How to be pursuasive when asking permission to hunt private property?

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fortunate to be in a service related field (wildlife control). If I'm going to be on a customer's property for 3-7 days catching stuff, I'll start with "how old is your home"? Then tell them one of my hobbies is metal detecting and always looking for old homesites to detect. "Would you mind the next time I come to pick up skunk, etc if I detected for a bit", or "I have an hour to kill before my next stop, would you mind...." Most of my customers say go for it, have fun. I only detect while I'm there though, if I want to go back a month or more later, I always call to ask again.
Of course I've already broken the ice by them calling me (and trusting me) to take care of their nuisance problem.

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it sounds to me like you have an ace in the hole, but it does give me an idea, just maybey, if we turn loose some fat rats on this guy's property we can get you over there to use some of that mojo.

Last edited:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would make for a heck of a service call from CT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread