proud grandpa

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, you can see her interview on Pa. Homepage sports wbre tv. Highlights are posted some times on you tube. Look for Kingston/forty fort little league on the tube,,,,,Joe McDonough

Today is for all the marbles, championship game at 5:30 vs Plains.

Ok kids here are the results of tonight's championship game for Region 5 Kingston Forty Fort 12 Plains 8.
The so-called star of KFF abandoned the team before the game and Akira was ruled ineligible to pitch because her pitch count on her win Saturday was too high.
So Akira did it with her bats and at bats. She started the game with a RBI double, her second at bat was another RBI double, her third at bat she was hit by a pitch and came around to score.
Her fourth at bat was a walk to load the bases, her last at bat was a walk for another RBI.
Luke played a great game at third and in the district 31 championship Akira recorded the last out, Luke recorded the last out in the district 32 championship. Truly wonderful.
Perfect 9-0 in all star play.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great write-ups in the Times leader and citizens voice newspapers from Wilkes Barre. Play for the state championship starts sunday.

A correction in my report on the game, Akira had two doubles scored 3 rune drove in one run, 5 at bats 5 times on base.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boys and girls on sunday at 12:00 Kingston forty fort will face off against Hollidaysburg in the first game of the Pa. State Championship. I believe Akira will be the starting pitcher. Hollidaysburg is a strong hitting team with excellent pitching.

I will report on the game when I get back from the stadium(Christy Mathewson Stadium).....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Coilygirl, I believe she will be pitching on sunday for a state championship. It is a week long tournament and time will tell how she does.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay boys and girls, game 1 of the Pa. state championships is complete. Final score KFF 18 Hollidaysburg 2. Akira Kopec was masterful on the mound pitching 3 complete innings before being hit in the face with a fast ball in the top of the fourth.
Akira's first at bat was a double, second at bat was a pop out, third at bat was a 3 run home run deep to left. Her fourth at bat she was hit square in the face and had to leave the game. Akira's brother Luke went 3-4 at the plate and scored many times.

Highlights will be on WBRE tv sports tonight. You can watch them on your computer at 6 o'clock. I need a beer!.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen any video yet on local tv, the best write-up is in the citizens voice newspaper, well worth the read.....Joe McDonough

Team Manager Joe Evan's comments on a play made by Akira, "It's Unbelievable", It was a line drive by their star hitter, as hard as he could hit it right back at Akira, the shot knocks Akira's glove off her hand, she picks up the ball and throws out the runner at home plate!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go boys and girls, Kingston forty fort defeated North Allegheny 11-2 tonight in the semi-finals state championship. OMG! Will play Wednesday night against upper providence.

If they win Wednesday they will be in the final championship game,

Details as I get them.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O K boys and girls, last night Kingston Forty fort played Upper Providence. Upper Providence won 6-3 giving KFF their first loss in the state championships,
That leaves KFF tied for second place in the State. They have a chance to take second by themselves Friday with a win. If they win they will play Upper Providence for the title but must beat them twice.

The newspaper reports state that Akira crushed two homeruns to straight away center field in the game, first in the fourth inning to tie the game at 2-2, the second in the sixth inning making the score 6-3.
Offense from KFF was scarce on Wednesday night. I believe Akira will pitch on Friday to get them to the championship game.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS Don if you g o to the Citizens Voice report on the game they have a video of Akira's first home run to center field.....Joe

Kingston forty fort will play N. ALLEGHENY TODAY , last time they played KFF won 18-2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Boys and Girls, final attempt for Kingston Forty Fort to get to the pa. State championship. I'll make this short, Akira pitched until the bottom of the sixth inning, ran out her pitch count and had to be relieved on the mound,
Akira left the mound with a two run lead one out and no one on base. All Kingston Forty Fort had to do the be in the championship game was get two outs. One relieve pitcher comes in and gives up two singles, next relieve pitcher comes in and gives up a three run home run.....Game over. Akira handed Kingston Forty Fort the victory with a two run lead and they blew it. The Manager called it "Gut Wrenching, We Had it right there"

Kingston forty fort ends up # three in the state.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay boys and girls, new day new start for Akira and Luke. Both will play for MVP sports academy travel ball. Every weekend in September and October they will play somewhere in the northeast, Pa. Maryland, new jersey, delaware, new York etc.
This is always the very best against the very best, I can't wait.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay boys and girls, 5002 hits, I want to thank everyone who visited this thread, travel ball starts soon and I will be reporting the results as I get them, best wishes to everyone.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kace, I hope you enjoy the ride, it's going to be very exciting.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go boys and girls, first travel tournament game starts saturday, my daughter tells me the teams look great and are ready to play.....Joe McDonough

the tournament will be in Reading Pa. if anyone wants to see Akira and Luke play. I hope some of you folks get it out if you can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boys and girls, MVP sports academy took it on the chin at the Patriot's day tournament in Reading Pa. Luke's team 12U went 1-1-1, Luke pitched sunday and was blowing everybody away with his fast ball.
Akira's team 13U went 0-2-1. Akira pitched sunday allowing two unearned runs(errors). She faced a very good team from New York and they had a 6'2" power hitter. Akira struck out the big guy three straight times.
Akira's mother said the kids father was livid! On to the next tournament this weekend.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go Boys and Girls, Luke had the weekend off. Akira pitched in New Jersey against Team Mizuno Black, complete game win 96 pitches, 7-4. Akira also had an RBI.
I don't know if this is the same team, maybe someone can find out, but Team mizuno N.E. was invited to the world championship this year.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon Boys and Girls, Akira and Luke will be playing this weekend in Chester N.Y. Frozen Ropes tournament" Strike out Leukemia". I hope some of you in the area get a chance to see them play.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go boys and girls, scant information on the games from my daughter, just some highlights.
Akira pitched Sunday against the Richmond Titans and won 14-3. Akira also had 5 RBI'S on the weekend so she hit the ball great.
Luke had his first Travel Ball homerun, a shot 250' to deep center field. That's all I got from Akira's mother.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread