OP
OP
A

apetastic

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2016
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger (I'm a newbie!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: If nails were worth something? I'd be rich!!! Like other posts mentioned you will hear the difference after a while. But what messed me up? was digging up deep coins or old nickels thinking it was just trash or a pop tab. So, I can't walk past anything unless I know for sure what it is! I dig it all. It bugs me to walk away, without digging, and thinking, "that might have been a gold coin?".:laughing7:

Right! I hear you. Again I'm new, but it does kill me a little bit inside to walk past something when it's beeping! I was detecting in my mom's yard after she gave it to me for Christmas and it was literally beeping with every swing I took. It was overwhelming and all I was getting was trash, so I turned the discrimination all the way up (I hadn't seen the videos or advice I have seen now) and only dug that way, but I still only pulled up trash. Looked like she had a gopher in her yard. hahaha. Just kidding. I did try to cut a nice plug, but I don't have the best tools yet. I was given one nylon plastic hand trowel and borrowed my sister's big shovel. Also no pinpointer. So I decided to take a break on digging in her yard until I get more appropriate tools for that type of job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions