MD vs gold MD : need help

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
Being relatively new to nugget hunting can anyone explain the difference in a gold detector vs. a standard detector like the WBH-ID that I currently have. I have had people tell me that I need the gold detector for nuggets. your assistance will be sincerely apreciated...alumaDan

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
It has to do with radio frequency's, and it's real long to explane throughly. So go to this link and study it, then get back to us.

I use the Gold Bug 2 , the most sensitive machine on the market for small gold.

http://www.akmining.com/mine/detgold.htm

Oh, I want to give Mr. Steve Herschbach all the credit for his brilliant writings including the one at the link above.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
bill gent said:
the dual freq MD's are up for the task think its the lower frequency that can find it

The higher frequency, the more sensitive the machine is to small gold. The Gold Bug 2 is rated at 71 kHz, the highest frequency for any gold machine on the market.

T

TreasureTales

Get a Tesoro Super Lobo Traq and then you can find anything metallic -- relics, gold, coins, and pulltabs. I highly recommend the machine and have had mine for over 8 years. Great machine from a great company, IMO. I know there are some detectorists who need/want a separate machine dedicated to each segment of treasure hunting (nuggetshooting, coinshooting, relic recovery), but a single great machine can be less expensive and more productive in the long run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread