. ;D Looking forward to seeing them.
Thanks,
MM

Yes 100% is no problem...Also i was going to see if anyone would want sweatshirts.....let me know

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Her is a tee shirt for you.

We have enough youth...
How about a fountain of smart!
LOL

OD

Jocularity my friends.
The "Relic Recovery Team" sounds super. Get some in xxsmall and I will put them on my grandKids.

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Here's my idea:

Something along these lines would be neat (and vague enough):

TShirt1.jpg

And I had to throw this in, for the humor. :)

TShirt2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread