Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, trees in the middle of a well groomed lawn, as we ALL know, look a lot like deer. Some dumbbell put a bullet in it about 7' off the ground, due to the rain, the sap is pouring out of the hole. It's a 70' tall thornless honey locust.

Hope it feels better soon. Hope I don't catch the morons shooting this close to a house or they're going to have a police visit.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be happy that you or your family members or pets did not get shot. Hope for the best for the tree.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were so many shots in the valley here Thanksgiving night, I was almost at the point of panic. Then it got dark.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Put a large screw in the hole and it should quit bleeding soon.
Better than a screw, try to find a piece of honey locust wood, make a peg the size of the hole, hammer it in and trim off the excess. The tree will grow around it as though it is a dead limb.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one like that. It was in the middle of my sheep pasture!

Some bozo shot down the 15' wide driveway beside my barn and along the garden fence from the road about 40 yards and dead-centered the tree. Happily no sheep were injured.

I'd either drive a peg as kcm suggested or a squirt of silicone caulk, or a dallop of roof asphalt. The tree will absorb the wound.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. One of the majority of New York State red counties hundreds of miles from NYC (happily).

This part of NY
HPIM0315.jpg

This is ma'barn.

ef62416d.jpg

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to practice a little Botany put a live branch from another type of tree in the hole so it grafts to the tree with the hole and you can have a unique tree in your yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread