JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I let the excitement of going on a new hunt get the better of me got permission to go to an old stamp mill where rocks where smashed in the search for gold to get to this i had to hike through heavy brush and it was thick with poison oak and me and poison oak don't mix I'm extremely sensitive to it but I decided to forge on just was so excited to have a new hunt but I payed for it I am covered in poison oak rash and for me it weeps and blisters bad it's so bad I can't sleep or do too much of anything it really isn't worth it to me take it from me don't like excitement get the better of you I'm wishing I didn't go on that hunt I'm completely miserable

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold fever can be a evil thing. Feel better! :skullflag:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you boil manzanita leaves then after it cools wash down with that water it will help extremely.Sounds weird but it does work.Also calamine lotion.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Zanfel. Only thing that nutralizes poison ivy, oak, sumac. Totally works I swear. But relief comes with a price. You'll never regret it.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone my reaction is pretty bad I'll show you for those who don't want to see ignore the pictures

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arm is so swollen I can't move it much

Attachments

• 1464143488944.jpg
    1464143488944.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 100
  • 1464143549985.jpg
    1464143549985.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 1464143579754.jpg
    1464143579754.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 1464143651614.jpg
    1464143651614.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so bad I can't sleep because the blisters pop and way too much oozing

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your misery. Been there. Take Benydryl capsules too.
Bless your little pea pickin heart...

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've taken some but nothing seems to be helping just going to be miserable for a week or two

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get it much, if I touch it and can wash it off within an hour or so I generally don't get any. You might try taking wet wipes with you next time, that might help prevent some of it. Does Benadryl work for that?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I've taken some but nothing seems to be helping just going to be miserable for a week or two

35 dollars and instant relief, or suffer for a few weeks....lol.

There is a very good reason our special forces all use it. I'm telling everyone....it's the best product bar none.

The inventor is from my state. It's been locally available for years.

Or suffer....:BangHead:

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to get some but couldn't find it

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd order amazon and get it there overnight. It is seriously worth it

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
35 dollars and instant relief, or suffer for a few weeks....lol.

There is a very good reason our special forces all use it. I'm telling everyone....it's the best product bar none.

The inventor is from my state. It's been locally available for years.

Or suffer....:BangHead:

My old man swears by that stuff... VERY PRICY... at least for an over the counter drug/ointment.

Call your local CVS or Walgreens, they should have it. Probably hidden in a locked cabinet somewhere.

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I caught a deer at boy scout camp when I was a kid, I woke up in the morning with my eyes swollen shut, had poison oak all over my body, my friend had it EVERYWHERE, luckily missed a patch, he went and got a shot, my parents had no medical so I just had to deal, lots of calamine lotion.

S

stefen

Several of my neighbors were helping to clear a wilderness horse trail and one fellow became violently ill from poison sumac.

Weeks later after he healed, he would have a rash breakout on his body wherever he sweated...on his back, under arms, and the like.

They found that its had become blood born and was a problem for about 6 months...

Not sure of the medical treatment but this was the most miserable SOB I'd ever witnessed.

I do know that he got rid of all his clothes and boots and washed his saddle and tack, and had his horse washed and rebedded.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor my arms is so swelled I can't move it much I think I have what I think they call systematic poison oak reaction which means it's gone deeper than just my skin swelling in all kinds of places red patches all over tons of blisters and weeping rashes this is the most misery I've been in in my whole life

S

stefen

Y'ALL HEARD OF THE MUMPS GOING DOWN ON YA...WELL WAIT TILL YOU'RE PACKIN YUR PRIVATES IN ICE...

DEM WATERMELONS WILL BE BURSTIN FORTH...

THAT'S WHAT'S KNOWN AS CRITICAL MASS...

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My old man swears by that stuff... VERY PRICY... at least for an over the counter drug/ointment.

Call your local CVS or Walgreens, they should have it. Probably hidden in a locked cabinet somewhere.

My wife will swear by it too. She suffered for 4 days, trying every home remedy and gaining only temporary relief... until she stopped pinching her pennies and took my advice. 2 minutes no itching. 2 hours much reduced swelling. Gone within days.

They do keep it behind the counter at the pharmacist. You have to ask for it. If they don't carry it locally demand they do. Or wait until they wise up when that is all everyone uses.

They did a feature on the guy who created it in the local tv news some years back. Brilliant, honest guy and his product works as advertised. His marketing looks like a 10 year olds lemonade stand sign, but that's his admitted gimmick. He lets the product speak for itself. I don't know why it's so expensive, but when you're swollen like a soft over ripe grapefruit and losing your sanity from intense constant itching... any price, just name it.

With a 10 year shelf life, I keep two ounces in the emergency supplies at all times! Zanfel. Get it and never suffer from poison crap again.

They have a website. Not sure of posting links.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions