SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With winter around the corner and the topic of this post, I have to share my friend's best CFS story. We had had a tough snowy winter one year and two back to back 2-3 foot snowstorms left a huge amount of snow on the ground and on her roof. Despite her protests and concerns for his safety her husband felt he had to go up and shovel off the roof. Not long after he went up, she heard him yelling for help. Seems he slid off the roof and shot straight down into the piled snow, even deeper now from what he had shoveled, and landed so far down he couldn't move enough to get himself out. Wife had to get a snow shovel to dig him loose, and of course tells the story every chance she gets. She feels great regret that she didn't take pictures before the dig out.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why I usually avoid getting involved with home improvement projects all all costs. Someone could get hurt! Glad you are ok though Brad.

Hey thanks lady.... The garage door and I never had a problem (me getting hurt). But my truck cab almost did.

Now... not "getting involved with home improvement projects".... That's all I do. And I don't usually ever get hurt. And if I do.... it's called experience. So if it sounds like I'm a walking, talking idiot and have a self destruct mentally... well it's not true. I do know what I'm doing (most times)... but... every now and then I do I dumbest thing(s) by accident and/or from being in a hurry. I'm just ratting myself out here on this thread as other "experts" are now doing!!!!! :occasion14:

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well dang it...if you would have "properly" moved that rake out of the way like I did with those rolls of insulation in the way while installing the sheetrock in a garage renovation (moved all those rolls several times) you could have been so proud of completing your project. Just like I did while taking a break after completing said sheetrock project. I sat on one of those rolls while all the time feeling like I had forgotten something..

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well dang it...if you would have "properly" moved that rake out of the way like I did with those rolls of insulation in the way while installing the sheetrock in a garage renovation (moved all those rolls several times) you could have been so proud of completing your project. Just like I did while taking a break after completing said sheetrock project. I sat on one of those rolls while all the time feeling like I had forgotten something..

Damn.... good post!!!!! I can't believe what you must have thought.... when the "light" came on.... :occasion14:

I put up the last piece of OSB board today completely finishing the first 4 ft. upward around the new shop inside. I was so happy to get all the outlet opening's done. Then later.... I TOO NOTICED 2 EMPTY CENTERS with no insulation... I EARLIER ON PURPOSE didn't put up the last 4ft. a couple of days ago because I DIDN'T HAVE THE INSULATION for the last 2 centers (ran out). Thank God I used screws instead of staples on this piece because it's around the breaker box area. I got the cart in front of the horse....!

I knew this... please humor me.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now your the type guy who'd I'd easily get along with. Either one of us could screw up badly and we'd just take it in stride together!!!!!
Ever notice how much more it hurts when your cold? Don't know why.... but it does!

???

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes men can do some really stupid crap -- like say remarrying a ex wife -- thankfully I can say I'm not that dumb.......remember , guys --if their a EX-- there was a reason why their a EX..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes men can do some really stupid crap -- like say remarrying a ex wife -- thankfully I can say I'm not that dumb.......remember , guys --if their a EX-- there was a reason why their a EX..

Damn.... You could have went all year NOT posting that comment. This explains a lot for me..... I did re-marry the EX!!!!! :dontknow:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my share of hurts and yes it hurts worse when it's cold.

Worked for an auto wrecker one time picking up cars. Went to a garage and I had to get this body of a car up on the truck deck and they had these heavy jack stands under the bumper of the car. They had to be removed so the mechanic got the floor jack and put it under the car and started jack it up, he maxed out the jack and I got the stand out on my side of the car by turning it over and pulling it out, he didn't know how and was having problems so I reached over and grabbed the turned stand base and at that time he pushed down on the jack hard to get more lift. The car body crushed (rusted through and the jack was not on the axle) and the bumper came down on the left index, and like a chicken bone breaking I said to him you just cut my F'ing finger off! I got into his truck to make our way to the hospital and this pony haired dude drove 20mph along empty streets toward the hospital that was on the other side of town. I said buddy can't go a little faster? His reply was "I don't speed for anyone". I said well the other hand is going to punch your lights out buddy step on it a bit please.
Now here's Murphy playing the cruel joke-Spring Break only one Dr. on call and laying there for 11 hrs before going under the knife to reattach the finger. Good drugs are a man's best friend sometimes. 5 operations later and it sort of works today but hates the cold.

I too would have been mad at that "I don't speed for anyone" comment. Sounds like you had a real bad day and experience with that accident!

