Bank Teller Coin Arranger

SeniorCitizen

Aug 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the forum and notice hunting antiques is acceptable, even though they weren't under the surface. As for under the surface I do have a detector and will be asking you experts about that later.

But for now has anyone ever seen or owned one of these?

I live in NW Oklahoma and have this item I purchased at auction in a small town several years ago. It looks to be made to set on the counter and holds pennies, dimes, nickles, quarters, fifty cent pieces and silver dollars. There is a copper tag attached that reads Levey Bros. Banking Services Indianapolis Indiana. There are numbered aluminum strips that tell the number of coins in the stack.

Attachments

• coin changer 2013.jpg
    coin changer 2013.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a cool find! All of the ones around here nowdays are made of plastic and only hold up to the newer small dollars - no silver dollars or halves.

Maybe someone else will have some info on this.

...Oh, welcome to Tnet!! :laughing7:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
First, welcome aboard SeniorCitizen, there are a number of us old guys and gals that post on here, so you are amongst your peers. Regarding your question, yes, I have seen these in use, in the bank, back when we still had four bit pieces in circulation, and those were made of silver. But I can also remember 12 cent movies and nickle cokes. Yup, the good old days when for a penny you could get a wad of bubble gum you could hardly get your mouth over. Back when those coin things were being used I had an A model Ford coup, and you could get 6 kids into it, if 4 of them were girls. Thanks for the memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread