ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was channel surfing the other night and Nat Geo had some guy following 'sign/blazes' from his horse. Periodically he would get off the horse and pull out his 'Long Range Locator' and tell us there gold in That direction. Finally comes to a cave, and the LRL says 'gold treasure or rich gold vein' in the cave. BoyHowdy, we're about to see some Treasure!

But Alas, cave is empty and he admits there is nothing here.
WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE!!! Your LRL said it was there WTF?

TV has seriously degraded since the days of I Love Lucy and The Gong Show.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude he has three rock specimens from two different continents. Just like the ones that sat in my geology class in college.
What do they have to do with treasure? Cmon man, cut it out.
Know the people were talking about. College that a good one. I learn more out of college than I did in it. It's trains to help you find the real information you need. Use that skill and research. I still learn everyday. You can to if you apply yourself.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thousands of specimens from all over the place. They traveled and we're many.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly saw more when I indulged in....opened up the mind.

View attachment 1417694
Well that funny! It will at least seem that way. One can open it up in many way. Now they treat depression with it. How can you be depressed when your laughing your donkey off.lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....They use to think the earth was flat....

This is the one I love. Another variation of this is: Scientists once thought heavier than-air flight was impossible.

And the fact that both those notions were proved wrong in history, is therefore iron-clad proof that ANY claim now (no matter how silly) is beyond doubt. Am I understanding this correctly ?

If so, then I propose that I can find treasure by smearing peanut butter on an old tennis shoe. Throw the shoe in the air. Wherever it points when it lands, is the direction of treasure. If you say "that's silly", all I have to tell you is: "They used to think the earth was flat". Right ? Thus making my proposition un-touchable, eh ?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I said you were wrong. There is the possibility by chance you found treasure by that method. From thing I've seen. I would throw up my hands and laughing and say damn good Tom!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
If I said you were wrong. There is the possibility by chance you found treasure by that method.....

Sure. In which case that would be "random chance". Just like the rocks: Where there is no real connection to supposed messages in squiggly lines and rock shapes, that correlate to treasure.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom I believe there are forces we see and ones we cant. It's like a miracle that happens. It's like Faith. Some believe in thing unseen. Like me and God. Need we go further with probability. Even the needle in the hay stack can be found.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom I believe there are forces we see and ones we cant. It's like a miracle that happens. It's like Faith. Some believe in thing unseen. Like me and God. Need we go further with probability. Even the needle in the hay stack can be found ....

Ok, sure. Then I assume you put full faith and belief into my tennis shoe covered w/peanut butter. Right ? Everything you're saying can equally bolster it in just the same way, right ?

It becomes beyond logical scrutiny, and enters the realm of "faith", "belief" "miraculous", requiring no proof, right ? Hence putting any TH'ing method someone proposes (no matter how preposterous ) beyond question or doubt . Right ?

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom have you ever applied any of the technique you can learn on treasure net. Read the threads like a guide to vault treasure hunting. It should work well in your area.the problem you might find is they are hunted already. There were plenty of activities after the expulsion. Sites I deal with are still covered up. There are so many across the country. First learn the layout in reference to the code book. Check out sites from the different people that post. Pictures from most of the sites are set up alike. With just a few different coordinates.it take work either way. If it works it works. It would be nice if the finders didn't risk losing it . There would be more open finds . That way you could see. You have so many open sites to study there. Go and look up known mines and study the signs an symbols of them. Who knows there could be a stash still in place .but you will never know if you don't do your home work. Your kind of thinking will get you nowhere.you have to play the game if you expect to win one. You want someone to lead you around to find it. Find a site and if it's untouched I tell you who to call. It will cost you half of the content. Not my rules you can't learn it that way. they come in with the knowledge and leave you without it. Then you back to your shoe and peanut butter. Would you still feel the way you do. Start with the basics. You will have to change the way you think about it. Positive thinking gets positive results. Think it then make it happen.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom have you ever applied any of the technique you can learn on treasure net. Read the threads like a guide to vault treasure hunting. It should work well in your area.the problem you might find is they are hunted already. There were plenty of activities after the expulsion. Sites I deal with are still covered up. There are so many across the country. First learn the layout in reference to the code book. Check out sites from the different people that post. Pictures from most of the sites are set up alike. With just a few different coordinates.it take work either way. If it works it works. It would be nice if the finders didn't risk losing it . There would be more open finds . That way you could see. You have so many open sites to study there. Go and look up known mines and study the signs an symbols of them. Who knows there could be a stash still in place .but you will never know if you don't do your home work. Your kind of thinking will get you nowhere.you have to play the game if you expect to win one. You want someone to lead you around to find it. Find a site and if it's untouched I tell you who to call. It will cost you half of the content. Not my rules you can't learn it that way. they come in with the knowledge and leave you without it. Then you back to your shoe and peanut butter. Would you still feel the way you do. Start with the basics. You will have to change the way you think about it. Positive thinking gets positive results. Think it then make it happen.

Bob, I have read this 3 times. And am still scratching my head trying to figure out what you are saying. :icon_scratch: So you're saying there is treasure signs in/on rocks lying about the landscape in the USA, right ? And for a person to doubt this, is to have "negative thinking" ?

Let's cut to the chase: How much treasure have you found deciphering rock symbols ? But let me guess: You can't say because you fear the IRS and thieves, right ?

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
See how easy it is guy's? Post a picture of some rocks and let the fun begin! Backwoodsbob , you should get some kind of award! I have never seen so many words written without really saying anything.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys ,I've been at a hospital for 36hrs. Im Tired I'm not the patient . Look if you want to know about this type of treasure hunting. You have to read up on it. Yes there is signs and symbols on stones. They are coast to coast. Now that just the start. Why you say? Back during the exploration of this country they were reaping the gold and silver and other goods for their Kings. Mining all they could find. Where Do you think Mel Fisher's finds came from? It didn't all make it to sea. Loads became lost. Even across land wagon trains disappeared.. they had trails that were marked. They had mints and smelting places. They had to store thing in vaults. There was pay for the people. They didn't travel hundreds of miles a day. So you have many places along a route. History man. They were here for hundreds of yrs before we became a country. Think about it. They didn't have bill boards like we do. They used stones ,rocks and mountain sides. You can tell where they were for an extended period of time. You find more worked stones. So there are so many that are found and discarded as nothing. But they are something enough to make a person pick it up in the first place. Maybe unique. Ok?

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, OAK ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS MAP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
backwoodsbob, No one doubts that yester-year people hid things. No one doubts that yesteryear people had gold and silver and mined for it (we still do that to this day after all). But to jump from THAT to then believe that any funny squiggle on a rock, or coincidental shapes of boulders, etc.... are treasure markers, ...... is where we disagree.

You say that a skeptic "just has to read up on it". They have. And they have found more plausible explanations. And thus dismiss the conspiracy theories and secret symbols as nothing but fanciful starry eyed imaginations. Sorry.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
backwoodsbob, No one doubts that yester-year people hid things. No one doubts that yesteryear people had gold and silver and mined for it (we still do that to this day after all). But to jump from THAT to then believe that any funny squiggle on a rock, or coincidental shapes of boulders, etc.... are treasure markers, ...... is where we disagree.

You say that a skeptic "just has to read up on it". They have. And they have found more plausible explanations. And thus dismiss the conspiracy theories and secret symbols as nothing but fanciful starry eyed imaginations. Sorry.
What part of California you in. I will help you while I'm there. I'll Show you what a stone may have on it. Your in the perfect place. I don't know if there are many places there left untouched. Most of the one that are. Well they're parks. Tom sharing my knowledge would be a pleasure. You will see, I'm a very simple person. I don't believe in glamour. . Most of the time I'm in shorts ,camouflage shirt and snake boots. I do own a lot of land but live very modest. It's just who I am. Not every stone is a treasure stone. I look for certain things. First a top map. Then learn the shape of the territory. Finding a stone with that shape. There are also the marker stones with animals on them. Tom start by studying the shapes of the work out west. Look up known sites or read the many good threads on here. There is plenty of very good examples on treasure net. I wish you all the best Let me know how I can help you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What amazes me is that so many folks through history took the same "How to Hide Your Treasure" correspondence course and, rather than enjoying their riches in life, they bury them but leave clues in the prescribed format.

If there is this gigantic secret society governing it - wouldn't they be able to afford a good strong vault where it could be accessed in nice clothes?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
What part of California you in. I will help you while I'm there. I'll Show you what a stone may have on it. Your in the perfect place. I don't know if there are many places there left untouched. Most of the one that are. Well they're parks. Tom sharing my knowledge would be a pleasure. You will see, I'm a very simple person. I don't believe in glamour. . Most of the time I'm in shorts ,camouflage shirt and snake boots. I do own a lot of land but live very modest. It's just who I am. Not every stone is a treasure stone. I look for certain things. First a top map. Then learn the shape of the territory. Finding a stone with that shape. There are also the marker stones with animals on them. Tom start by studying the shapes of the work out west. Look up known sites or read the many good threads on here. There is plenty of very good examples on treasure net. I wish you all the best Let me know how I can help you.

Bob, just want to let you know I LOVE reading your posts. And appreciate that you take the time to type out, reply, answer, etc..... I am fascinated by how people come to their conclusions, and how they respond to critical peer review, etc....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... If there is this gigantic secret society governing it - wouldn't they be able to afford a good strong vault where it could be accessed in nice clothes?

Aaaaahhh, but see, this is what they WANT you to believe. And it's working just fine (pretty clever on their part, eh?) The more people that dis-believe, the better the treasure remains hidden. They plant the seeds of skepticism, and no one will go looking for it. Except, of course, those that have "learned the secrets". Sssshhh, don't tell anyone :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread