USA: Discovery Of 9th Century Quranic Manuscripts Predate Columbus Travels By Five Ce

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...interesting. Does this mean the world is not flat?

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
world news daily report is a complete joke akin to the national enquirer.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
USA: Discovery Of 9th Century Quranic Manuscripts Predate Columbus Travels By...

Oh that news source comes out with all kinds of rubbish. That said, I'm sure countries and peoples back then were a lot like us detectorists and relic hunters today - We don't give away our sites or tell anyone. Quiet is better, mostly

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty impressive that the natives of Rhode Island traveled to the Middle East and returned with these goods. Stout fellows!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
world news daily report is a complete joke akin to the national enquirer.

Oh that news source comes out with all kinds of rubbish. ...

Then this is just a testament to people's innate desire to gravitate towards conspiracy theories, odd stories, shakeups, etc..... Anything that challenges conventional "must be true". And is believed : Lest I be "left out". So any challenges are given 10x the credence. While anything conventional is a part of the "coverup". Yup, sure.

This psychology is why National Enquirer rags are easy sells in the supermarket line.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This psychology is why National Enquirer rags are easy sells in the supermarket line.

I haven't bought one in years! Danged things are like $5.00 an issue now :(

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't bought one in years! Danged things are like $5.00 an issue now :(

If you have a library card you likely can read them online for free. Just check to see if your library participates in the Zinio online magazine library. If they do, there are more than a hundred monthly magazines available absolutely free.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe there's much truth to the article cited. There's tons of theories and speculation about Old World explorers in the New World before Columbus. Appears to be valid evidence of the Vikings here before Columbus. The truth of the matter is that all kinds of boats were in existence that could have made a trans-atlantic (or maybe pacific) voyage before Columbus. Whether the crew could have survived it and arrived here with the boat is another matter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread