So you think you bought a new metal detector.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought i bought one a Garrett sea hunter Mark ii.
First off i took pictures as i opened the box. The hand grip had a tear in it were the headphones rubbed against it.
I called him ant told him about it and that the metal plates used to hold the detector box to the handle look used.
And that the detector when i swing it seemed to flop side to side.
He said you live in Minnesota and what was i doing buying a pulse induction detector for and i should get
a vlf detector for water hunting. I guess i thought it would work.
Than he wanted to know what the little tag on the side of the box said. It had some numbers and detector name on it.
He say that Garrett sometimes sends them rebuilt detectors or something like that.
He told me to send it back for a full refund.
I didn't keep the picture of the damaged handle but look at the metal plates all scuffed up and a long scratch on the bottoms. DSCF2162.JPG DSCF2165.JPG DSCF2163.JPG DSCF2159.JPG They looked used to me and how many of you are getting screwed? I bough a detector a few years ago that the battery pack light s didn't work a the box had sandy grit in it and i looked into the shaft and i could see dirt or redish stuff that i thought was from the desert in africa . I sent that back to for a full refund.
So if things just don't seem right with your detector send it back right away.

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might have been a detector someone bought, didn't like and returned and the place you got it from was selling it as new in box. If you're not happy with it then I'd send it back. All my machines I bought used except my deus, so I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread