Indian totom or ?

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all :hello2:
Been a while since i posted a controversial post, so here is a new thread.
The Canadian government calls this a Indian figure, carved out of wood and taken from a grave site on the west coast.:icon_scratch:

What are your thoughts?:laughing7:

case006.jpg

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Totom, maybe.
A Russian or French trapper with an otter perhaps. Some blue faceted beads would be more telling.

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this man holds the platypus, and the platypus lives only in Australia, so that Australian aborigine

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems right. Hard to miss a platypus.
I wonder what he's doing with it.
I would like to say it love(in a good notion), but afraid that Russian humor here won't understand
So if seriously think you need to understand what does the people of Australia to this being, how to respect and apply, then it will be clear what makes a hero..

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this man holds the platypus, and the platypus lives only in Australia, so that Australian aborigine

Now that's interesting, A platypus.
:icon_thumright:
But why would a native Indian from the west coast of Canada be holding a platypus.
???
I would call the museum where it is and ask what they think , but i feel the canadain archeological community has there head so far up there ___ they cant see the light.

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's interesting, A platypus.
:icon_thumright:
But why would a native Indian from the west coast of Canada be holding a platypus.
???
I would call the museum where it is and ask what they think , but i feel the canadain archeological community has there head so far up there ___ they cant see the light.
I'm not all words are understood correctly. Perhaps you do not understand everything, but looking at the wooden man, it begs the question, travel and relocation of people across the continents! before it was easier...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to say it love(in a good notion), but afraid that Russian humor here won't understand
So if seriously think you need to understand what does the people of Australia to this being, how to respect and apply, then it will be clear what makes a hero..

Of course I understand the relationship of Australia with platypus. That's where they were first found as far as Europe goes. But big carvings in Canada? Why would a carving depict a man holding a platypus?
My knowledge of Totems go they were entities on top of each other like a hierarchy. This seems like maybe a import but nothing like the NW totems I've seen. They are very familiar while this is very different. But I haven't seen all totems.

BTW I read one of your books some time ago. Che Guevara On Gorilla Warfare

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW I read one of your books some time ago. Che Guevara On Gorilla Warfare

I certainly wrote a lot of stories about the search, but here's the book? it's not my

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do I see a beard?
:laughing7:
There seems to be a beard and a platypus, but if that is the case, the bc archaeological community will tell you the carving must have drifted over from Australia and a carving of a white man with a platypus could not have come from a burial site in Indian country.
:tongue3:
That is if they could see the light at the end of their tunnel.

platapus .jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with the platypus is, the feet are not right, they look like legs.

What if the the carver was trying to represent something that reflected the person in the picture, correvct me if i am wrong but the feet look like the feet of a alligator.

If this Indian figure represents a white man could the alligator represent a dragon.:dontknow:
hmmmmm
Untitled.jpg case006 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why couldn't it have been a maidenhead from the bow of a ship.Could have been placed on the captain's grave during early whaling ship days or a respected crewman?Also could have been from Australian merchant ship?That is assuming it is a platypus.A better picture of that part of carving might help confirm animals I.D.

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And is it possible to add more photos, especially wanted to see the face

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And is it possible to add more photos, especially wanted to see the face
Its the only picture, i will try contact the owners and ask about it.
As for it being a platypus, the legs are not right so i do not think it is .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread