Newbie looking to let others search for gold on my property in NC - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Newbie looking to let others search for gold on my property in NC

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21561 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Do you have mineral rights on your property??
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SultansOfSwing View Post
    Id like to come next year and would like to spend a week there. Im sorry to hear about your wife. She comes first. Dont worry about staying in touch frequently, I think most of us would understand. In the mean time. keep us updated on any new details.
    Is it next year yet?

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by against the wind View Post
    Do you have mineral rights on your property??
    I’m 99% sure. In North Carolina the mineral rights automatically come with the land unless they reserve it but they have to announce that with a special form at closing and I don’t remember anything like that happening! And even if it doesn’t, I’m so remote nobody would ever know anyway lol

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21561 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well Spring is right around the corner. I wish Good luck and Good Weather your way.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Apr 2016
    12 times
    After checking I do have mineral rights. In actuality I probably have a much better chance of finding gemstones as they are way more popular but identifying what they look like in their raw state amongst the millions of other rocks in my creek I think one will have to be an expert.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Bumped with an update!

I had somebody come out for a look-see and pick ONE single spot, on a gravel bed, dug down, and after ONE pan, looked fairly excited and said there was a lot of black sand (meaningless to me) and pulled up a small gold flake! (Meaningful to me)

Here is the problem to anyone that’s interested. I’ve only got another couple weeks and then I’m gone and this house is going to be owned by someone else.

So if anyone is interested in a partnership NOW is the time while I own it!!! And maybe I’ll change my mind and KEEP IT!

Mar 2016
    3524 times
    Cheaperrooter..you might consider reserving the mineral rights when you sell it.
    Then come up once a year to do some mining..or at least get a share of the profits if someone else wanted to mine it.

I know people that reserved right to things such as water, mineral, grazing, timber, ect when they sold.

Sounds like it may be too late for that.

I have to wonder why someone would take a pan down to the creek and wash a single pan of gravel from one spot...get excited then leave without trying a couple different spots??
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jul 29, 2019 at 07:34 PM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    May 2014
    Cumberland, VA
    White's coinmaster pro Garrett at pro Equinox 600
    174 times
    Anywhere I can find coins
    I cant believe none of you are jumping on this opportunity

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    34967 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    It was once owned by Jacob Waltz

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Cheaperrooter..you might consider reserving the mineral rights when you sell it.
    Then come up once a year to do some mining..or at least get a share of the profits if someone else wanted to mine it.

I know people that reserved right to things such as water, mineral, grazing, timber, ect when they sold.

Sounds like it may be too late for that.

I have to wonder why someone would take a pan down to the creek and wash a single pan of guravel from one spot...get excited then leave without trying a couple different spots??
    You make it sound like it was THEIR choice LOL! It was me. I didn’t get a good feeling about the person. Showed up with no announcement, knocking on the door, horrible timing for me as I was in the middle of packing to go out of town and leaving in the next hour.

Really pissed me off as it took a long time to find somebody and they had my number and I am not the easiest house to haphazardly come across. I’m buried in the mountains on 25 plus acres. Not to contact me before coming was just stupid!!!

Mainly however was not putting out good vibes, etc. etc. simply my gut feeling, hairs on the back of the neck, blah blah. It just didn’t seem right and I told them I would get back with him.

The house is being given up, back to the bank but it doesn’t have to be if there is color here!!!
    Last edited by Cheaperrooter; Jul 31, 2019 at 05:43 PM.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug H View Post
    I cant believe none of you are jumping on this opportunity
    Can’t figure out if you’re being facetious or not! LOL. People who do this I’m assuming are looking for LEGAL places to find gold. I don’t understand myself why somebody wouldn’t jump on this offer!

Mar 2016
    3524 times
    I guess I'm just confused. A 10 year old can lean how to pan well enough with a $10 pan and 10 minutes of instruction to find color.

2 years later and you still don't know if there is color on your property?

This might sound bad, but it sounds like your waiting to win the lottery or have some stranger discover a small fortune of gold on your property.

I apologize if age or disability is a factor..your initial message didn't elude to anything like that.

If you can walk to the creek, grab your pan and find out for yourself.

If not, make the best of your situation. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Aug 02, 2019 at 07:59 AM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    I guess I'm just confused. A 10 year old can lean how to pan well enough with a $10 pan and 10 minutes of instruction to find color.

2 years later and you still don't know if there is color on your property?

This might sound bad, but it sounds like your waiting to win the lottery or have some stranger discover a small fortune of gold on your property.

I apologize if age or disability is a factor..your initial message didn't elude to anything like that.

If you can walk to the creek, grab your pan and find out for yourself.

If not, make the best of your situation. Good luck to you.
    But it did allude that I take care of my wife full-time who DOES have a disability. Trust me, sometimes that’s worse! It’s a 24/7 job and I suspect she won’t be around much longer.

Just seems shitty to me to spend any of her last moments “panning for gold” instead of being by her side. That’s how I feel even if a bit corny.

And no need to apologize I took no offense
    Last edited by Cheaperrooter; Aug 03, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

Mar 2016
    3524 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheaperrooter View Post
    But it did allude that I take care of my wife full-time who DOES have a disability. Trust me, sometimes that’s worse! It’s a 24/7 job and I suspect she won’t be around much longer.

Just seems shitty to me to spend any of her last moments “panning for gold” instead of being by her side. That’s how I feel even if a bit corny.

And no need to apologize I took no offense
    I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have your priorities right.

Apr 2016
    12 times
    I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have your priorities right.
    Not a problem my friend I know you meant no harm. And I know on the surface it seems ridiculous. But you have to understand there’s 1 million projects like that. Trees falling down, things happening, upkeep of the house, driveway and property. When you have 30 acres in the mountains trust me the projects are simply never ending.

I’m one man who is 60 years old and the few moments I do have to be outside and can leave her side, it HAS/HAD to be utility type stuff. Maintaining the home amd such.

Plus a major thing for you to factor is I didn’t know there was gold here or not, so it may have been a waste of time. This information I received is new, like in the last three weeks and so yes I am more excited now but NOW add in the fact that we’re moving and packing up boxes as you can imagine...Plus it’s not just gold it’s gemstones and that takes a lot of experience to recognize in its raw form!

In other words it was simply viewed as a hobby and an open invitation for people to come out. It was never viewed as getting rich, at least up until now!!! It’s easy to read a post like this and try to look at it very simplistically and in black-and-white form, but life doesn’t really work like that

However to be honest I absolutely give up with this website. For some reason I can’t figure out, I thought people would jump at the opportunity to come out to 30 acres with a half mile long Creek, untouched by human hands, buried between two mountains with tons of bed rock and gravel beds and waterfalls, with an excavator on site to move heavy objects, but I guess not. I guess people have all the legal property they need to go out and put up a tent and take gold off the land for the next six months!

Most people just answered sarcastically. A couple showed minor interest. And I’m sure everyone else thinks there must be something up, this can’t be real, if it looks too good to be true... in either case I’m tired of pissing around here. It is what it is and this is not what I do. It’s not my expertise. And I learned a long time ago to let people do what they know well and I’ll do what I know well.

For one reason or another the people here were not the breed and caliber of people I thought they were! Personally I find it amazing that people here are trying to find a treasure, gold or valuables. And yet when an opportunity slaps them in the face, they are too busy trying to find out what’s wrong with it, instead of what’s right with it!
    Last edited by Cheaperrooter; Aug 03, 2019 at 08:20 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links