THINGS ON T.V. > The good... The bad... The ugly AND Lame... state your case / views.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem is, they wouldn't advertise, if it didn't work. Just boggles the mind.

Don't get me started on the pills. When did it become ok to sell something that can help the original problem (never cure), and kill you 8 other way's. Well at least they mention it so when someone die's, there covered.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks, I cut the cable 3 years ago and still get about 45 OTA (over the air) channels. The older I get the less TV I watch. I used to be a big sports fan, but now if the game is on when the ground is not frozen, you will see me swinging the coil. I am thankful that the past few OSU games started at 8pm. When it comes to what I watch it is mainly on PBS (no it's not Sesame Street), my favorite show is the Antiques Road Show. We do have Netflix & Hulu plus, but I become paralyzed with the sheer amount of choices I have. I scroll through the selections for about an hour and end up falling asleep without watching anything.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of falling asleep...
I am actually sleep typing at this very moment.

Was thinking of filling the swimming pool with coffee...

The coffee I.V. drip is not working as good as I would like. :P

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty much only watch cable news.maybe funny videos of stupid people.everything else I watch on youtube,through the wii on my tv.only way to fly.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girl would watch TV...
While swimming if she could.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow, you mean someone actually watches commercials now days? I hardly ever watch TV in real time. I record everything and watch later. Don't like reality shows. I like the Western channel, Discovery, History, etc-----------------------plus the NCIS, Madam Sec, etc. The only sport I watch is BaseBall and CFB. My two favorite Teams are GA Tech and whoever plays Georgia.
10 minutes of detecting is better than 4 hrs of TV.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the Superbowl.....good commercials! Well, better the usual.

Flo from progressive.....makes me want to try shock therapy.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget, you adjust the sound just right for the program, and BANG, the commercials come on so loud the neighbors across the pasture can hear it. Come dinner time we can hear about vaginal mesh, and lets not forget to hop in the bath tubs for our pills. Like you also mentioned, the commercials that repeat every 10 minutes. Geesh, they must think their TV watchers are idiots stuck away in sanitariums somewhere.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen that Spanish music Toyota commercial at least 10 more times. Arrrrg.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget, you adjust the sound just right for the program, and BANG, the commercials come on so loud the neighbors across the pasture can hear it. Come dinner time we can hear about vaginal mesh, and lets not forget to hop in the bath tubs for our pills. Like you also mentioned, the commercials that repeat every 10 minutes. Geesh, they must think their TV watchers are idiots stuck away in sanitariums somewhere.

Oh I friggin know... the sound blasts you off the couch on some of em.

Friggin wearing out my volume button on my remote control is all they are accomplishing for me. heh

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fact is... and sooner than later, our commercials will be different.

The pop-up ads on our computers that reflect our recent google searches are just the tip of the iceberg...
Say for instance, we are watching Diggers, or Oak Island, or whatever...the commercials will be different for each of us. AARC will get commercials for Treasure stories, I'll get commercials for NFL Shop, Red James will get conspiracy theory commercials... each of our interests will be catered to by advertisers, based on our Internet purchases and searches.

I wonder who would get the most commercials for immature and irrelevant comments?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um that would be me as well :P

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Join the 21st Century...Forget TV...Try the Internet for "Free"!

Route your PC's HDMI output to a Projector, add a 10 foot screen, today's pricing $500.00
Go to the thrift store and buy some 70's wall thumping speakers ( Cerwin Vega, Advents) which you can find for $20.00
Buy the old Pioneer 200 Watt Dolby Stereo Amps $ 20.00...which no one wants now as they buy 7. 1 amps... I rig one up for each speaker giving my sound system 10.2

Watch all the TV shows you want (Oak Island, Game of Thrones, Black Sails etc.) in high def, commercial free with out signing up or paying:
Project Free Tv

Watch all the movies, some before they are are even selling in WallMart
Free Movies Online & Tv Series 2015 in High Quality

Just make sure you have a high speed internet connection with a min. of 100GB allowable usage

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My girl would watch TV...
While swimming if she could.
I believe that would be called a "suicide attempt".

Sheesh AARC, have you been ranting so bad about the TV that the misses wants to take it for a swim!?!?

I don't hardly watch TV either, but when i do - and perhaps you should try it - just watch 'Lonesome Dove' - over, and over, and over again.

It never disappoints, haha!

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
"when the moment is right" heh.

I can only think of a few moments that are not right ...

Anytime the kids are around...
At/during church...
Or while at courthouse... at least while in court.
And definitely while getting some form of surgery.

All else is open for brief discussion.

Ah com'on AARC, at our age, only the first two are off limits and I do like how you clarified the courthouse.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Comedy shows now days use so much "canned laughter" that it is overkill. Some jerk says: "I'm going outside" and then you hear a laughter track. Not funny and so insulting to our intelligence. I seldom watch TV unless it is about treasure or explorations. I leave the tv on for background noise in case of weather alerts. Most of the time I just spend on the forums reading posts from several years ago in which I see how mistreated some of our "Past and Current" posters were treated.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Comedy shows now days use so much "canned laughter" that it is overkill. Some jerk says: "I'm going outside" and then you hear a laughter track. Not funny and so insulting to our intelligence. I seldom watch TV unless it is about treasure or explorations. I leave the tv on for background noise in case of weather alerts. Most of the time I just spend on the forums reading posts from several years ago in which I see how mistreated some of our "Past and Current" posters were treated.
I'm genuinely curious, so please forgive...

Mistreated?

~Tejaas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread