OT/ I Raarely Do This BUUUTTT My Pet Peeve here ---

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pet peeve here is that when I try to answer a Post I do so because I truly like to help folks out. Thing is I have re ently had situations where the person I try to help out does not even take the time to respond back. Especially if I ask the person to respond because I may need some further info to assist the person better. Also it is when the person comes online and myself and others respond and We never hear from the person again EVER. To me that is just plain rude and ignorant. Have any of you Folks had the same experiences?? I await. Thanks. PEACE:RONB :icon_scratch:

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Appreciate the help. Heck the info you gave on my finds is awesome! Keep it up, Don't let the few ruin it for everyone:icon_thumleft:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate you helping the noobs.

Noobs! You'd better recognize! :nono:

:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Ron, I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone take the time to become a member, post a question, and then never EVER log back in again! Maybe they "do" come back sometimes without logging in, which means they could get their answer, but would be unable to leave a reply, like "Thank you." It just comes with the territory.

It's an annoyance, yes, but it won't stop you from helping people, in the same way that having a bust day with the MD won't stop you from swinging. Hang in there buddy!! :occasion14:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Saying thanks is kind of rare these days. So much so, I take notice when someone thanks me.
Maybe people these days just expect something for nothing. Maybe it's winter.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barker
I replied, and PM you
I wont comment as I've been attacked multiple time for a negative response or even a simple response to a post
I'm now afraid or seriously think about submitting a response
That's why I have a small quantity of posts / reply's
oops, I guess I just commented on your very valid post - I concur
Brady

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
In these times it is normal, its like those kids you shoot during Halloween with a tazer who can not say thank you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many that ask for help are new and may not know how to use the like button or feel they owe anyone a courteous thank you. This is the "ME" generation (it's all about me) As a matter of fact, the universe rotates around them, or so they think As you can see many sign up just to post a pic to see what the value is for something they found, inherited, or just had laying around their house and then you never see them again.

I see many get into this hobby and get bitten with the bug, but soon after they hunt the local parks and schools to death they quit rather than go the route of permissions. I also recognize that many members who have been on Tnet 3 or more years only post their finds and comment on their threads and do not give a second thought about participating in others posts.

I like those who freely participate in the forum. For the posts of those who do not actively participate I give them the respect of liking their post, but seldom comment on them. What comes around, goes around.

I invest my time on those who also invest their time.

Glad you got this off your chest Barker. :icon_thumright:

All you can do is be true to you. :hello2:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Yup,thing is I did not name any single person or type of person. I kept it as general as possible. I think it is the first time I have ever Posted anything like that but it just really got my goat.I just got sick of it and I'll Post about it again. To me it is just flat out Rude & Arrogant. What got me was a guy came online here and asked for help with a certain situation. I walked him through it step by step. Then I needed a bit more info which I asked him for. Next thing I know I get a PM from him telling me to shut up; from this clown. In the old days I would have decked him for sure. Today I enjoy helping folks out any way I can.
Folks; If your gonna Post asking for help at least have the courtesy to respond in some manner so We here know how to deal with you. Our initial response here is to help folks if We can because We are good people here but if you act like an Arrogant idiot then please save yourself & Us the time to respond to you. You know who you are. I hope EVERYONE here reads this. I'm NOT afraid to call a book a book & if your a jackass I'll call you on it right here for ALL to see ok. So PLEASE think BEFORE you Post. Thank You. PEACE:RONB

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a lot of rudeness in general on every forum I've been on. Sometimes a person will make a post and get grief for one reason or another from the forum members and other times, the forum members try to be helpful and get a raft full from the person making the post. It goes both ways, I guess... but, yeah, I hear you.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel ya Barker....
It's happened to me a few times....
The one that pissed me off the most, was a guy looking for an ID for an autograph on an old Green Bay Packer hat.
I spent an hour looking through the Packers roster, matching them with football cards, training camp invitees, etc....
I 100% nailed it, an obscure player that nobody ever heard of.....except for maybe a diehard packerbacker.....
And what did I get? Crickets.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel ya Barker....
It's happened to me a few times....
The one that pissed me off the most, was a guy looking for an ID for an autograph on an old Green Bay Packer hat.
I spent an hour looking through the Packers roster, matching them with football cards, training camp invitees, etc....
I 100% nailed it, an obscure player that nobody ever heard of.....except for maybe a diehard packerbacker.....
And what did I get? Crickets.

:icon_silent::icon_silent::icon_silent::icon_silent::icon_silent::tard::tard::tard::tard:

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BigWaveDave; Yup, I spent 3 DAYS getting the info for this clown and he tells me to shut up. Burns me. I just wish these idiots would Man Up and say it to me right here on the Open Forum for all to see. Next time I "WILL" expose this person for who they are right here in the open like a Man. They should Man up and stop hiding behind an Electronic Viel if you will. You got a gripe with me then by all means speak your piece right here. I'll call it like I see it. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. That's what Men do.
Everyone here who knows me knows I am a Gentleman who treats EVERYONE with RESPECT and that I go out of my way to help ANYONE. But to hide like a sniveling coward to pull crap like that just burns me. To me that "IS" a COWARD. They don't deserve the kindness of the good folks here. They are scum. Who knows, maybe I'll calm down by tomorrow morning after a nice nights sleep. Thanks guys I appreciate it. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi BigWaveDave; Yup, I spent 3 DAYS getting the info for this clown and he tells me to shut up. Burns me. I just wish these idiots would Man Up and say it to me right here on the Open Forum for all to see. Next time I "WILL" expose this person for who they are right here in the open like a Man. They should Man up and stop hiding behind an Electronic Viel if you will. You got a gripe with me then by all means speak your piece right here. I'll call it like I see it. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. That's what Men do.
Everyone here who knows me knows I am a Gentleman who treats EVERYONE with RESPECT and that I go out of my way to help ANYONE. But to hide like a sniveling coward to pull crap like that just burns me. To me that "IS" a COWARD. They don't deserve the kindness of the good folks here. They are scum. Who knows, maybe I'll calm down by tomorrow morning after a nice nights sleep. Thanks guys I appreciate it. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Let it go Barker before it eats you alive. Don't give him/her this much power over your emotions. Glad you vented, now let's move forward. I hope tomorrow brings a new day.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, now I'm confused. I thought this person never came back to Tnet after getting help - no 'thank you' or anything - just disappeared. So you did speak with them afterwards?

Is pretty stinking low for a newbie to tell a long-time member in good standing to shut up. Heck, that doesn't even happen with the long-time members.....which is probably WHY they're long-time members.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I always try to than people when I ask for information. One thing that I am having issues with is subscribing to threads so that I can remember what posts I have out there.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I consider a like as a thanks, am I wrong in this belief? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread