Newbie looking to let others search for gold on my property in NC - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Newbie looking to let others search for gold on my property in NC

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Georgia Red

Mar 2013
    Valdosta, GA
    Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5 Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Xterra 305
    2355 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Newbie looking to let others search for gold on my property in NC

"It rubs the lotion on while kneeling down in the stream looking for gold" (dueling banjos in the background) I can see it now "Lambs Delivered Silently".

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWalterRaleigh View Post
    hey man, I live in Raleigh NC and have a group of guys that would probably be willing to come up for a weekend and and metal detect and check it out. Could we camp on your property and also metal detect? It's probably getting a little too cold to be in the water too much up there now but who knows!
    Absolutely!!! And there are more than enough places to camp. It's a bit wild but there are several areas that are clear enough to put up a tent.

P.m. me and let's see if you're interested in taking this a step further!

And feel free to ignore all of the homophobes out there, I'm a married man

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch88 View Post
    "It rubs the lotion on while kneeling down in the stream looking for gold" (dueling banjos in the background) I can see it now "Lambs Delivered Silently".
    The term stud muffin refers to a ladies man..

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    Let's hope you're a woman. Either way, this comment seems inappropriate to me. What exactly are you looking for?
    QUOTE]

Dang guys!!!! A little bit of humor and it gets twisted and warped. It sounds more like you're hoping for such a situation then thinking it could be..

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    What exactly are you looking for?
    Hmmmmm, tough one. What am I looking for huh? What a mystery that must be for you. I can't imagine where you would derive such information, I mean I left so much room for speculation.

Not like I opened up the thread with a STATEMENT about who I am and what I was looking for...

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2048 times
    Prospecting
    If there is flood gold that replenishes every so often you could build gold traps all along the waterway. Big rock riffles bars do alot to catch gold.
    If you have nuggets then buy a detector.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    If there is flood gold that replenishes every so often you could build gold traps all along the waterway. Big rock riffles bars do alot to catch gold.
    If you have nuggets then buy a detector.

I actually took an excavator and dug a big hole about 5 foot deep and 4 foot wide and it's been there for about six months. It's already filled in and is only a couple of feet deep now.

I also have these huge boulders and when I say huge I mean huge. Like three people good sit on it. Few feet across and fee feet wide.

I was thinking about taking my winch on my truck and putting some straps around it and moving those boulders to see what's underneath it. But I haven't even started looking yet at all. The first place I'll start is my bed rock that goes down into the creek, I need to see if anything has fallen in the cracks.

It's not a big Creek at all but at times it can be a pretty good water flow. For the most part it just rambles along but when it rains it can move at a pretty good pace. The creek average is about 6 foot wide and it's really shallow but has a few waterfalls air in there several feet high.

My main problem is I'm not educated to be able to tell what gold looks like in it's raw state much less rubies and emerald. Yes I could research this and learn but again I just don't have the time for it right now. I would rather someone who's well experienced and can look at a chunk of rock and identify it as an emerald ruby or gold. I just don't have a clue about any of that stuff.

If they made a detector that was only hit on gold, great. But from what I hear that just hasn't been invented yet!

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Just thought I would bump this back up to the top again, to see if anyoneís interested? Been well over a year since my last post. I did buy a new excavator, a Kubota KX 40 which would come in real handy for moving boulders and bigger rocks out of the way! Anyway, if somebody wants to put up a tent along the creek and camp out for a week or three, letís talk and see if we are a good match!
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3187 times
    Welcome aboard and good luck and good hunting.
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Mar 2004
    Severn, Maryland
    None
    3199 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheaperrooter View Post
    Just thought I would bump this back up to the top again, to see if anyone’s interested? Been well over a year since my last post. I did buy a new excavator, a Kubota KX 40 which would come in real handy for moving boulders and bigger rocks out of the way! Anyway, if somebody wants to put up a tent along the creek and camp out for a week or three, let’s talk and see if we are a good match!
    Here's a thought for you if it is Flour Gold. Stake down a wool Blanket in the stream bed late this fall. Wait until the spring rains have come and gone and pull up the blanket. The wool will trap the fine gold. Use a metal detector or just burn the blanket and pan the ashes. This "Trick" has been done for 100's of years, normally using Sheep Fleeces. They still do it in Turkey. Just a thought for you.
    dirtdigginfool likes this.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, Simplex, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    788 times
    Relic Hunting
    you start by looking for black sand or buckshot (it is often white because it corrodes.) when you find either of those dig out the sand and gravel and pan them. If you find some fine gold particles then advance on with your plans. If you don't find an fine gold particles then you likely don't have a gold bearing stream on your property.

have fun panning.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by audigger53 View Post
    Here's a thought for you if it is Flour Gold. Stake down a wool Blanket in the stream bed late this fall. Wait until the spring rains have come and gone and pull up the blanket. The wool will trap the fine gold. Use a metal detector or just burn the blanket and pan the ashes. This "Trick" has been done for 100's of years, normally using Sheep Fleeces. They still do it in Turkey. Just a thought for you.
    Wow! Great idea! I like But you threw me when you said metal detector, as my understanding is thereís not one that will specifically target gold, but a mixture of many other metals, which makes it hard if not to impossible to differentiate it? Does that still hold true, as has been many moons since Iíve owned one!!!

Still, because of my lifestyle and being a full-time caretaker of a sick wife itís very difficult for me to get out there and do anything. Iíd much rather someone else come along and try!!!

us
    Can you dig it.

Dec 2016
    NH
    Equinox 600 - Garrett AT MAX & ProPointer AT------- Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tesoro Mojave, Wilson C&R 4
    1168 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Id like to come next year and would like to spend a week there. Im sorry to hear about your wife. She comes first. Dont worry about staying in touch frequently, I think most of us would understand. In the mean time. keep us updated on any new details.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, Simplex, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    788 times
    Relic Hunting
    I have considerable experience hunting gold in north ga so I will share my experience. 1st step are you in gold country? has anyone found gold in your creek upstream or down stream?

typically in north ga, gold can only be found between two major faults that determine the gold area. you can move 100 feet to the west or east of this gold belt and not find gold and no gold has ever been found.

you need to learn to read your creek and find the drop line in the creek. It is not on the inside bend that erodes the bank but on the other side where gravel is accumulated. dig about 1-3 feet from the water in the gravel belt until you get to bedrock.

do more research. why let others do it when you can learn to do it. that is if your creek is in a gold belt or gem area. some other person with knowledge and skill could come in and wipe you out. once creek gold is gone it is basically gone for 10 to 15 thousand years. Gold gets in creeks erosion. stones with gold are washed down from either hillside and the gold bearing stones are worn and crushed by the high water and gold drops out and goes down to bedrock cracks or clay. that is pretty much the dynamics of southern gold deposits in creeks and rivers.

good luck.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pulltabfelix View Post
    I have considerable experience hunting gold in north ga so I will share my experience. 1st step are you in gold country? has anyone found gold in your creek upstream or down stream?

typically in north ga, gold can only be found between two major faults that determine the gold area. you can move 100 feet to the west or east of this gold belt and not find gold and no gold has ever been found.

you need to learn to read your creek and find the drop line in the creek. It is not on the inside bend that erodes the bank but on the other side where gravel is accumulated. dig about 1-3 feet from the water in the gravel belt until you get to bedrock.

do more research. why let others do it when you can learn to do it. that is if your creek is in a gold belt or gem area. some other person with knowledge and skill could come in and wipe you out. once creek gold is gone it is basically gone for 10 to 15 thousand years. Gold gets in creeks erosion. stones with gold are washed down from either hillside and the gold bearing stones are worn and crushed by the high water and gold drops out and goes down to bedrock cracks or clay. that is pretty much the dynamics of southern gold deposits in creeks and rivers.

good luck.
    Trust me, if it could be done I would be doing it But Iíve been here three years and I havenít gotten around to it yet as I have explained the many reasons! This has nothing to do with the education of how to do it. Appreciate the advice but Iíve already done that and can say there is at least a possibility of gold yes. Not to mention the TONS of rubies, sapphires, etc. that I couldnít spot if it was sticking in front of my face. A rockhound would also be a great person to come out here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links