30 years ago I'm playing basketball at a local gym with a bunch of guys around my age in the evening. It was the day before Thanksgiving. Somebody's knee hit the outside of my lower knee HARD. Down I went. I slowly limped off the court to a chair. It started to swell up. A bunch of folks said "Brad, I think it's broken". I had my friend Tim take me home. He rented a room from me. Tim stated "Let's go the the E.R.... I think it's broken also Brad". I said "Naw, I think it's just bruised real bad". I went to bed at 8:00 pm and he headed for the local bar.

At about 5 AM I had to get up and head to the bathroom. I couldn't even stand on one leg and hop to the bathroom because it HURT so bad!!! So I sat on the edge of the bed and started to yell for Tim. I yelled and YELLED! His room is upstairs and way down the hallway. Finally Tim's at my door and say's what the hell do you want? I said my leg's broken... and I need help getting to the bathroom. He said "Walk!... it's only bruised". I said I couldn't I know it's broke now and I want to go the the E.R. now. He says "Hop on one leg" and I said I CAN'T! So he comes in and helps me to the bathroom. A minute later I'm done, open door and he's gone. Now I hear the microwave running and I yell for him. He's now pissed and helps me to the kitchen table.

I had to wait for him to cook a complete huge deer steak breakfast. Then shower and shave. Then clean up the breakfast dishes and pans. Now he's ready to go and I'm still sitting at the table. Pajama bottoms only, no shirt, no socks still is all I have on. I said "I'm not dressed and can't get back to the bedroom". So... he drags me back, throws some clothes at me and closes the door. I open the door again to get his help back out.... and there stands Beth a beautiful area girl. Tim walks back into house from starting the truck and there's Beth helping me to the table. Tim invites her to ride along to the E.R. with us because "Brad's leg is broke now". Sure she says "I'll get cleaned up". While she's upstairs getting around he fixes her some breakfast now.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there I sat with a broken leg (for sure) waiting for my "buddy" and his new found friend to get me to the E.R. Come to find out "they" didn't get back to my place till 2:30 am. Got to hospital at 8:00 am Thanksgiving morning. I too had to wait forever. Finally got a shot and a splint.... Murphy was horrible to me that time. Tim still swears... "It's just bruised!"

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With winter around the corner and the topic of this post, I have to share my friend's best CFS story. We had had a tough snowy winter one year and two back to back 2-3 foot snowstorms left a huge amount of snow on the ground and on her roof. Despite her protests and concerns for his safety her husband felt he had to go up and shovel off the roof. Not long after he went up, she heard him yelling for help. Seems he slid off the roof and shot straight down into the piled snow, even deeper now from what he had shoveled, and landed so far down he couldn't move enough to get himself out. Wife had to get a snow shovel to dig him loose, and of course tells the story every chance she gets. She feels great regret that she didn't take pictures before the dig out.
WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!! No not the husband.:laughing7: The wife!!!! You always grab the camera FIRST!:tongue3::tongue3: She threw away a hundred years of leverage!:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn.... good post!!!!! I can't believe what you must have thought.... when the "light" came on.... :occasion14:

I put up the last piece of OSB board today completely finishing the first 4 ft. upward around the new shop inside. I was so happy to get all the outlet opening's done. Then later.... I TOO NOTICED 2 EMPTY CENTERS with no insulation... I EARLIER ON PURPOSE didn't put up the last 4ft. a couple of days ago because I DIDN'T HAVE THE INSULATION for the last 2 centers (ran out). Thank God I used screws instead of staples on this piece because it's around the breaker box area. I got the cart in front of the horse....!

I knew this... please humor me.
You brought back a memory from my facility maintenance days. Had some engineers that worked 3 days making drawings, borrowing ladders, checking the building blue prints etc etc to run a cable from one end of the building to the back. As they were standing in the hall assigning places, I walked back to the shop grabbed my crossbow & the bolt with a superball glued on it. tied the cable to it and shot it across the crawl space. Walked to the other end (with a herd of engineers in tow) and pulled the cable to the floor. As they all stood there open mouthed, I said, "Well, it worked on paper." And walked back to the shop. It's no wonder the engineers hated me.

Moral to this story.... Don't over engineer / plan things, it just takes all the fun out of it! Think I'm kidding? If we'd engineered all of our situations on this thread, it be dead.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another funny memory. We got a facilities mgr that had zero experience (Big wigs nephew) and his first project was to have us put up an I beam for a chain hoist. This kid had drawings galore He called a meeting and excitedly assigned tasks positions etc. When he led us to the area, I asked from the back of the procession if any of us were going to be lifting more than 50 lbs. Yes he replied. I told him I couldn't because I had a problem with my ovaries I had a docs note. He went through the ordeal of changing where everyone was and had me on top of a ladder. All I had to do was put 4 bolts in. As he's leading us back up the hall, he stops dead in his tracks and yells you got no ovaries!!! I replied yup! That's the problem........ For the 3.5 weeks before he got replaced he hated my guts.

IT'S LIFE! Ya just gotta have fun with it!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well did he share his deer steak breakfast with ya??
I too would have been mad at that "I don't speed for anyone" comment. Sounds like you had a real bad day and experience with that accident!

30 years ago I'm playing basketball at a local gym with a bunch of guys around my age in the evening. It was the day before Thanksgiving. Somebody's knee hit the outside of my lower knee HARD. Down I went. I slowly limped off the court to a chair. It started to swell up. A bunch of folks said "Brad, I think it's broken". I had my friend Tim take me home. He rented a room from me. Tim stated "Let's go the the E.R.... I think it's broken also Brad". I said "Naw, I think it's just bruised real bad". I went to bed at 8:00 pm and he headed for the local bar.

At about 5 AM I had to get up and head to the bathroom. I couldn't even stand on one leg and hop to the bathroom because it HURT so bad!!! So I sat on the edge of the bed and started to yell for Tim. I yelled and YELLED! His room is upstairs and way down the hallway. Finally Tim's at my door and say's what the hell do you want? I said my leg's broken... and I need help getting to the bathroom. He said "Walk!... it's only bruised". I said I couldn't I know it's broke now and I want to go the the E.R. now. He says "Hop on one leg" and I said I CAN'T! So he comes in and helps me to the bathroom. A minute later I'm done, open door and he's gone. Now I hear the microwave running and I yell for him. He's now pissed and helps me to the kitchen table.

I had to wait for him to cook a complete huge deer steak breakfast. Then shower and shave. Then clean up the breakfast dishes and pans. Now he's ready to go and I'm still sitting at the table. Pajama bottoms only, no shirt, no socks still is all I have on. I said "I'm not dressed and can't get back to the bedroom". So... he drags me back, throws some clothes at me and closes the door. I open the door again to get his help back out.... and there stands Beth a beautiful area girl. Tim walks back into house from starting the truck and there's Beth helping me to the table. Tim invites her to ride along to the E.R. with us because "Brad's leg is broke now". Sure she says "I'll get cleaned up". While she's upstairs getting around he fixes her some breakfast now.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there I sat with a broken leg (for sure) waiting for my "buddy" and his new found friend to get me to the E.R. Come to find out "they" didn't get back to my place till 2:30 am. Got to hospital at 8:00 am Thanksgiving morning. I too had to wait forever. Finally got a shot and a splint.... Murphy was horrible to me that time. Tim still swears... "It's just bruised!"

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A
Hey thanks lady.... The garage door and I never had a problem (me getting hurt). But my truck cab almost did.

Now... not "getting involved with home improvement projects".... That's all I do. And I don't usually ever get hurt. And if I do.... it's called experience. So if it sounds like I'm a walking, talking idiot and have a self destruct mentally... well it's not true. I do know what I'm doing (most times)... but... every now and then I do I dumbest thing(s) by accident and/or from being in a hurry. I'm just ratting myself out here on this thread as other "experts" are now doing!!!!! :occasion14:
I left my mister up on a roof once after I had moved the ladder to another location. Whoops.:tongue3:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well did he share his deer steak breakfast with ya??

Hell yes he did! (better have).... I shot the deer. I (at the time) shot professional archery. I taught MANY folks (Tim included) how to shoot/bow hunt. I had more fun setting them (new folks) up and watching them take their first deer then I ever did taking one myself. Yea.... I/we had a great breakfast of steak, spuds, coffee and eggs...!

I guess his point was.... He offered 9hrs. before because he thought it was broken, then went and partied uptown, hooked-up and then I YELLED FOR HELP later!!!! :laughing7:

I kid you not.... This girl was BEAUTIFUL, short night and I didn't/don't blame him for being mad then. Tim (at time) didn't know she used to live with me....!!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dear limitol ...tim wanted to take you to the er before he went out drinking ....but you said NO ...so in a way ---you brought it on yourself --because once folks drink well they tend to not give a damn about what "other folks" want ..esp if is a hottie chick wanting to give em some action but your throwing off his "game plan" because you didn't want to go to the er earlier like you should have..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread