Chances of finding gold nuggets with my whites eagle spectrum?

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
able_walker said:
Have a late 80's eagle spectrum in perfect condition.Still a quality detector? Looking to go check out some old gold hunting spots here in British Columbia.Do you think this detector would be okay and are sandbars and old mines the best way to go?

Any machine can find gold. Your odds raise when the machine can handle the condition that gold is normally found in. Such as highly mineralized ground for one. And a machine that can identify common iron so you can pass it up.

OP
OP
able_walker

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Has detector technology advance alot in the last 18 years or so? My White's has a "gold and prospecting"setting which I guess would be the way to go,I'm pretty sure it was the top of the line white's when I bought it.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
able_walker said:
Has detector technology advance alot in the last 18 years or so? My White's has a "gold and prospecting"setting which I guess would be the way to go,I'm pretty sure it was the top of the line white's when I bought it.

The short answer is yes, technology has jumped forward quite a bit in the last 18 years.... But thats not a real problem for you... I have a friend who uses the Spectrum and he does just fine with it. Again, I recommend the riverbanks and such because the amount of discarded mining equipment, the unsafe conditions, etc etc in a mine are not worth the time or effort in my opinion, but the riverbank should be lots o' fine! GL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread