Any fishermen out there? What are the odds of this happening - anywhere?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Now she's known around the hood as Lisa 'Fish-Lips' Lobree.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm flabbergasted...... I was going to comment with a joke......but, instead I'm trying to stop laughing.... NOW that is a Fish story!

GTB

Jul 21, 2016
Cape Coral,Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dropped by a bird? A bird with arthritis in it's talons of course.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This does happen!! I was sunning on a rock on a lake a few years back and heard a commotion on the water behind me. When I turned to look there was a young bald eagle rising off the lake with about a three pound largemouth bass in it's claws. I watched as the eagle flew up toward and over a high ridge and was surprised to see the fish fall from about 60 feet over the hill. The eagle did not fly down to retrieve the bass. There is a trail along the ridge and I couldn't help laughing wondering if there were any hikers on the trail to see a fish fall from the sky.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Poor fish...that was a bad day for him all around.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dad had a small black cat named "Boots". The cat lived outside on their large deck but ventured into the woods now and then. Boots came up missing for 2 days. Then dad called and said come on down here son. Boots was back on the deck but was having trouble walking and was obviously hurting. Something was wrong with her hind quarters on both sides. Boots went to the vet. A few hours later the vet called and said boots had talon holes on both back quarters. He said an owl, hawk or eagle had probably swooped down, grabbed Boots and took off. He stated the cat had probably launched a mid-air battle and "won" but we dropped into the forest canopy. The cat made a full recovery and is now 16 y/o still living on the deck with the new owners.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread