Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think such verbage automatically forbids md'ing ? If you leave no trace of your presence (cover, stomp, and ruffle your spots), then you have not defacED, alterED, or destroyED anything, right ? If someone doesn't agree with those semantics, then pick lower traffic times to avoid running into such kill-joys

Never said it automatically forbids metal detecting. I stated that they could use the "cut" part to toss you from any field their precious rugrats were using for recreation, that's all.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Never said it automatically forbids metal detecting. I stated that they could use the "cut" part to toss you from any field their precious rugrats were using for recreation, that's all.

ok, gotcha. And you're right: Someone could use those clauses to boot you or I. Agreed. But I won't go out of my way to ask first "does this apply to me?". Lest I bump into someone's whimsical "safe answer". Who perhaps would never have given it a moment's thought beforehand.

Sometimes in this hobby you have to have a tough skin. For manicured turf anyhow. And just face the fact that you're an odd-ball eye-magnet. And that not everyone will love and adore you. Wish that wasn't true, but I've come to face it. And avoid those certain people as best I can. :)

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just face the fact that you're an odd-ball eye-magnet. And that not everyone will love and adore you. Wish that wasn't true, but I've come to face it. And avoid those certain people as best I can.

Yes, I do notice that parents steer their kids away from me when I detect! LOL!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I do notice that parents steer their kids away from me when I detect! LOL!

I wish they would in my area! I hate when the rugrats come running up, trying to grab my detector, grab the target out of the hole while I'm digging. I appreciate the curiosity, but most who do this have been taught ZERO manners.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they would in my area! I hate when the rugrats come running up, trying to grab my detector, grab the target out of the hole while I'm digging. I appreciate the curiosity, but most who do this have been taught ZERO manners.

I had one such rat jumping in my holes when I would take a scoop while the mom just kind of sat there watching. I played along with him for a couple holes but was quickly ready for him to scram! It got so bad he almost stuck his hand in front of my scoop once and I told him I heard his mom calling him! He said "I don't hear anything". I told him I had bionic hearing and she really wanted him to go to her. Of course she had wandered back up to the towel line and was oblivious to him pestering the hell out of me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread