THINGS ON T.V. > The good... The bad... The ugly AND Lame... state your case / views.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
A few weeks ago I read through some posts from the 2010 thru 2015 time frame and found that we have some incredible people posting here,( and some are STILL here posting), and for some reason, ( maybe jealousy ? ), some posters just seemed to direct nothing but criticism, complaints, and accusations of lying. And these "incredible" people just continued to educate and inform us the whole time. It was just a senseless act of mistreatment that was thrown upon these "Good" guys.

Sorry to de-rail your topic AARC, will now stand down.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few weeks ago I read through some posts from the 2010 thru 2015 time frame and found that we have some incredible people posting here,( and some are STILL here posting), and for some reason, ( maybe jealousy ? ), some posters just seemed to direct nothing but criticism, complaints, and accusations of lying. And these "incredible" people just continued to educate and inform us the whole time. It was just a senseless act of mistreatment that was thrown upon these "Good" guys.

Got ya, 100% loud and clear.
And I couldn't agree more.

Dropping the topic now so as not to derail the thread further.

~Tejaas~

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Well you might as well ad radio to the rant. If I hear that kid saying "We want to see ya in a Kia" one more time...

And as for TV, I honestly can't tell you the last time I've turned it on. I learned to read one summer when I was a kid, our TV died and my dad refused to get another. No commercials in books, you can start and stop when ever you feel like it. Even go back and replay parts or even the whole thing if you want.

Only way I'd watch TV again is if Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were on the Carol Burnett show, or maybe Monty Python from back in the day.

TV today is for the sheep we've become, we want to be led down a path, just waiting for the Judas goat to show.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to admit I have become more of a internet watcher than a TV watcher.
I watch a lot of videos on the web....youtube mostly.
The subject matter I view there ranges from treasure hunts to end of the world scenarios.
There is a lot of interesting things happening in the world today.....a lot of unbelievable stuff and subject matter that makes a person
really think about where we are headed as a society. If TV were the only way to measure where we are headed, then I would certainly believe that the fire pit is being heated up
to maximum intensity. There is a sense of more and more people becoming aware of the fox in the hen house. It is my opinion that sooner than later something has to give.
All forms of communication contain more than enough deception. The one book I have read over and over for the last 40 years tells me that what we allow ourselves to be subject to, is what will be our masters. We are told that resistance is futile by the world, but the spirit says "Not on my watch". We all like to joke and have fun, and the TV has provided a wide variety of entertainment to satisfy those desires. As the one book has warned us of the seriousness of having discernment, as to which way we shall choose (life or death), we have to put all joking aside and remember just how short this journey is, and what may be the consequences of our choices. Something wicked this way comes.......was a title for a movie if I remember correctly......But...it is also a phrase of the reality that we must not allow ourselves to
view the future with our eyes closed. I guess I woke up this morning with a sense of "What have I done with my life, if it all ended tomorrow?" Is this what it was all about.....working to make ends meet each day and get up and repeat the next? Occupy my time I have off on senseless entertainment? I'll be glad when some questions I have about it all are answered. I'm still waiting. I am aware of the reality that the waiting will one day be over........whether today or 20 years from now......who knows. Just some random thoughts this morning........

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"But wait! Act now and we will double your order for free...just Double the cost for shipping and handling!)

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just so you know... and remember...
My threads cannot be derailed...
They are super threads... :P

No really... When I start a thread they are meant to go wherever ... however.
Nothing is off limits...
If used for a place to "chat" ... so be it. :)
I am all for "anything goes" on my threads...
You will never see me get "huffy" if the thread goes all over or what have you.
Pointless.
:)
Enjoy.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Lawyer commercials.....When I was in school we learned that Lawyers were not allowed to advertise in mass media.

What happened to that?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well well...its the ole ECS... heh
And to think I almost made a comment in a thread the other day using you as the example. :)

And NO not about taking a thread astray...
That would be your mates.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
untitled.png

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh don't get me started on grammar / the English language which is riddled with flaws.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Associated Press Stylebook and many dictionaries accept only protester. Other dictionaries list protestor as an alternative spelling. But no authority alive recommends spelling the word both ways in the same paragraph.
• “It is an important fact ignored—or maybe unknown—to the candidate.”
The writer wanted to say that the “important fact” www.Putlocker123.com was either ignored by the candidate or unknown to the candidate. Here’s how to make it work with the dashes: It is an important fact ignored by—or maybe unknown to—the candidate.
• “The outcome is a major win for public employee unions, who would be weakened if members didn’t pay for representation.”
The word after “unions” should be which, not who. Despite being made up of people, a union is a thing. Writers should limit their use of who to humans.
• “Born in Brooklyn in 1922, stage fright steered Mr. Bauersfeld away from Hollywood.”
The dangler is alive and thriving in the twenty-first century. Did you spot it? To sticklers and other careful readers, this sentence is sheer nonsense: it states with a straight face that stage fright was born in Brooklyn in 1922. We could write Stage fright steered Mr. Bauersfeld, who was born in Brooklyn in 1922,
To comment on this grammar tip, click on the title.

HUH?

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh don't get me started on grammar / the English language which is riddled with flaws.

Agree with you, I do. Wonderful role models, there are, from popular movies. Children, from those characters, hear and learn...........:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting somewhat back on-topic, we got rid of satellite TV several years ago. Have a video library of probably 1,000 DVD's with about 6 hours per DVD. Then there's the older VHS video collection. After my dad passed away, we used his internet to download 100's of hours of older TV shows from Youtube and have them saved on a huge hard drive. The vast majority of what we watch is older shows. We're currently watching the M*A*S*H series now.

So no more advertising, no more new crap-shows; nothing but good, "clean" shows and movies that are good (in our views) to watch. Daniel Boone series, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, I Dream Of Jeannie, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, The Waltons, McHale's Navy, The Pink Panther series (cartoons), Dr. Quinn, Wild Wild West, etc, etc, etc..... We started with DishNetwork with about a $30/month bill. About 12 years later, we're getting about the same number of channels yet only watching about 6 of those we got, but paying just shy of $90/month. I finally had enough!! Got tons of stuff from TCM, Discovery, History, and many other channels. Oh, and the entire 3 Stooges series, plus the newer movie. ...That takes care of about 20% of what we have. By the time we get through watching what we want, we simply start over. Is almost like watching it for the first time, as it will normally have been several years.

So, no gripes here - not anymore. :thumbsup:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never watch Live TV-------------------record everything and always have 100 or so hours recorded to choose from.:notworthy:
I can't remember the last time I relied on a commercial to convince me to buy something.
Marvin

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likes -- My DVR -- no commercials (and wasted time) for me.
Dislikes -- Lack of quality shows. Where are shows like Friends, Cheers, or the Cosby Show?
About the only thing I watch is Walking Dead, Gold Rush, and the 6 episodes of The X-Files when they briefly brought it back.
I don't even go to the movies nearly as often as I used to, as the acting, plots, etc all seem to have gone downhill -- all action and CGI and not much content.

I prefer the 'net over TV -- I can find what I want, when I want, learn from it, enjoy it, then move on.

I would rather spend my time reading, researching, working out (weight lifting does make lugging around a PI machine easier), riding a motorcycle, or the obvious, metal detecting.

So spending time living my life in the real world is far more fun than watching something on TV for me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dvr everything I want to watch.

only thing top quality and new right now is Schitt's creek.
if I ran award Shows, this Show would win them all.
it's just lame and funny in the right way. sort of the anti show.
doesn't try to brainwash you into believing life is a big dance.

I used to look forward to Big Bang Theory, but that's getting a bit lame lately.
it was bad enough when they married Leonard & Penny . now they are going to introduce a Baby into the show for oohs & ahhs. :(
Desperation ? Running out of ideas for Laughs ?
Once they end this season, I will probably stop watching it.

early reruns of two & a half men are still ok.

I still watch Bering Sea Gold, But like Gold Rush this last season it is getting on my nerves.
I started fast forwarding through the 3 irish stooges & old man Pomrenke's land drama.

Walking Dead is on vacation right now, I can't stand Reruns of it , but will watch that when it comes back.

I just finally started watching Fear the walking dead, but it's a Bit slow :( Not enough Zombies,
too much soap opera and failed attempts at Film noir imo.
nobody on it that is likable either.
so I'm done with that show now.

they need to Bring back Diggers !
occasionally I find a Movie to watch. I prefer uncut R Horror & Comedy moves &
Pre Code comedies from the 20's & 30's. but there aren't too many I Haven't seen.
and hate everything the critics are paid to brag about.

the best way to get me to not watch.

announce "The Critics are Raving About ..... "

definitely the Kiss of Death imo.

Paid Critics are Morons ! or flat out liars

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...apparently AARC's kidding comment about language struck a nerve. :argue:

As for the "one-fingered gesture", haven't you heard it's not safe to go hitchhiking anymore?? :laughing7:

You know, I've often wondered about the British sense of humor. So many shows and movies that have been listed as comedies in the past, well, seemed ANYTHING but funny. ...Do ya' think that difference is what drove the Founding Fathers to run off and start their own Comedy Club?!?!? :dontknow: :evil6:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread